Anyone have the OS install files for the Oynx OS with the new BBM, i would like to get them and see if i can switch out the files with my Storm's OS and see if i can get the new slick, awesome BBM to work.
    07-15-09 02:54 PM
    Anyone have the OS install files for the Oynx OS with the new BBM, i would like to get them and see if i can switch out the files with my Storm's OS and see if i can get the new slick, awesome BBM to work.
    You don't think these people out here haven't been trying it?? LOL. Trust me they have. You cannot take the BBM files from the Onyx and put on another device to get the new BBM.
    07-15-09 02:56 PM
    You don't think these people out here haven't been trying it?? LOL. Trust me they have. You cannot take the BBM files from the Onyx and put on another device to get the new BBM.
    LOL... whats the point of trying to create a frankenstein OS... There is no possible way to make a Onyx (non touch) coded program work on a Storm. The only way your getting BBM 5.0 is upon release of OS 5
    07-15-09 03:21 PM
    havent seen any posts about it so i thought i would ask.....
    07-15-09 03:21 PM
    LOL... whats the point of trying to create a frankenstein OS... There is no possible way to make a Onyx (non touch) coded program work on a Storm. The only way your getting BBM 5.0 is upon release of OS 5
    It's not just the Storm.

havent seen any posts about it so i thought i would ask.....
    No worried mate. I was only trying to let you know that people have tried it already. I know someone on this forum sent some .cod's to someone claiming it was the new BBM. But doesn't work. You can't take files from 9020 and make new BBM work. Sorry.
    07-15-09 03:23 PM
    The Platform is why it won't work correct? I think it's platform 5.1.
    07-15-09 03:25 PM
    If there is a human-realized way to do that I'll guess there would be a lot of "How-To" out there
    07-15-09 03:55 PM
    The Platform is why it won't work correct? I think it's platform 5.1.
    Higher Platform than what? Right now the 9000 & 8900's Platform is higher than the 9020's.
    07-15-09 04:30 PM
    Higher Platform than what? Right now the 9000 & 8900's Platform is higher than the 9020's.
    Hmm, I remember reading a post a couple weeks ago or so, saying the files from the Onyx won't work on other devices due to Platform on something.
    07-15-09 04:36 PM
    Hmm, I remember reading a post a couple weeks ago or so, saying the files from the Onyx won't work on other devices due to Platform on something.
    Dunno who said that. The Platform on the new 9000 & 8900 builds is higher than the Onyx builds and you can't just swap cod files. Hence it has nothing to do with the platform since the new 5.0 is higher than 9020's.
    07-15-09 05:53 PM
    You guys are way too much! I wish I understood half of what you all said here. Ausch I sent you a BBM invitation and you never responded.
    07-15-09 06:05 PM
    Dunno who said that. The Platform on the new 9000 & 8900 builds is higher than the Onyx builds and you can't just swap cod files. Hence it has nothing to do with the platform since the new 5.0 is higher than 9020's.
    makes some sense since there are hybrids for the storm with 5.0 (non touch) files included, maybe there is a platform differance with the oynx
    07-15-09 06:19 PM
    im still dying to get my hands on one still, its my next upgrade
    07-15-09 06:20 PM
    I second this. They don't work with Tour .40 either.
    07-15-09 07:28 PM
    It'll be out before we even notice man. It can't be on hold for that long, I think...
    07-15-09 08:18 PM
    You guys are way too much! I wish I understood half of what you all said here. Ausch I sent you a BBM invitation and you never responded.
    One day you'll understand it.

PS: Send again, never got one for some reason.
    07-15-09 08:26 PM
    Seeing that your part of a select few, who actually pay to get devices early (waste IMO but thats me ), i'm sure having them early you can learn more as you go along

BTW if you ever have q's about stuff like this dont hesitate to ask!
    07-15-09 08:31 PM
    Seeing that your part of a select few, who actually pay to get devices early (waste IMO but thats me ), i'm sure having them early you can learn more as you go along

BTW if you ever have q's about stuff like this dont hesitate to ask!
    Im trying to learn! Thank you so much for the offer Radio, and I do have 2 questions, I hope you can answer it

What's a 9030 and a 9800???
    07-15-09 08:34 PM
    Im trying to learn! Thank you so much for the offer Radio, and I do have 2 questions, I hope you can answer it

What's a 9030 and a 9800???
    LOL If you ever wanna BBM me, I "may" speak about em...
    07-15-09 08:52 PM
    Ping Pong

I have nothing relative to post other than C_X is correcto.

Oh that and I wanted to drop Ping Pong into a reply at some point today.
    07-15-09 09:47 PM
    07-17-09 03:28 PM
    so everyone who said it couldnt be done, well, they just did, woohoo!! I have it loaded, its great, works great, love the 3D barcode.
    07-17-09 03:29 PM
    it wasn't workable with previous files, only with the ones that just got released
    07-18-09 04:51 PM
    I remembered coz i asked for the cod from salomondrin it's in one of his threads.
    07-18-09 05:38 PM
    so everyone who said it couldnt be done, well, they just did, woohoo!! I have it loaded, its great, works great, love the 3D barcode.
    Those weren't files from the Onyx. Hey go right ahead, I'll give you the cod files from the onyx and you load them onto your device and see if they work. I'll guarantee you they don't. These were different files. For example, the Onyx shows BBM 4.7.0 for the BBM application. Your device now shows 5.0. Therefore they cannot be the same files. Nobody ever said it couldn't be done, I've been using BBM2 for two months. It was only said the 9020's files won't work.

So next time you try and say something like in the quote above, at least be sure of what you're talking about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 06:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD