I am having this very annoying problem with my blackberry bold. When ever i take out my blackberry out of the holster, the screen will be white and i need to press some keys and move the track ball to make the screen clear. Sometime i dont even able to see who is calling me before answering the call. I tried update / crackmem full erase the software everything, but the problem is just not going away. what cauld be wrong ?
    06-16-09 09:39 PM
    If it seems to work other than the screen is not working, then it's hardware.
    06-16-09 09:51 PM
    what hardware possiblly failing here ? screen ?
    06-16-09 10:01 PM
    Yeah, the LCD. The reason that's my guess is because...
    You did a full wipe and reinstall, no help.
    The phone seems to work anyway, since you can receive calls.

One thing to check. Basically the phone is put in standby with most holsters. Try not using the holster for a while and see if it repeats. You can also try putting it into standby using the Mute button on top, see if that replicates the issue.
    06-16-09 10:05 PM
    mine does the same thing, but only every once in a while. Never when receiving a call though. just when randomly pulling it out of the holster. white screen.
    06-16-09 10:09 PM
    i have the problem outside holster also sometimes. when i press any key, the screen is white and then i need to press few key and roll my trackball then ok
    06-17-09 03:45 AM
    I get the same problem once in a while when using the OEM holster once I press any key the white screen goes away.
    06-17-09 07:07 AM
    Could this be a lag due to the CPU or memory usage being high? Any other signs of the unit being slow?
    06-17-09 07:10 AM
    It's because the memory lag... Try pulling battery or just soft reset your device... works for me..

but btw... I get those white screens when my memory is below 5MB, does that mean I'm not the only hardcore here? tee hee
    06-17-09 07:21 AM
    I'm running .266 and I have the same problem.. I have 20mb free onboard.. so its not memory..
    06-17-09 08:29 AM
    Is everyone having this issue running 266?
    06-17-09 08:32 AM
    yup im running .266 and i have the same issue. It only happens once in a blue moon though. knock on wood.
    06-17-09 10:10 AM
    I'm having the same issue...but only when I take the Bold out of its OEM leather holster when I have new email. It never does it any other time...

And my available memory is always 39-42mb.

What's the deal?
    06-18-09 01:31 PM
    Same here. Running .266. Randomly when taking the phone out of the holster it will have a white screen.
    06-18-09 01:34 PM
    I'm having the same issue...but only when I take the Bold out of its OEM leather holster when I have new email. It never does it any other time...
    I'll have to keep an eye on it now, thanks for that bit of info. maybe that is when it is happening to me as well.

oh and i am running .247 it happened to me on .266 as well
    06-18-09 04:27 PM
    It is white for me when I pull it out of the holster ONLY if I have an unread text or email.

It has been this way ever since the first time I upgraded OSes. I'm on .266 now and have been on 3 other OSes prior.

My memory is always at least in the 30 MB range. I don't run a lot of apps.

I am positive that it is not a hardware error. It seems to be a bug.
    06-18-09 06:05 PM
    It happens to me too. I am with Malaysian Telco and on 266 firmware. It better be software/firmware issue.... Downloading 282 now and will be installing soon. Hopefully the upgrading will helps.
    06-19-09 11:24 PM
    I get this on mine as well, 266 installed.
    06-21-09 11:53 AM
    That happened to me ONLY once. I did a quick battery pull and it never happened again. I have OS 167
    06-21-09 02:20 PM
    This isn't a new problem, it has happened to thousands of Bold owners, billions of times. Fortunately, it's no big deal as all you have to do is hit a button (I use the back button) and it clears and goes to the lock screen.

No, it doesn't have to do with memory I don't think, because some people have "less than 5MB" and other have into the 30's and this still occurs. It only occurs every now and then (not every single time) and only when you pull it out of the holster. I don't know if it is the OEM holster specifically, but in my case it is (I don't own any other holster to test it out with). There have been several threads regarding this white screen before.
    |
    It's probably just a small bug in the OS somewhere (maybe??), but thankfully it is so small and so easy to fix (just press a button, how hard is that?) that you quickly don't even really notice or care anymore. Mine's done it every now and then since December '08 (when I bought the phone).

P.S: I am not (and never have been) on .266. So, no ,it's not .266 specifically.
    06-21-09 04:52 PM
    it's happened to me ever since i left the original ATT OS version (what is that .167 or something?)
    it's very sporadic and it's never really interfered with anything. I only see it when it's locked and coming out of the holster. matter of fact after reading all the posts i realized that since i've been using it without locking when holstered i haven't seen the whitescreen....
    06-21-09 05:01 PM
    running .266 and having the same problem
    06-21-09 05:11 PM
    it's happened to me ever since i left the original ATT OS version (what is that .167 or something?)
    it's very sporadic and it's never really interfered with anything. I only see it when it's locked and coming out of the holster. matter of fact after reading all the posts i realized that since i've been using it without locking when holstered i haven't seen the whitescreen....
    Now THIS is an interesting find, and possibly makes more sense, rather than simply what OS we're all running (it's not a specific OS, people!). I wonder how many of us with this problem have the phone locked when pulling it out? Because mine always is locked. I have it autolock after it's idle a certain amount of seconds.
    06-21-09 05:42 PM
    Not sure if this was posted yet. I have found if the phone is already locked before putting it in the holster then there is no white screen.
    06-24-09 07:18 AM
    I have recently upgraded to the "official" .282 OS build from my previous .266...and for the first two days after the upgrade, I had no white screen issues...then suddenly it has started occurring each time I pull the Bold from its holster but only consistantly when I have unread emails or messages.

The Bold I am using now is a warranty replacement, and I went immediately from the stock AT&T .167 OS version to .266...so I don't have any history to look back on. But, on my previous Bold the white screen bug started occurring when I hit version .247 in the upgrade level...and has followed me up to .266.

My available memory is 42mb...so it's clearly not a memory issue. I think it's a bug that has been in the last few OS build versions, and is something that jacks with the CPU/"sleep mode" battery relationship that causes the screen to be "confused" for lack of a better term...

An annoyance more than a huge issue for sure...but I hope that they get the bug fixed in the upcoming (I hope for the Bold anyway) 5.0 release.
    06-24-09 10:55 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD