Sounds like the download isn't finishing, I'm not sure why that's happening to some people.
    I'll PM you the Dropbox link.
    02-19-12 08:27 AM
    Platform 4.4.0560
    App Version 7.1.0.267 (3106)

Does that look right for this hybrid?
    02-19-12 08:36 AM
    02-19-12 08:49 AM
    Thanks SCrid2000, I finally get the download work using the latest opera browser, during the process download it stop 6 times, fortunately by using opera it can be resumable whenever the download process stop. Anyway I've done the upgrade yesterday, and yes its so smooth and fast...I really enjoy your hybrid...thanks again. FYI, my device is Bold 9780...
    02-19-12 09:44 AM
    What do I use to backup restore data and apps? Last time I use desktop manager to do full backup data was restored but not apps.
    02-19-12 11:22 AM
    What do I use to backup restore data and apps? Last time I use desktop manager to do full backup data was restored but not apps.
    Google BBSAK or BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. It's what I use to backup & restore 3rd party apps.
    auditman likes this.
    02-19-12 11:26 AM
    BBSAK and Apploader restore apps.

I don't use BBSAK for restoring apps anymore. My apps don't show up in App World if I restore 'em with BBSAK.
    02-19-12 04:31 PM
    BBSAK and Apploader restore apps.

I don't use BBSAK for restoring apps anymore. My apps don't show up in App World if I restore 'em with BBSAK.
    If use BBSAK 'Restore Apps' they don't show up properly. You can use AppLoader, click on the 'More' button & navigate to the BBSAK .alx file & it will list all your 3rd part apps. You can do this after you load the hybrid.
    02-19-12 04:55 PM
    Hey I have a question. I noticed the step by step instructions on how to install the os, and I noticed you prefer to wipe the device with apploader. I find this interesting as I dont like to be totally dependent on bbsak should i not have it handy. Can I get a little more info on that and if its any different then wiping with bbsak? Also, ive heard about people typing /nojvm in apploader to wipe the device as well.
    02-19-12 09:03 PM
    Well tbh and afaik loader.exe does a wipe every time it loads a new OS.
    The advantage of doing it the way I explained (which has the same practical effect as running nojvm from the command line) is that it let's you load the OS entirely fresh, before restoring any apps or data backups.
    02-19-12 09:10 PM
    Oh ok, so basically it would enable you to load your os, and then you would have to manually restore any backups. With you so far. So basically your method (because I'd like to try it) is to launch loader, reboot bb with alt.shift.del, and then run loader? Anything happen in between? Like do I run the loader right after the reboot or do I wait till its done or does it just recognize nojvm automatically similar to debrick on pb? Thanks btw
    Last edited by apengue1; 02-19-12 at 09:25 PM.
    02-19-12 09:22 PM
    That's it.
    Connect your BB, launch loader and hit next - you'll see your pin in the little box.
    Atl-shift-del reset your BlackBerry (some people say do a battery pull, but I think this way is easier) and the pin will disappear from loader.exe.
    As soon as the pin reappears in loader.exe, hit next again and loader will run in nojvm mode.
    Do a backup with Desktop Manager beforehand
    02-19-12 09:24 PM
    Great thanks And then it will basically just reload os installed on pc, having auto wiped it first. By wipe its like a complete wipe with no os installed after wipe? Similar to the bbsak?
    02-19-12 09:32 PM
    Yeah, it wiped to a 507 before it reloads.
    Sometimes if loader is having trouble connecting and/or you're watching closely, you'll see a 507 error when you load a new OS with loader.exe
    02-19-12 09:59 PM
    Great thanks. I read your thread in your sig "hybriding" basics. Great post. There is one thing I do not get. You were talking about the sfi files and how some hybrids ask you load under a certain build.. which makes sense initially if thats the sfi they've built upon, but what about when you get to the point where one would wipe the device? Wouldn't it wipe the sfi as well? Thanks so much for replying to all my questions lol its much appreciated, really. Sorry if im bugging you
    02-19-12 10:11 PM
    The sfi should be wiped, or at least reloaded, if you do an OS reload/update. The sfi, afaict, is much like a kernel. It's installed on your PC when you do the initial OS install, and is the first thing pushed to the phone by loader (followed by cldc cods).
    And you're good man. It's good when people ask questions cuz that usually leads to them making their own hybrids and grows the community
    02-19-12 10:16 PM
    Ohh I see. You mean like i should have that certain build installed on the computer, and then add the hybrid to the install folder, where the sfi is already installed? Granted i delete the other remaining contents except for the sfi, the hybrid should be happy. Is that it? I feel like im close but no cigar.
    02-19-12 11:20 PM
    Yes, that's exactly right.
    Install a base (for 9650 I recommend 6.0.0.706) then go to c:/program files (x86)/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/ and unzip the hybrid into the OS file in there, and select yes to all to overwrite.
    02-19-12 11:24 PM
    Awesome man, thanks for the great info
    02-19-12 11:28 PM
    Just checked - brickbreaker isn't working on the 9670 after hybrid.

Got to office today on Tuesday with PC and loaded the 2 brickbreaker files from original release 706 and all is working again.
    Last edited by estroh; 02-21-12 at 10:51 AM.
    02-20-12 06:42 AM
    Hi All,

I was installaed the latest hybrid and the appworld not work. At start: invalid keycode. Why? Please help.

Thanks
    02-22-12 01:18 AM
    Hi All,

I was installaed the latest hybrid and the appworld not work. At start: invalid keycode. Why? Please help.

Thanks
    Because they included a beta version. Idk why they do that. It never works. Delete it & get AppWorld from BB mobile.
    02-22-12 06:18 AM
    You need a serial from the BlackBerry beta zone to run that App World.
    Download the official version from BlackBerry.com:appworld
    02-22-12 08:17 AM
    Thanks, app world work again and this hybrid very good! The sound extremly best
    02-22-12 10:12 AM
    This is completely random, over the past fews I've become a hybrid junkie. I look for to new builds like its a Christmas present (lol) I said all to say this, I originally loaded this hybrid over 719 and it ran very build. A fews days I loaded it over 706 and wow what a differnce. I'm blown away at my phones performance. Awesome job!!!
    02-23-12 12:10 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD