Definitely! Gamma Prime is on the way

YESSSSSS!!!!

I love the anticipation of hybrids... reminds me of the good ol days of Lyricidal and all the hybrids for my 9530 Storm.
    04-27-12 10:19 PM
    I can relate to the anticipation feeling for a new hybrid.....especially one by Mecca. Everyone he's put together is a winner.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    swiftex and Mecca EL like this.
    04-28-12 12:11 AM
    Definitely! Gamma Prime is on the way

Not sure about the pre-paid services, but I'm sure Tmo's customer service would be able to answer some of your questions. Also, when in doubt mobilespeedtest.com will surely answer any 4G concerns
    Thanks Mecca. any comment regarding Wi-Fi calling? it was my understanding that the 9810 should get that feature with the .284 update? thanks again and looking forward to the gamma prime
    04-28-12 08:33 PM
    I keep finding myself a bit flustered

When I try to have a groove and listen to my music my phone ends up unresponsive during and after the playing of the first song and eventually restarts itself continuously.

I circumvented this by reinstalling but after the 3rd occurrence, I think it's worth bringing up.
    05-02-12 05:06 PM
    .378 has just been leaked. Are you gonna include cods of .378 in Gamma, Mecca?
    05-02-12 11:44 PM
    Hey Mecca/Everyone,
    I finally got some you know what, and downloaded the .378 from Mobilicity Friday evening, using DM (as apposed to Loader) and, it went flawlessly with zero issues. Restored my 3rd party apps and folders also with no issue. I did a couple of battery pulls after the initial install and one after the email reset, and it's been running perfect!

The average battery drain is between 2.78% and 3.25% (this morning) and it ran all day and evening on one charge and still had 38% left at midnight last night. The charge rate is 40.29% hr, and the average level is 82.79%. And, this was with my browser open all day yesterday, running the PGATour.com site-watching the tournament scores, while on the golf course. I sent probably 20 emails as well and still 38% at midnight.

One thing on the analyzer that I don’t understand is the section that is marked General and shows Backlight at 14.78’%, Bluetooth at 99.67% and Phone Usage at 1.04%. What do those numbers/percentages mean??

Overall, it seems a little quicker (think someone said snappier and that is a correct description) and it has the HotSpot which I clicked on once (yes no charge) but closed as I really don’t use it. I have wifi in my office and home and don’t use a PB yet, so no real need for it. Question though, if I don’t have it checked, and continue to receive wifi coverage as usual, there should be no charge-- correct???
    So to sum it up, I’m thrilled with it and much thanks to everyone that helped me through the process of upgrading to this version! As Always Mecca--Thank you for all your help over the last year! Told you I'd do it eventially!
    05-07-12 03:58 PM
    Thanks Mecca. any comment regarding Wi-Fi calling? it was my understanding that the 9810 should get that feature with the .284 update? thanks again and looking forward to the gamma prime
    Update: I spoke with T-Mo and the reason I only see the option for 2G is that my 9810 was originally AT&T and even it is unlocked it only gives you 2g with T-MO. I sold that phone and now finally put my hands on a 9810 originally from T-MO and uploaded beta prime and bingo!!! Now with T-Mo prepaid plan I have: 4G, wifi calling and Mobile hotspot.
    No problems at all and I notice the reboot after BP goes pretty quickly compared with what I am used to, I used the destop manager to do the upload.
    Thank you so much for this great hybrid and.. already looking forward to the Gamma.. whenever is ready... Thank you Mecca!!!

Ooopss... I think what I install is not beta prime... on my device it says about device versions: 7.1 bundle 998 (v7.1.0.284. platform 5.1.0.230) I think that is the official Tmobile version.

Humm.. I unzipped the beta prime download and paste the folder on the windows 7: program files/common files/rim/shared/loader files and erased the .284 folder I had there before... then I went from the shared folder to the apploader folder and click on the loader exe file. it did everything okay supposedly.. ??? How do I know if I have beta prime or not?
    Last edited by espaniolo; 05-25-12 at 05:15 AM. Reason: I realize a may have screwed up...
    05-25-12 02:54 AM
    looking forward to the gamma prime
    The wait has been worth it! He did it again. Like drinking Single-Malt Scotch..... Very smooth.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 on Meccas' "Gamma Prime" Hybrid OS using Tapatalk (*_~)
    05-27-12 06:44 AM
    I apologize for going missing, everyone. Needed a break from the net for a few.

.378 has just been leaked. Are you gonna include cods of .378 in Gamma, Mecca?
    I originally started Gamma Prime with parts from .378, but performance wasn't nice.

Update: I spoke with T-Mo and the reason I only see the option for 2G is that my 9810 was originally AT&T and even it is unlocked it only gives you 2g with T-MO. I sold that phone and now finally put my hands on a 9810 originally from T-MO and uploaded beta prime and bingo!!! Now with T-Mo prepaid plan I have: 4G, wifi calling and Mobile hotspot.
    No problems at all and I notice the reboot after BP goes pretty quickly compared with what I am used to, I used the destop manager to do the upload.
    Thank you so much for this great hybrid and.. already looking forward to the Gamma.. whenever is ready... Thank you Mecca!!!

Ooopss... I think what I install is not beta prime... on my device it says about device versions: 7.1 bundle 998 (v7.1.0.284. platform 5.1.0.230) I think that is the official Tmobile version.

Humm.. I unzipped the beta prime download and paste the folder on the windows 7: program files/common files/rim/shared/loader files and erased the .284 folder I had there before... then I went from the shared folder to the apploader folder and click on the loader exe file. it did everything okay supposedly.. ??? How do I know if I have beta prime or not?
    alt E-S-C-R

The wait has been worth it! He did it again. Like drinking Single-Malt Scotch..... Very smooth.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 on Meccas' "Gamma Prime" Hybrid OS using Tapatalk (*_~)
    Thanks BL. I'll be releasing Gamma Prime soon. Waiting on a few other hybrids to be completed, for a single post group.
    05-27-12 09:16 AM
    I concur - Gamma Prime is another outstanding build by Mecca! I did not think any build could be better than Beta Prime - but Mecca has outdone himself YET AGAIN!

Thanks, Mecca!!!!

05-27-12 04:44 PM
    Can't wait to try it out for myself! The suspense is killing me.
    05-28-12 01:48 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD