Hey Everyone,

I'm brand-new to the world of 'Hybrid BB OS'. In fact, I just found out today that custom ' hybrid' ROMs for the BBs even existed.

I have a slow Sprint Blackberry Curve 9330, running OS 6.0.0.522 Platform 4.4.0.434.

I'm thinking about installing this ROM...any suggestions or advice?

Do I lose any functionality by moving to this 'Hybrid ROM'?

Thank you!!

BJ

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    10-11-11 01:04 AM
    I'm having a serious problem, after installing this firmware, my Blackberry Style most of the time won't open any messages, new or old. I also cannot see my user name when I try to input it into the Facebook app, and when I do, it says I put in the wrong user-name and password. This is the first hybrid I ran, I think I made a big mistake, because Boost Mobile doesn't offer a stock firmware for the Blackberry Style so there's no way to revert properly.
    10-11-11 08:15 AM
    I'm having a serious problem, after installing this firmware, my Blackberry Style most of the time won't open any messages, new or old. I also cannot see my user name when I try to input it into the Facebook app, and when I do, it says I put in the wrong user-name and password. This is the first hybrid I ran, I think I made a big mistake, because Boost Mobile doesn't offer a stock firmware for the Blackberry Style so there's no way to revert properly.
    It certainly wasn't a mistake loading a hybrid. A hybrid is really just a remixed collection of OS files. The difference is that a carrier hasn't released it. The files are still written by RIM.

If you want to revert, the easiest way is to connect your device to DM and click on UPDATE. DM will find the released OS for your device. Let it wipe and reload. If DM doesn't see any updates, tell it to look for other versions. If there's something out there for your phone, DM will find it.
    Last edited by Underway99; 10-11-11 at 02:36 PM.
    10-11-11 10:06 AM
    Boost has .522 for BlackBerry Style
    10-11-11 12:01 PM
    What we need is alist of Carriers that have the 9650 device, In the US we know VZ and Sprint both retiring the device so we won't be seeing a new radio file along with newer CODs. Maybe if we search the other carriers of 9650 we might get lucky with some newer stuff
    10-11-11 12:08 PM
    What we need is alist of Carriers that have the 9650 device, In the US we know VZ and Sprint both retiring the device so we won't be seeing a new radio file along with newer CODs. Maybe if we search the other carriers of 9650 we might get lucky with some newer stuff
    This is done on an almost daily basis, just in case one happens to pop up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 12:40 PM
    Got the dreaded BSOD twice with 8.5 over the weekend. Loaded v9 today and I have already had one BSOD. Loaded both it over 587 so not sure why I am still getting them. Going back to the base 587 if it continues on my 9650. Any ideas?

Thanks for all of your work on the hybrids though. I can definitely see a speed increase over the base OS.
    10-11-11 01:46 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I'm a brand-new n00be to Hybrid OS's for Blackberry's...but I come from the world of Android Rooting, WebOS HomeBrew and iPhone Jail-breaking.

Ok, I followed all of the instructions perfectly (or at least I think I did) and everything seems to be going ok, with one exception. The OS is however, working super fast and it looks very clean.

The only thing I noticed right out of the gate, is that when I try to type or input anything via the Blackeberry Keyboard, for the most part it won't show up on the screen.

So for example, if I pull up the GMail App and I try to 'Sign-in', I position the cursor in the fields...then when I type something, nothing shows up.

I then get the following error: 'Input system error. The system is being restarted'.

I'm running a Blackberry Curve 9330 and yes, I made sure to install the specific Blackberry Curve 3G patch for it as well.

It seems to be affecting almost everything that has to do with typing. At this point, I cannot even send text messages because I get the same error.

However, for some reason, it does let me type in order to make outgoing phone calls

By the way, this is what I'm using as my base: '9330AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel2426_PL4.4.0.434_A6.0.0.522_ Sprint_L.P.exe'

Did I use the wrong base OS? Did I install the wrong Hybrid version? Should I be using OSBBv8?

Not sure where to go from here.

As far as the instructions I followed...

1. - Installed the BASE OS, so that there is the Base Folder in the specific path as needed.

2. - Installed Hybrid OSBB600v9 (Option 1 in the installer) to the Base OS Folder

3. - Installed the Option in your installer for the Extra Fonts & Media Stuff to the Base OS Folder

4. - Installed the last option (Patch for Blackberry Curve 3G) also into the Base OS Folder

5. - Then I used BBSAK to 587 Wipe the Blackberry Curve

6. - Then I used AppLoader to load the Hybrid.

I have done this 3 times already and still have the same issue. I have also performed several 'Battery Pulls'.

Let me know what you guys think when you have a quick moment.

Thanks,

BJ

10-12-11 11:57 AM
    Hey Everyone,

I'm a brand-new n00be to Hybrid OS's for Blackberry's...but I come from the world of Android Rooting, WebOS HomeBrew and iPhone Jail-breaking.

Ok, I followed all of the instructions perfectly (or at least I think I did) and everything seems to be going ok, with one exception. The OS is however, working super fast and it looks very clean.

The only thing I noticed right out of the gate, is that when I try to type or input anything via the Blackeberry Keyboard, for the most part it won't show up on the screen.

So for example, if I pull up the GMail App and I try to 'Sign-in', I position the cursor in the fields...then when I type something, nothing shows up.

I then get the following error: 'Input system error. The system is being restarted'.

I'm running a Blackberry Curve 9330 and yes, I made sure to install the specific Blackberry Curve 3G patch for it as well.

It seems to be affecting almost everything that has to do with typing. At this point, I cannot even send text messages because I get the same error.

However, for some reason, it does let me type in order to make outgoing phone calls

By the way, this is what I'm using as my base: '9330AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel2426_PL4.4.0.434_A6.0.0.522_ Sprint_L.P.exe'

Did I use the wrong base OS? Did I install the wrong Hybrid version? Should I be using OSBBv8?

Not sure where to go from here.

As far as the instructions I followed...

1. - Installed the BASE OS, so that there is the Base Folder in the specific path as needed.

2. - Installed Hybrid OSBB600v9 (Option 1 in the installer) to the Base OS Folder

3. - Installed the Option in your installer for the Extra Fonts & Media Stuff to the Base OS Folder

4. - Installed the last option (Patch for Blackberry Curve 3G) also into the Base OS Folder

5. - Then I used BBSAK to 587 Wipe the Blackberry Curve

6. - Then I used AppLoader to load the Hybrid.

I have done this 3 times already and still have the same issue. I have also performed several 'Battery Pulls'.

Let me know what you guys think when you have a quick moment.

Thanks,

BJ

Did you delete the VENDOR.XML files?
    10-12-11 01:51 PM
    Yes Sir...
    10-12-11 03:13 PM
    anyone having an issue with texting a message over 160 it just sends mine as blank
    10-12-11 03:48 PM
    OK, n00be question:

I'm starting over with this whole process with a new/different BASE. I'm trying to install via AppLoader, but I think there is still a vendor file somewhere, because it's not showing me the BB OS.

Other than this path:

'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader'

Where else can those vendor files be hiding at?

Thanks!

BJ
    10-12-11 06:16 PM
    OK, n00be question:

I'm starting over with this whole process with a new/different BASE. I'm trying to install via AppLoader, but I think there is still a vendor file somewhere, because it's not showing me the BB OS.

Other than this path:

'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader'

Where else can those vendor files be hiding at?

Thanks!

BJ
    You'll have to set Windows to show hidden files and folders. Then look for VENDOR.XML at these THREE locations.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\

C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\

C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\

Delete all three copies and then start the load process.
    estroh, biggjoe and LMaks like this.
    10-12-11 06:37 PM
    That was it. Thank you!!!
    10-12-11 07:53 PM
    Well folks just chekcing in to see how the new OSBB hubrid is working for you guys. I know Scrid and company have done quite a bit of testing and added some file system structures updates from previous versions. I am running a mix of the 8.5 and 9.0 hybrid myself, I didn't like the 668 files that much, my VZ theme was working way better on 666 over 600 radio so I a 666 with 440 over 600 radio plus a bunch of other files to make everything work. Those files were identified by OSBB team. It is running pretty good battery is great web seems to be working nicely when we didn't have the BB outage. Just curious to see how this V 9 is doing for folks compared to 666 Hybrid?
    10-12-11 08:36 PM
    For those who might want to test this hybrid, here are the files needed

net_rim_bb_ribbon_app 6.0.0.522
    net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_toolkit_480x360_9650_01 6.0.0.600
    net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_ringtones_480x360_05_b 6.0.0.600
    net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_backgrounds_480x360_05_b 6.0.0.600
    net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_480x360_05_b 6.0.0.600
    net_rim_theme_verizon_BlackBerry6_480x360_b 6.0.0.600
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_music_480x360_05_b 6.0.0.600
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_video_480x360_05_b 6.0.0.600
    net_rim_bb_browser_olympia 6.0.0.615
    net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b_01 6.0.0.615
    net_rim_vad_engine_resource__en_US 6.0.0.615
    net_rim_vad_resource__en 6.0.0.615
    net_rim_vad_resource 6.0.0.615
    net_rim_vad 6.0.0.615
    net_rim_bis_lib 7.0.0.317

net_rim_font_courier 7.0.0.440
    net_rim_font_arial 7.0.0.440
    net_rim_font_european_sff 7.0.0.440
    net_rim_bb_standardcalculator_app 7.0.0.440
    net_rim_font_times 7.0.0.440
    net_rim_font_tahoma 7.0.0.440
    net_rim_font_misc 7.0.0.440
    net_rim_font_georgia 7.0.0.440

and there versions ... I left the 6.x files at 666 and the older 7.x files were updated to 440. So if anyone want to test / compare performance to their current device you have what you need

Thanks again to the OSBB team for the great BASE hybrids that I am just tweaking a little Credit goes to the OSBB team SCRID BlackScorp and company
    10-12-11 08:48 PM
    Thank you!
    10-12-11 11:03 PM
    i cant for the life of me get my style to recognize this update. i installed the 578 for the 9650 and then ran the hybrid installer choosing option number 1. it completed and then i ran the style patch. i then click on loader.exe and it tells me there is no action required. i did delete the vendor.xml file. what am i doing wrong?
    10-13-11 07:09 PM
    i installed this update yesterday and i thought everything was good, however, now my ear piece doesn't work. the phone works fine on speaker but i can't hear anything out of the ear piece. is there anything i can try or should i just reinstall and hope for the best?
    10-13-11 09:49 PM
    i cant for the life of me get my style to recognize this update. i installed the 578 for the 9650 and then ran the hybrid installer choosing option number 1. it completed and then i ran the style patch. i then click on loader.exe and it tells me there is no action required. i did delete the vendor.xml file. what am i doing wrong?
    I don't have a Style, but I think you're supposed to run the patch BEFORE you install the OS. Wipe & try again.

10-13-11 09:57 PM
    I don't have a Style, but I think you're supposed to run the patch BEFORE you install the OS. Wipe & try again.

No....first you need to delete the 9650 os from your computer, you need to use the correct OS for the 9670, like 6.0.0.600 from gci

Intstall the style os to your computer, delete the vendor files....run the hybrid to the correct java folder, you have to browse to find it....then run the 9670 patch....then install with apploader

10-14-11 01:46 AM
    No....first you need to delete the 9650 os from your computer, you need to use the correct OS for the 9670, like 6.0.0.600 from gci

Intstall the style os to your computer, delete the vendor files....run the hybrid to the correct java folder, you have to browse to find it....then run the 9670 patch....then install with apploader

ill give it a shot. thanks everyone
    10-14-11 04:35 PM
    ill give it a shot. thanks everyone
    Yea, the base OS you install the hybrid over needs to be the correct OS for your phone, 9650 OS only works on the 9650! You'll need the version for the 9670 if you want to install it on a 9670....same with the 9330, needs the appropriate 9330 base OS!

10-14-11 10:40 PM
    Many ppl mention that it's necessary to wipe by BBSAK before installing hybrids. However, the wiping doesn't matter in fact?

10-14-11 10:42 PM
    Many ppl mention that it's necessary to wipe by BBSAK before installing hybrids. However, the wiping doesn't matter in fact?

You are correct. It won't hurt to wipe your device before you load the OS, but it's not necessary. AppLoader wipes as part of its loading process.

Make sure you make a backup with DM before you wipe anything. If you wipe before you load the new OS, then there won't be anything for AppLoader to backup and restore.
    10-14-11 10:58 PM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD