Edit: Sorry, nevermind.
    Last edited by jstrianese; 10-16-09 at 01:42 PM.
    10-16-09 01:27 PM
    I recently purchased the 8830 World Edition. Once I powered it up, I observed that the phone didn't have the "Password Keeper." My wife has the Pear, which has the "Password Keeper." Long to short, can anyone adivse me of how and / or where to obtain that specific application?

Thanks,
    Pin 32C9FAF4
    10-23-09 03:16 PM
    Recommend using KeepassBB instead like several people have mentioned. It supports saving to internal memory or an external file, which makes backup easy. You can also just save the internal database to an external file whenever you want.
    10-23-09 08:45 PM
    I guess I'm not all that imaginative.. what kind of info do you keep in this app? Do people really have so many passwords that they can't remember them? I have like 5. Guess that's not super safe but I don't really care if someone breaks into my hotmail account and reads my spam.

What other info can be stored in this?
    10-24-09 11:54 PM
    I guess I'm not all that imaginative.. what kind of info do you keep in this app? Do people really have so many passwords that they can't remember them? I have like 5. Guess that's not super safe but I don't really care if someone breaks into my hotmail account and reads my spam.

What other info can be stored in this?
    Not every site has the same rules for password requirements.

Also some sites/whatever generate passwords for you. Also this is information storage, not password storage. Logins are all different, sites, insurance info, vehicle info, whatever random info you want.
    10-25-09 12:47 AM
    I'm just trying to think of what info I'd put in there.

Like credit card numbers... but I have the credit cards themselves on me whenever I have the phone on me. Maybe for if I lost my wallet?

Vehicle VIN I suppose? Never used that though.

umm... I just can't come up with any time when I needed to get at sensitive info and needed it right now so that I couldn't go home and get it or wherever.

Bomb making instructions? I guess. Names and numbers of one's drug suppliers? I suppose that could go in there. List of folks you've been paid to kill? ummm... I just can't fathom what would go in there unless you're some international spy or want to keep half-written love poems to your mistress handy for when inspiration strikes or something.

Credit cards I have on me, passwords I remember. anything else? specific, I mean.

thx
    10-25-09 01:30 AM
    I'm just trying to think of what info I'd put in there.

Like credit card numbers... but I have the credit cards themselves on me whenever I have the phone on me. Maybe for if I lost my wallet?

Vehicle VIN I suppose? Never used that though.

umm... I just can't come up with any time when I needed to get at sensitive info and needed it right now so that I couldn't go home and get it or wherever.

Bomb making instructions? I guess. Names and numbers of one's drug suppliers? I suppose that could go in there. List of folks you've been paid to kill? ummm... I just can't fathom what would go in there unless you're some international spy or want to keep half-written love poems to your mistress handy for when inspiration strikes or something.

Credit cards I have on me, passwords I remember. anything else? specific, I mean.

thx
    I like the added layer of protection and security this offers. I lock my BB with a secure password, and put sensitive info behind another password. I'm not on BES, so I can't have IT wipe the phone if it gets lost or stolen. In the event someone gets my phone before the password kicks in, it's nice knowing sensitive info is safeguarded.

I use it for my bank account numbers. I don't remember which account number goes with what account at which bank. I used to, but I don't go in banks that often anymore. My paychecks are direct deposit, and most things can be done at an ATM. There are a few times that I've had to go into a bank, and this info was helpful.

Frequent flier number/hotel rewards number/any sort of membership number. I don't really care to carry all those cards in my wallet. Helpful for booking things from work.

Credit card numbers/insurance card info. I keep this in here in case I ever lose my wallet or it gets stolen. Useful for when you need to call the company and cancel the cards, etc...

Vehicle info (VIN, plate numbers, registration info). I don't use this frequently, but it's handy when you need it. I had my car towed once, and needed some of this info. Also when calling roadside assistance.

And of course, passwords. I don't have the same password for everything. And now that everything online requires a password, I have different ones for everything. And I change them frequently. (Passwords at work expire every 90 days, and computer login password can't be the same password that other programs use)

Lots of this information is available on physical cards. But if I were to carry all these cards on me in the rare occurance I'd need them, my wallet would be 6" thick.

I find this program very useful
    10-26-09 01:51 PM
    Maybe I missed it but I never saw if anyone answered if there is a way you can autofill user names and passwords for webpages. Or is there a program that can do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 12:14 PM
    Requiring to go home to get information is kinda pointless though if you don't have to....

Site logins, insurance policy #'s and contact #'s, pins, account numbers (instead of carrying around a card in your wallet that could get stolen).

You might not care about your vehicle VIN, but you might want the Lojack information... Kinda useless if you have to wait to go home for the info....
    10-27-09 10:52 PM
    You might not care about your vehicle VIN, but you might want the Lojack information... Kinda useless if you have to wait to go home for the info....
    Oh I agree.. if I had lojack. But really, isn't the VIN of your car something that you could just keep in the notepad? Does it need to be encrypted?
    10-28-09 04:50 AM
    You could, but most of that other info I wouldn't be putting in Notepad.
    10-28-09 02:42 PM
    i've never used it but played with it the first time i got my BB. Then i forgot it days later but did not mind that it wiped all my data clean. However, it did not erase my songs. So i was wondering, what does it erase?

Thank you kindly
    05-25-11 09:50 PM
    I finally gave in and upgraded to .1015 on my Storm 2. Other than having to set up my phone again it all went well, till I went to use Password Keeper. My password lets me but all the data is gone! I did do a back up first but can't figure out how to get just the backed up Password Keeper on my phone and not do a full restore. Can someone please give step by step on how to just get the backed up version of Password Keeper onto my phone from the backed up version?
    05-31-11 09:47 PM
    Never mind..........I found out how to restore just Password Keeper in DM 6 (easy to do) and now all my entries are back on my phone.
    05-31-11 09:57 PM
    Is there an alternate way I can access my information in my Password Keeper? I have never changed my PW but I have put it in 6 times today and it won't recognize it. I don't dare try anymore. Can that PW be re-set?
    08-18-14 12:09 PM
    Is there an alternate way I can access my information in my Password Keeper? I have never changed my PW but I have put it in 6 times today and it won't recognize it. I don't dare try anymore. Can that PW be re-set?
    Nope. There's no way around it. If there were it wouldn't be very secure. If you enter it wrong 10 times it will wipe all the data and you can start over with Password Keeper.
    08-18-14 12:14 PM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD