Since yesterday saw the drop of OS 7.1.0.267, today the OSBB Team is presenting you with OSBB 706v4. This hybrid is mostly made up of 6.0.0.723 and 7.1.0.267 files, with a smattering of other OS files for stability/bug fixes. A System Read can be downloaded from here for those interested.
    I recommend installing this build over 6.0.0.706, but it should work over 6.0.0.719 or 6.0.0.723 as well. It has only been tested on a 9650 over 6.0.0.706.

A word of warning: for some reason, this build (like OSBB 706v3) doesn’t like to be loaded with all apps and data restored. I don’t have time to reload the OS over and over to identify the issue when the fix is as simple as not restoring all your apps and data right away.

I'm recommending that you backup and wipe your BlackBerry prior to loading the OS, and do not include backed up data or apps in the initial load.

For anyone with any questions, I gave fairly specific instruction on the OSBB Post.

Some people have had no problems just running loader.exe as normal, or have fixed boot issues by booting into safe mode after the initial load. The steps I gave are mainly intended for people who are having or don’t want to risk having problems loading the OS.

So far this hybrid is extremely smooth; seriously, it seems smoother than any previous OS. Initial battery results seem better than 706v3 (maybe not as good as 706v2.5), but it’s still too early to be very sure.

If you have any questions, just post them and you’ll get an answer
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 02-17-12 at 10:53 AM.
    02-17-12 10:49 AM
    Also, if anyone wants to create a mirror or a torrent download, just post it. If I notice it or you PM me, I'll include it in the OP.
    02-17-12 10:54 AM
    WooHoo! Downloading now. Will install over .719 and then restore apps then settings, as recommended.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    02-17-12 10:55 AM
    great hybrid works amazingly
    02-17-12 12:05 PM
    Loaded on my 9650 OS .719 without apps or settings. Booted fine. Reloaded apps then settings...no problems.
    02-17-12 12:20 PM
    OK, I'm getting jealous for my Blackberry Style 9670. Following the tutorial that you posted since everyone is happy so far(does Brickbreaker work?). Then I am now restoring the apps and data from Device Switch that I saved first.

What is Quincy and how di I get rid of it?

Loaded on my 9650 OS .719 without apps or settings. Booted fine. Reloaded apps then settings...no problems.
    02-17-12 12:34 PM
    Brickbreaker should work.
    Quincy is UMA, it only works on TMo afaik. You can just uninstall it from your BlackBerry options.
    02-17-12 12:36 PM
    Thanks. so far loading.

I didn't see Quincy in my Blackberry Desktop applications.
    I see 5 filse that has quincy in its name. I guess I can delete them using BBSAK.

Whats the file implus?

Quincy is UMA, it only works on TMo afaik. You can just uninstall it from your BlackBerry options.
    02-17-12 12:50 PM
    link dont work please reload !!!
    02-17-12 01:45 PM
    Thanks. so far loading.

I see 5 filse that has quincy in its name. I guess I can delete them using BBSAK.

Whats the file implus?
    Where are you seeing implus?
    link dont work please reload !!!
    It's working here...
    02-17-12 01:51 PM
    I followed the "specific instructions" on your site and it installed flawlessly. What a relief after the last one! Right now, still working on getting everything restored/redownloaded.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    02-17-12 03:53 PM
    I have to upgrade, again. Great.
    Too bad my niece won't let me use the computer to do so.
    02-17-12 04:31 PM
    is that work for 9700?
    02-17-12 05:59 PM
    is that work for 9700?
    It should work for any OS 6 device.
    02-17-12 07:19 PM
    I load this hybrid over 719 without doing the wipe (as I didnt have issues with v703) using app loader. Everything loaded fine and things are running great. Great job again guys.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    02-17-12 08:31 PM
    OK, I'm getting jealous for my Blackberry Style 9670. Following the tutorial that you posted since everyone is happy so far(does Brickbreaker work?). Then I am now restoring the apps and data from Device Switch that I saved first.

What is Quincy and how di I get rid of it?
    Thanks. so far loading.

Whats the file implus?

It's working here...
    I believe Quincy is a forensic app for troubleshooting problems during test builds (a bit like escreens). I don't think it is carrier or radio specific. It can be removed without concern.

the implus cod you're seeing is necessary for regular OS operation. It is not the IM+ app. It is net_rim_bb_implus_app.cod.
    02-17-12 09:03 PM
    My experience with this build:
    Workin' like a champ. It picks up on local WiFi hot spots faster than before, battery is decent, browser's still finicky (To be honest, the browser has always been that way due to the hardware specs. It's still better than the previous builds I've used.), everything else is running smoothly.

I'll report on any issues if I see any.

When I installed this hybrid using AppLoader, I made sure it booted into safe mode when it was restoring the apps. That way I didn't have any problems if it didn't fully boot up.

02-18-12 12:20 AM
    I cannot download the zip file, it seem tru the half way it will done...try many times same things happen...is there any mirror to download the files...thanks
    02-18-12 04:34 AM
    In the JAVA directory as 1 file, not as an app.

I'm not at work so I can't look into it until Tuesday. Took a chance loading before the weekend, but that's how "Hybrid envy" works for me.

so far its running smooth and great.

It's working here...
    02-18-12 04:45 AM
    I have to upgrade, again. Great.
    Too bad my niece won't let me use the computer to do so.
    Haha! Sorry, I hate upgrading too
    is that work for 9700?
    It should, I haven't personally tested in on the 9700 but there's no reason it shouldn't.
    I believe Quincy is a forensic app for troubleshooting problems during test builds (a bit like escreens). I don't think it is carrier or radio specific. It can be removed without concern.

the implus cod you're seeing is necessary for regular OS operation. It is not the IM+ app. It is net_rim_bb_implus_app.cod.
    Exactly right, I misspoke. Thanks Leigh
    I don't personally install quincy, bug report, or battery log, but they're kinda cool leaked RIM development apps so I keep them in the hybrids. You can easily choose not to install them when you install the OS.
    I cannot download the zip file, it seem tru the half way it will done...try many times same things happen...is there any mirror to download the files...thanks
    PM me and I'll get you a dropbox link.
    In the JAVA directory as 1 file, not as an app.

I'm not at work so I can't look into it until Tuesday. Took a chance loading before the weekend, but that's how "Hybrid envy" works for me.

so far its running smooth and great.
    Ah gotcha. Yeah, that's just a part of the OS. TBH, I'm not completely sure what it governs, but as Leigh said it is needed.
    mamatz likes this.
    02-18-12 10:43 AM
    I loaded the build after a full wipe.

Its works great, speed wise its one of the better hybrids out there. Im having some issues though with some apps.
    Some 3rd party apps like Whatsapp or Screen Muncher that worked flawlessly in other hybrid simply refuse to work with this one, Ive reinstalled and several times but nothing, once I click the Icon the blackberry freezes.

Anyone having similar issues? Any tips to make these work?
    02-18-12 01:05 PM
    I don't use those apps...
    Try launching them and then using bbsak to get a system read.
    02-18-12 02:23 PM
    I loaded the build after a full wipe.

Its works great, speed wise its one of the better hybrids out there. Im having some issues though with some apps.
    Some 3rd party apps like Whatsapp or Screen Muncher that worked flawlessly in other hybrid simply refuse to work with this one, Ive reinstalled and several times but nothing, once I click the Icon the blackberry freezes.

Anyone having similar issues? Any tips to make these work?
    I use WhatsApp & it works fine with this build, as it has with all the others. Don't know why you'd have issues. Maybe try deleting WhatsApp & reinstalling it again...?
    02-18-12 02:30 PM
    I use WhatsApp & it works fine with this build, as it has with all the others. Don't know why you'd have issues. Maybe try deleting WhatsApp & reinstalling it again...?
    Odd..., Yeah Ive deleted it and restarted it like 3 times already, once it finally loaded and it got stuck in the part where you have to put your number.

Well, maybe its just my phone being stupid, Ill try again after a few battery pulls.

But nevertheless, great build
    02-18-12 03:25 PM
    for some reason winrar is having problems extracting this file,anyone have any ideas how to help
    02-19-12 07:59 AM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD