Camera does not work unless you zoom in and out...any fixes?

*edit* The supplement pack works brilliantly, fixes all the issues.
    Last edited by wout000; 03-24-12 at 09:53 AM.
    03-23-12 06:01 PM
    HHHahahahaha!!! I keep forgetting to take out that stupid, contact list erasing app. And BBProtect is in the "removed items" folder, inside of this build. Left it for those wanting to install it

Also, there's a suppliment pack that I've added to the 1st post incase of camera issues
    Thank you.
    03-23-12 06:45 PM
    FYI: BlackBerry Bold 9900, Bold 9790 and Curve 9320 OS 7.1.0.351 spotted by browser detection..
    Maybe a useful .cod here....a .cod there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-23-12 08:26 PM
    Just wanted to post some numbers for a day on 03/11:

......on 03/16:

........LOL, this morning:

This chart indicates the time that I was outside cutting the lawn/spreading weed killer fertilizer after church:
    a few hours(I'm feelin' it, too!)

So, after after listening to over two hours of music while working:

I post this to say that I'm utilizing the simple concept explained in the .258 thread. Nothing different. I can't say it enough, follow the directives as pointed out if you are still concerned about poor battery performance. LOL. BTW, thanks again, MECCA, for pointing out some very helpful information. Some of us overlook the simple stuff. I did.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-26-12 at 12:23 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-25-12 05:24 PM
    Well - once again Mecca has hit a home run with Beta Prime. I have been running it for about 20 hours - battery discharge rate is lowest I have seen, GUI and application response is the fastest I have seen, the incorporation of the sfi from .267 has made for excellent call quality.

Due to some firmware issues on my particular 9810, I can not use the native browser (I use Opera) - so can't comment on native browsing, but Opera seems to be the fastest I have experienced so far. And download speeds (apps) seems faster as well.

So overall - this is yet another vast step up from Mecca's Alpha Prime which was superb.

Thanks Mecca - from all of us!!!

BTW - to anyone who got the "OMA DA 0/1" error message:

OMA is an alliance of several cell phone device manufacturers, developers of media software, and certain cellular carriers. The OMA software they have developed has to do with securing media rights (to prevent copyright infringement on media) - the error message is stating that during installation/restore, there was 1 record that did not get restored onto your device (hence the "0/1" - ZERO restoration of ONE record).

I got this error - nothing to worry about, and given the description above, this also explains why the lack of restoring the OMA record is not affecting proper operation of any of your apps.
    Blacklatino and Mecca EL like this.
    03-25-12 07:21 PM
    Hey everyone im wondering what base I should be instaling this over.

I tried installing this over offical .267 and it doesnt seem to work. The profile still says .267

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by inocent3; 03-26-12 at 10:31 PM.
    03-26-12 09:46 PM
    Hey everyone im wondering what base I should be instaling this over.

I tried installing this over offical .267 and it doesnt seem to work. The profile still says .267

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    inocent:

You do not "install this over" any base - it is .284 based anyway; the reference to .267 was only that Beta Prime contains the sfi (radio) file from .267. In addition - note that Beta Prime is a complete OS package - not just cod files that you paste over an existing OS.

Here is what you need to do:

1) Uninstall .267 from your PC
    2) Run a registry cleaner (like CCleaner) to clear the PC registry of any "trail" to .267
    3) Install the TMOB .284 leak on your PC
    4) Once installed, rename or delete the TMOB .284 folder from the Loader folder that is inside the Shared folder - BUT DO NOT UNINSTALL TMOB .284 - JUST DELETE OR RENAME THE TMOB .284 FOLDER
    5) After unzipping the Beta Prime package, copy the Beta Prime folder into the Loader folder that is inside the Shared folder.
    6) Then user loader.exe to install to your device
    inocent3 and Mecca EL like this.
    03-26-12 11:11 PM
    @OP. Aside from the instructions posted for you, here are a couple FYIs to help you. There is not a magic number of "physical BPs" (not soft-resets) during the next 24-48 hrs to allow the OS to settle. I personally do more BPs than probably required. So, I won't quote a number, but, it's definitely more than two.. Also, allow extra time after upgrading for settling with additional apps. Good luck and just follow the instructions posted.

03-26-12 11:26 PM
    Been back on this for about two days and performance is stellar! Thanks for the great hybrid, Mecca!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-01-12 12:51 PM
    Been back on this for about two days and performance is stellar! Thanks for the great hybrid, Mecca!
    I had no problem with it or the touchscreen issues. It's about time I switched back as well.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 04-01-12 at 09:35 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-01-12 02:07 PM
    You're welcome man. I can't wait for something new to play with.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    04-01-12 05:02 PM
    This hybrid saves battery life a lot, especially when the phone is in idle.

Hats off to the Mecca's job!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-04-12 12:11 AM
    After going thru different OS/hybrids, this one still rocks and gives me the best battery life with over 40+ apps.
    04-05-12 09:12 PM
    I agree with Blacklatino completely - Beta Prime is beyond a doubt the best hybrid I have run on my 9810 - and the best 7.1 OS available.

I just went through 3 days of HEAVY phone and email usage - battery discharge rate never exceeded the low 3s - I have had absolutely no problems with lag, touch screen hesitation, no spinning clock - nothing except stellar performance!!

Thank you, Mecca - if you ever stop building hybrids, I will either have to commit suicide or to to Android (nah . . suicide is the better choice!)
    04-07-12 11:54 PM
    How'd you get your battery bar to show up like it does in the screenshot?

A++ build btw.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-09-12 12:21 AM
    Hey Mecca, are you in the process of building another hybrid? and if so, will it be released soon? I'm asking because i installed alpha like a week before you released beta. i really am considering getting this build, but am holding out for 'fresher meat' if one is coming.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 Alpha Prime using Crackberry via Tapatalk
    04-09-12 08:01 PM
    can you switch the radio between 2g/edge and 4g/h+ in this one? i miss being able to do that since upping to 7.1.0.258
    04-11-12 07:08 PM
    can you switch the radio between 2g/edge and 4g/h+ in this one? i miss being able to do that since upping to 7.1.0.258

That option is a thing of the past. AT$T is no longer allowing the ability to select.

04-11-12 07:23 PM
    LOL. Yeah, the bastages!

from my "very underrated", Addictive CrackBerry 9810 w/ Tapatalk; Ψ Φπ (*_~)
    04-11-12 07:34 PM
    Hey Mecca, are you in the process of building another hybrid? and if so, will it be released soon? I'm asking because i installed alpha like a week before you released beta. i really am considering getting this build, but am holding out for 'fresher meat' if one is coming.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 Alpha Prime using Crackberry via Tapatalk
    I was actually tinkering with some new stuff, but I'm also waiting on a new OS to leak. It's been almost a month since there's been anything new released. It will be about a week before I'm done testing the current one I'm compiling, so feel free to install Beta Prime.

Only 7.0 still has that capability on AT&T phones- I'm assuming, since I haven't gone back to that version of OS since last year. And the only 7.1 that allowed manual radio switching on AT&T was 7.1.0.74. With all carriers headed towards 4G, we may not ever see manual switching again.
    04-11-12 07:53 PM
    Only 7.0 still has that capability on AT&T phones- I'm assuming, since I haven't gone back to that version of OS since last year. And the only 7.1 that allowed manual radio switching on AT&T was 7.1.0.74. With all carriers headed towards 4G, we may not ever see manual switching again.
    That option is a thing of the past. AT$T is no longer allowing the ability to select.

that really is a shame. i'm going to try this hybrid and see if i can't get some better battery life. my berry only seems to last all day if i don't ever use it i love the bells and whistles, but what good is a dead-by-3pm phone? and, for the record, I could easily last until 10pm or later on 7.0, only when I opted for EDGE-forced data
    04-11-12 09:57 PM
    after installing this hybrid the touchscreen seems alot better. I have tried absolutely every OS out there and i always have this touchscreen problem where its inaccurate or not responding. i will wait for it to settle in before i get too excited. if all goes well ill slowly install the games, apps, etc that wernt included.

i have an at&t branded torch 9810. Luckily i did my research before i bought this phone as i bought it for next to nothing. i can sell the parts and still make money out of it if i cant stand it.

but so far so good. i wish they worked on the touchscreen issue more than anything else.
    04-23-12 12:23 AM
    Now that .402 is out, any chance of a new Prime on the way?
    rayme_san likes this.
    04-25-12 03:59 PM
    yeah! it wont work unless u zoom in
    I just installed this yesterday after spending a long time reading the threads. I just want to report that after i figured out how to load this release everything seems to work well. I did not have to load the second thing Mecca publesh after words and I have no problems with camera at all. I am with T-mobile prepaid plan for $60 unlimited web, text, talk including BB plan. I don't see the H+ only edge and see no choice to change that. Does that mean that my plan does not include 4G?
    Thank you all for such a great forum and help. @Mecca
    I have another question: I see I have now Hotspot mobile option, I thought I read somewhere that with T-mobile 9810 7.1 also includes Wi-FI calling but I don't see that option. Any input on this? Thank you.
    Last edited by espaniolo; 04-26-12 at 04:56 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-26-12 04:52 PM
    Now that .402 is out, any chance of a new Prime on the way?
    Definitely! Gamma Prime is on the way

I just installed this yesterday after spending a long time reading the threads. I just want to report that after i figured out how to load this release everything seems to work well. I did not have to load the second thing Mecca publesh after words and I have no problems with camera at all. I am with T-mobile prepaid plan for $60 unlimited web, text, talk including BB plan. I don't see the H+ only edge and see no choice to change that. Does that mean that my plan does not include 4G?
    Thank you all for such a great forum and help. @Mecca
    I have another question: I see I have now Hotspot mobile option, I thought I read somewhere that with T-mobile 9810 7.1 also includes Wi-FI calling but I don't see that option. Any input on this? Thank you.
    Not sure about the pre-paid services, but I'm sure Tmo's customer service would be able to answer some of your questions. Also, when in doubt mobilespeedtest.com will surely answer any 4G concerns
    04-27-12 02:15 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD