Can anyone lend a hand if I've forgotten the master password? I've got one last shot at this.
    Thanks.
    11-25-08 11:25 AM
    What I'd like is a password program that automatically enters your username and password when you visit a website from the browser. Obviously for security you would first need to enter a master password or otherwise authenticate yourself.

Firefox and IE already do this for desktop machines ... the database is encrypted for security ... is there a program that does something similar for the BB?
    12-05-08 07:47 AM
    Roboform does exactly that. They have a mobile version which is free.

[EDIT] I take that back. It will not fill forms on the BB. It will only allow you to view your passwords. However, you can use the device's copy and paste feature...
    Last edited by jnick; 12-09-08 at 09:53 PM.
    12-09-08 09:44 PM
    Just wondering... does anyone use the BB Password Keeper? Is it worth using? HOW exactly does it work?

Thanks!
    Pretty convenient and DO follow everyone else's advice here...don't forget your master password.
    12-11-08 04:42 PM
    I use it all the time and I need it
    12-11-08 08:38 PM
    I am getting an error when I use Password Keeper. I have BB 8703e, OS v4.2.1.119 (Platform 2.3.0.25).

Specifically, I get "uncaught exception: # >= #" that, for now, appears only in Password Keeper. The # seems to match the total number of password "records" in the database. (So far the numbers are always identical: #=#.)

It usually happens when I exit Password Keeper after editing an existing record or adding a new one. When the exception error fires, the program erases the entry I have just edited. Currently the exceptions are erratic. It does not always happen and I have not noticed a pattern, yet.

This problem appeared when I recently upgraded to the new OS. This is the first OS upgrade I have applied to the unit. I had no problems with Password Keeper running on prior to the upgrade. Has anyone experienced similar problems?

I am concerned that Password Keeper may erase the entire database at some point. I have a backup, but I would prefer to move on to a better application. (For now, I prefer not to address a new password application, but rather fix the problem or prepare the data for transfer.)

Does anyone know how to print out the entire database or at least look at a summary screen with all the entries? I prefer NOT to offload by looking at the entries one at a time.

Thanks in advance!
    01-01-09 02:20 PM
    Can anyone lend a hand if I've forgotten the master password? I've got one last shot at this.
    Thanks.
    I know this is too late, but no one can help you out with this. I believe that is the beauty of the password keeper.

KeePass is absolutely the best IMO. It's free and with the PC version, it is easily synced.
    01-01-09 02:29 PM
    **** that

If my BB gets in the wrong hands... I just remember my passwords.
    Thank you photographic memory.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 01-01-09 at 02:54 PM. Reason: language
    01-01-09 02:47 PM
    Is there a way to access this information from the pc side of things? I already have a DB of passwords, and user names on the PC which Iwrote myself years ago. Is there a way to import passwords? I suppose the DB backup on left on the PC is encrypted so, any app I wrote couldn't read or write from it...
    ~S
    02-10-09 10:01 AM
    So...writing my desk top's password under my keyboard isn't a good idea?
    02-10-09 10:56 PM
    Is there a way to access this information from the pc side of things? I already have a DB of passwords, and user names on the PC which Iwrote myself years ago. Is there a way to import passwords? I suppose the DB backup on left on the PC is encrypted so, any app I wrote couldn't read or write from it...
    ~S
    Unfortunately, there is not desktop counterpart. The backup contained in the ipd file is encrypted.

You probably can import by saving your stuff as a plain text file and either copying it or emailing it to the BB and then use cut/paste to get it into the BB Password keeper file. What I've done is given up on separate entries for each id/password and just keeping adding text to the bottom in a list format of one item I called FORUMS.
    02-11-09 09:00 AM
    I have about 25 work and personal passwords. I use this all the time and love it!
    02-11-09 09:05 AM
    yes, the Blackberry Password Keeper is a good program, I have used it on the Pearl and on the old 8330 as well as now on the Storm. It works pretty easy, i just wish I could figure how to back up the info on my laptop.
    03-05-09 10:50 AM
    KeePass has a desktop version, so you can sync between BB and desktop. It is one of the reasons I use that program instead of the default password keeper.
    03-05-09 11:11 AM
    I have forgotten my master password. So I assume it will just wipe the contents once I input the 10th wrong password and I can start over by reentering everything with a new password that I will hopefully remember this time?

Nevermind...someone already answered this in an earlier post.
    Last edited by skynny70; 03-05-09 at 11:21 AM. Reason: stupidity
    03-05-09 11:16 AM
    Just started using it today, pretty sweet for a free app.
    03-09-09 02:20 PM
    I use it all the time, great app!
    03-09-09 03:53 PM
    Never used it..
    03-09-09 06:50 PM
    yes, the Blackberry Password Keeper is a good program, I have used it on the Pearl and on the old 8330 as well as now on the Storm. It works pretty easy, i just wish I could figure how to back up the info on my laptop.
    It is backed up every time you do a back up through Desktop Manager. If they get wiped you can just do a restore of the DB and they'll all be back.

It would be nice to have a desktop application like KeePass, but I would probably never use it since I'm never at my PC anymore.
    03-09-09 07:04 PM
    I do not use this app at all. I have no use for it actually.
    03-09-09 07:05 PM
    Okay, I want to change the password I've entered for the password keeper. Can anyone help me with that one?

enter into the PW Keeper and then hit the Menu key (BB key) and one of the choices is "change PW"!
    03-09-09 09:46 PM
    I never used password keeper on my previous 2 BlackBerries, but for some reason, I started using it with my newest BB. I keep my bank and cc info. stored in my head, but everything else...forums, bills, school stuff, etc., I've found that password keeper is very useful! If someone steals my BB, who cares if they have access to my Crackberry account or my cable company account? I don't save payment info on ANY website, so this app. is just fine for me.
    03-09-09 11:35 PM
    Does it work with Opera Mini? Or is just to keep them in order so that if you forget one, you can go back and look at it.

Hmmm, I guess it could be good to help me remember different usernames... I usually have the same password for everything tho.
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with web browsing. It's an app. on your phone, where you can store any username/password to anything. You have access to password keeper whether you have data or not.
    03-09-09 11:38 PM
    I use FlexWallet. I think it was $20 or so, but it synchronizes with my computer at home too so it's very convenient and worth the price in my mind.
    03-10-09 06:42 AM
    is there anyway to auto complete passwords?

My work BB keeps asking for my work web password and only gives me the option of saving the username...
    05-26-09 04:08 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD