Sorry for the wait everyone. Here's OSBB 600v9.
    This release contains a hybrid built for the 9650, with patches in the installer for the 9670 and 9330.

Instructions:
    1. Download the hybrid you want.
    2. Install it to the OS folder of the OS you want to use as a base. (600 or 587 for 9650 or 9670, and 663 for 9330).

If you're running OSBB 600v8 or older (or an official OS), download OSBB 600v9

If you're running OSBB 600v8.5, download 600v9 update from 600v8.5

And if you want to install newer versions of the extra fonts and media that were shrunk out of the previous versions, download it here: 600v9 Extra Fonts and Media

If you have problems with this build, there's two cods which some have reported issues with. Known working versions of these cods can be downloaded at Patch Files.
    Just download that and install with BBSAK/BBBoss/BBMCP/etc if you have issues.

Enjoy everyone.
    10-09-11 05:55 PM
    WooHoo! Give this a try tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 05:59 PM
    I personally was getting better battery life on 600V8 so I downgraded to that, but others have reported better battery life on this.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    estroh and venus611 like this.
    10-09-11 06:31 PM
    For the life of me i cant get this one to load after all the other hybrids Ive loaded from you Scrid, I'll just wait for version 9.5 lol
    10-09-11 07:15 PM
    Bricked my phone.
    10-09-11 07:46 PM
    Did you mean v8.5 or v8?

I personally was getting better battery life on 600V8 so I downgraded to that, but others have reported better battery life on this.

10-09-11 08:09 PM
    I'm on my 3rd battery pull (1 right after initial install, 1 right after BES is re-established, and 1 after complete inputting all my EULA's) and so far, everything looks good. No problems here - very smooth install....
    10-09-11 09:25 PM
    Official .666 or .668 already out?? Or not yet?? The Japanese input system still doesn't work on the hybrid. I think it's the problem related to the combination of .sfi file and other newer files. I wanna try the latest radio file.
    10-09-11 09:39 PM
    Official .666 or .668 already out?? Or not yet?? The Japanese input system still doesn't work on the hybrid. I think it's the problem related to the combination of .sfi file and other newer files. I wanna try the latest radio file.

Not for us yet.

Sent from my OSBB 9650 using Tapatalk
    10-09-11 09:41 PM
    First off, running great since I upgraded to v9 last night.

One issue still remains, and it is the same as I contacted you about a couple of days ago Scrid. Still not a major issue, but wondering if I need to try and keep the original .587 COD? Any other ideas what is causing it? Only since v8 has this happened.

And, for everybody else, anybody else seeing a box in their notifications ribbon instead of a + when their battery or signal or anything exceeds 99? Image attached to demonstrate.

Any help appreciated - more a "kind of bugs me" sort of thing, not a deal breaker.

Thanks

10-10-11 06:45 AM

Yes with battery being better on v8 or v8.5. Was 6.1-6.2 d/h with the v8 series. Now 8.1 d/h. Readings taken w/ tiny meter.
    But, I think this is smoother and quicker. I am going to give it a couple days and see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

UPDATE ON BATTERY: Well, I loaded 439 files in place of 440 to see if it made any change in the battery. Slightly better w/439, but lag opening some apps. So back in with 440's and guess what? Battery is now better than v8. -4.9% two days. Only difference was I did a wipe before installing 439 since I messed it up playing with other files.
    Last edited by 69goat; 10-16-11 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Update
    10-10-11 07:22 AM
    Blackfeet, did you try the http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/Blac...ch%20files.zip that SCrid posted? I am still using the 522 ribbon_app and the 668 omadmlib.
    10-10-11 08:21 AM
    Loaded up with no problems at all....I installed it last night so I will see how it is over the next few days!

Thanks!
    10-10-11 08:47 AM
    Blackfeet, did you try the http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610464/Blac...ch%20files.zip that SCrid posted? I am still using the 522 ribbon_app and the 668 omadmlib.
    Yes and No. Scrid sent me the 522 ribbon_app, but I can not get me 9650 to connect to BBSAK or MCP, and I could not get Fish Loader to work. Not sure at all what I was doing wrong with FishLoader, but it error'd every time.

I am on a different notebook today (at work), so maybe I'll try it again....

Thanks...
    10-10-11 10:14 AM
    loaded up but didn't bring old messages or those service books.

When I resent the service books the old messages showed up.

Reloaded Sprint Navigation, Poynt, Google Maps and Search.

Medscape is acting wierd - saying not enough internal memory to load and loaded to sd card. I can live with that.

Doing another battery pull.

Running the OSBB 600v9 Hybrid over the 6.0.0.587
    Last edited by estroh; 10-10-11 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Update
    10-10-11 10:32 AM
    Just a followup report - no joy. I downloaded BBSAK and installed it, connected up my 'Berry, and it worked. No problems, for once, with BBSAK. Selected up the two COD's in the zip above (thanks again for that, BTW), rebooted the phone, and then rebooted it again (deToday got a little jacked up - sometimes happens when rebooted just after a new install), and once I hit 100% on the battery - as indicated by MeterBerry - that gosh darned ugly box was back.

Now, all this being said, this is not a huge deal. As soon as I lose 1% of the battery, the box is gone. I thought it might just be the app - BatteryEx - but when I changed MeterBerry from displaying the Temp to displaying the Battery, there was the box, now displayed with BOTH BatteryEx and MeterBerry. Not sure what else to do, so I'll just live with it, for the 15 minutes or so it takes to drop the 1%. I'd love to figure it out, as things that don't make sense tend to bug me, but in this case, I am not a programmer, so...

Thanks for the assist...
    10-10-11 11:16 AM
    Anybody ever have issues restoring their BBM contacts by email and getting an error message back saying that your email isn't valid? I can't get my BBM contacts back! Ahhh!

Thanks.
    10-10-11 12:10 PM
    Anybody ever have issues restoring their BBM contacts by email and getting an error message back saying that your email isn't valid? I can't get my BBM contacts back! Ahhh!

Thanks.
    I have my contacts backed up to my media card. When I try to restore the contacts, the card is not an available option. Is this because of the hybrid or a new "feature" of BBM?

10-10-11 01:35 PM
    Can you access the media card through media?

If not, take out and re-insert the media card so it is recognized. If that doesnt work try a soft reset (sometimes helps anyway).

I have my contacts backed up to my media card. When I try to restore the contacts, the card is not an available option. Is this because of the hybrid or a new "feature" of BBM?

10-10-11 02:10 PM
    Can you access the media card through media?

If not, take out and re-insert the media card so it is recognized. If that doesnt work try a soft reset (sometimes helps anyway).
    Turns out, I needed to drill to the media card by clicking the Up arrow repeatedly until the default BBM restore path got down to the root. From there, Media Card was an option and my contacts showed as available.

Whew!
    10-10-11 02:23 PM
    Haha, yup. But....what about invalid email addresses that are actually valid? I've never come across this before until this hybrid. It goes to send a verification email to my address and then says that it's invalid (clearly, it's not.)

I will learn from this and backup periodically on my media card.

**Update**

Less than a minute after posting, I just tried again for 20th time, for the **** of it. And it restored just fine. So weird. The hybrid has been installed for over a day, plenty of resets. Well, done complaining!!
    Last edited by 2Big2Strong2Fast; 10-10-11 at 03:10 PM.
    10-10-11 03:07 PM
    I had issue with BBM. I could not see icon in the tray. Went to Option and looked if the BBM app was installed. It showed that the app and cods were there. Tried to restore bbm messenger contacts with DM and it was greyed out. What a fix.

Thought appworld would help resolve it. Went to get support after selecting BBM. It enabled downgrade to version 129 (130 installed with OSBB V9). 129 install barfed saying exception with a few icons. Went ahead and reset the bold. Valla, BBM was installed and I could see icon. Tried to restore the contacts from backup with DM, it worked. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Thanks.
    10-10-11 07:35 PM
    I had issue with BBM. I could not see icon in the tray. Went to Option and looked if the BBM app was installed. It showed that the app and cods were there. Tried to restore bbm messenger contacts with DM and it was greyed out. What a fix.

Thought appworld would help resolve it. Went to get support after selecting BBM. It enabled downgrade to version 129 (130 installed with OSBB V9). 129 install barfed saying exception with a few icons. Went ahead and reset the bold. Valla, BBM was installed and I could see icon. Tried to restore the contacts from backup with DM, it worked. Hope that helps. Good luck.
    I had the exact same problem, with the exact same solution. I even got the exception error popup. Running OK now.

One question - has anybody else seen a drop in battery performance? It seems I am burning battery juice almost twice as fast as with v8, which was a shade better than 8.5. Tomorrow will be the acid test for me - I am on duty, and always spend a lot of time on the phone and exchange plenty of SMS and email messages.
    10-10-11 10:18 PM
    loaded up but didn't bring old messages or those service books.

When I resent the service books the old messages showed up.

Reloaded Sprint Navigation, Poynt, Google Maps and Search.

Medscape is acting wierd - saying not enough internal memory to load and loaded to sd card. I can live with that.

Doing another battery pull.

Running the OSBB 600v9 Hybrid over the 6.0.0.587
    hi estroh i was wondering if your brick breaker worked with v8? I was thinking maybe the 7.0 version was not compatible with style but if yours is working then i need to go in another direction as to why i get java.lang,error when i try to play it. Its late for me now but i am going to go with this v9 tomorrow,i was very pleased with v8
    10-10-11 10:50 PM
    BrickBreaker not working.

I havent used it in a few versions, maybe someone can post the cod's of a working version?

hi estroh i was wondering if your brick breaker worked with v8? I was thinking maybe the 7.0 version was not compatible with style but if yours is working then i need to go in another direction as to why i get java.lang,error when i try to play it. Its late for me now but i am going to go with this v9 tomorrow,i was very pleased with v8
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    10-10-11 11:27 PM
114 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD