7.1.0.284 was leaked the other day, and by now you know what that means – a new OSBB hybrid.

A word of caution! Although this build loaded fine for me, attempting to restore my apps via loader.exe resulted in a boot loop multiple times. I believe this is due either to the version of Desktop Manager I’m using, although it might also be the flash memory on my BlackBerry (or the hybrid I suppose, but that seems unlikely). Loading my apps worked perfectly fine via OTA and BlackBerry App World. Therefore I am very strongly recommending that you load only the base files included in the build, and the remainder of your apps via OTA or App World.

Recommended base is either 6.0.0.706 or 6.0.0.723, whichever is higher for your BlackBerry. As always, I haven’t tested this on anything other than the 9650.

There’s not too much to say about this one – it’s similar to OSBB 706v4 but it has some updated files. Overall speed seems improved (might just be because I needed a wipe pretty bad), and rebooting seems quicker. I can’t speak to signal or battery life yet.
    As with OSBB 706v4, I’m going to recommend the loader.exe wipe method, but if you just want to do a standard update that should be fine. The loader wipe method goes like this:

1. Extract the files from the .zip folder to your OS folder. The .alx files aren’t necessary except to establish correct version numbers for apps, or to install apps that aren’t included in the base OS.
    2. Backup your apps and data.
    3. Wipe your BlackBerry. the recommended method is to connect the BlackBerry to the PC, launch loader.exe, do an alt–shift-del reboot on my BlackBerry, and then proceed to run loader.exe. This enables the nojvm mode of loader.exe, which assumes your BlackBerry has a corrupted or no OS loaded, wipes everything, and installs fresh from the OS folder.
    4. Do NOT install any third party apps (non-OS; stuff like BBM is OK) or restore data in the original load.
    5. After everything boots up and is running, restore your apps and data. Again, it is recommended that you reinstall them from OTAs (either via SD card or online) or App World. The first reboot after installing many apps will take up to 30 minutes.
    There’s two ways you can download this. You can download the full OS, with the extra languages as an additional file. OR, if you still have 706v4 installed in your Loader Files folder, you can download a small update patch. All downloads are in .zips (meaning you’ll need to manually extract them to the OS folder).

If you’d prefer to run OSBB 706v4, it’s still available here.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 03-11-12 at 07:36 PM.
    03-09-12 10:43 AM
    Any chance that update files from V4 can just be injected using BBSAK?
    03-09-12 11:19 AM
    There's always a chance lol, but it'll probably brick you.
    If you try it, I'd recommend you use bb boss and not bbsak, it seems to have less problems injecting cods uin my experience.
    03-09-12 11:23 AM
    Wish I could but I may not be able to take chances until Sunday evening or Monday. Until then its Hybrid Envy all over again.

There's always a chance lol, but it'll probably brick you.
    If you try it, I'd recommend you use bb boss and not bbsak, it seems to have less problems injecting cods uin my experience.
    03-09-12 11:40 AM
    I'll try to get this loaded up this weekend. I'm going to try to load everything, OS & 3rd party apps, from loader.exe. I'll post back the results.
    03-09-12 02:41 PM
    Thanks to Shane as always. Loaded with all my 3rd party apps via Loader with 0 problems.
    03-10-12 08:02 AM
    Strangely, this os will not load up for me. It stays stuck on the blackberry screen with a full bar but never fully boot up to the start screen.
    03-10-12 02:28 PM
    I believe that's a problem caused by newer versions of DM (even if you didn't use DM). Read the instructions given in the OP.
    03-10-12 02:29 PM
    Hi guys and girls,

I got the same problem:
    "The application "Email Setup Library" cannot be loaded because required files are not available.

I deleted the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780M_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248
    and copied the OSBB 706v5 contents to it.
    Running loader gives me that problem.

Already tried uninstalling BB Desktop soft 7 and reinstalling 6. Doesnt help.

Any suggestions?
    03-10-12 03:56 PM
    You downloaded the full version and not the update version correct?
    03-10-12 03:57 PM
    Seems logically that i have update version if its missing this and that.
    How do i get full then?
    ty
    03-10-12 04:04 PM
    Downloading v4 now. If it has to do with that?
    03-10-12 04:06 PM
    Seems logically that i have update version if its missing this and that.
    How do i get full then?
    ty
    The full version is the version that says it's the full version first link on the download page.
    03-10-12 04:24 PM
    ah yes, ofc, now i see, its full i have,
    just my browser wasnt expanded enough and the word full was behind the ad.
    03-10-12 05:01 PM
    ah, here u go, im already further, now i figured that unlike the BL6 install guide says where u have to delete everything in your os folder before u copy contents of the extracted package onto it. But u just copy the contents into it replacing existing ones.
    So after doing this and loading it with loader i am at the screen where the boot never finishes. Sounds familiar.
    03-10-12 06:28 PM
    It appears that a complete wipe is necessary to install this. I tried to install with apps over the existing OS...wouldn't finish booting. Wiped and install with apps went fine!
    03-10-12 07:46 PM
    Request: can people who load this hybrid post the version of DM they're running, and whether or not they were able to include their apps and backup data in the original load successfully? It'd help me advise people on future hybrid installs.
    03-10-12 08:22 PM
    Request: can people who load this hybrid post the version of DM they're running, and whether or not they were able to include their apps and backup data in the original load successfully? It'd help me advise people on future hybrid installs.
    Shane, I used DM ver 7.0.0.43. After wiping, I was able to use loader.exe & load hybrid with 3rd party apps. I then used DM to restore settings.
    03-10-12 09:46 PM
    I installed this hybrid yesterday without wiping my device and with all the data. I used apploader. I had problems with BIS and after about 12 hours and some battery pulls i just injected the cods from the official 6.0.0706. Everything has been running smoothly for me. I think my device likes these hybrids because i always seem to avoid any of the major issues. GREAT JOB!!!! oh yeah i have DM 6.1.036
    03-10-12 11:47 PM
    Hybrid installed easily and is working quite well. Memory stability is terrific; battery is good. In all, another quality release.

For the record, here is my routine for installing these types of hybrids:

1. Delete current BB OS installation files from computer and reinstall fresh copy
    2. Copy hybrid files to BB OS folders as instructed
    3. Shrink BB OS using BBHTool
    4. Backup data using BBDM (my version is 6.1.036)
    5. Backup apps using BBSAK
    6. Wipe device using BBSAK
    7. Install hybrid BB OS (no apps) using AppLoader
    8. After phone reboot, install apps from backup using AppLoader (do not use BBSAK)
    9. Restore data from backup using BBDM
    One more thing for professionals only: Before running AppLoader I open the Windows registry and delete all app listings from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader\Packages (the list is a record of your previous app inventory). This prevents any apps from appearing in AppLoader when you install the BB OS. DISCLAIMER: Editing the Windows registry is not recommended for computer novices!
    03-11-12 08:59 AM
    I don't think the download link is working
    03-11-12 12:22 PM
    Yeah my whole site is down, it's supposed to be unlimited traffic but apparently there was too much bandwidth.
    03-11-12 12:39 PM
    The phone stock in blackberry screen. using base 6.0.0.723 i have not tested on 6.0.0.706
    03-11-12 12:49 PM
    Found a bug, if you downloaded the hybrid before now you should sideload this .cod with bb boss (bbsak might work, but I did it with BB Boss). If you haven't loaded the hybrid but have downloaded it before this post was made, download this file and put it in your OS folder.
    If you haven't downloaded the hybrid before I posted this update, you downloaded the fixed version.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/Temp...pi_browser.cod
    03-11-12 01:01 PM
    the link dont load in my browser O.o??
    03-11-12 03:55 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD