Hi, what is the general opinion on the various camera scene modes? I usually just leave mine on Auto because I've never noticed too much difference between the modes under various conditions. I'd love to get other people's thoughts on scene modes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    09-09-12 07:44 AM
    I change mine all the time. Party for parties. Night for dark room shots and mainly because I take a lot of pics outside I put it on landscape. I was recently at the aquarium and couldn't get a good pic of a penguin because he was swimming too fast for auto. I switched to sports and it was much better.

I rarely use auto anymore after I see what the scene modes can do for a picture.

Auto always gave me an orange/yellow ish tint to indoor pics especially with the flash.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-09-12 08:45 AM
    auto is for people who don't want to think about the settings. There is nothing wrong with it but if ou take the time to learn and use the different scenes your pictures will be better.
    09-09-12 08:49 AM
    Specific settings are much better. I take a lot of close up shots indoors, so either the close up or the party setting takes a sharper, more vivid picture than auto.
    09-09-12 11:27 AM
    I had to set mine to Sports + flash during parties as people are moving constantly, and the flash in Party mode seems a bit too harsh and overexposes my shots.
    09-09-12 11:51 AM
    I've used landscape and/or beach for outdoors and some other modes for appropriate conditions but have mostly just left it on auto as many of the photos I take are so spur of the moment that I really haven't had the time to decide on a mode!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    09-09-12 01:31 PM
    Today I climbed a huge rock with a friend. Used auto to take a pic and because the sun was behind her I couldn't get the image of the tree tops to look anything but black. Changed it to beach mode and it made it come out a ton better.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    09-10-12 11:45 PM
    thanks for explaining the yellow tinge and look of over exposure when using auto! never knew what the types meant. but my white cat kept looking yellowish!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-16-12 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD