I have been reading a lot of people complain about how it takes multiple clicks to open the tray.

When on your home screen and you want to open the tray, simply pretend your trackpad is a touch screen and swipe quickly down. It will open the tray regardless of what is highlighted on the screen.

Any other tips?
    11-03-10 06:49 AM
    double tap of the bb key does the same thing!

next?
    11-03-10 07:32 AM
    The Red button takes you back to the "All" tray, if you have swiped away from it into any of the other trays.

(I am stealing this from someone else on this board, but can't give credit since I don't remember where I found it)

Pressing and holding the trackpad brings up a menu from almost any native OS screen.
    11-03-10 09:35 AM
    Is there a shortcut for SMS?
    11-03-10 01:50 PM
    The Red button takes you back to the "All" tray, if you have swiped away from it into any of the other trays.

(I am stealing this from someone else on this board, but can't give credit since I don't remember where I found it)

Pressing and holding the trackpad brings up a menu from almost any native OS screen.
    Good one none the less!

Also swiping works left and right through the different tabs

BB button- Options from home screen allows You to set 1, 2 or zero rows if icons.

Options in Browser there is a setting to bring back keyboard shortcuts

"w" in browser brings up the tab-switcher (for browser pages)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 02:01 PM
    Is there a shortcut for SMS?
    Idk if anyone else has noticed, but when I'm scrolling thru my sms in the messages app, if I swipe quickly to the left on the trackpad it moves to another convo.

But it only does it SOMETIMES :/ am I doinh something wrong? :/ how do we make the gestures work?

11-03-10 02:10 PM
    You can scroll up to the message bar area or what ever it's called above the wallpaper picture. Click on the message area it brings up messages and calendar entries view.

Same location as above but scroll to the left and you can go right into the profile change area.

Scroll to the right and you can go to search.

Scroll all of the way to the very top where the time of day is and click and it takes you to manage connections and alarm and the clock.
    11-03-10 02:31 PM
    They've hid the App center pretty deep, but it's also pretty detailed. If you need to change permissions you can find it here.

Options-Device-Application Management
    11-03-10 02:36 PM
    In the browser (not sure about elsewhere) you can hit "shift" then use the trackpad to select text. Click the pad and it brings up the "cancel selection/ copy/ bb menu" box.

Long click the trackpad in a text field for context sensitive options. For example in this box there is an option to "clear field" and in bbm/sms there is an "attatch" option. Thanks kirrill for pointing out the long clicks.

Thanks for the hints, everyone!

11-03-10 03:49 PM
    Not so much a tip, more of a hint, when scrolling between tabs, make LONG swipes, otherwise it does not swipe (to prevent accidental swiping I guess)

Also, dail any number with universal search enabled, and press green. No problems. Hold the ALT key to dail things like 1-800-BESTBUY etc ...

ALSO:

Whilest in the browser (and possibly other apps), hold down the ALT key and move the trackpad up and down to zoom in and out!!
    Last edited by elmorro; 11-03-10 at 07:11 PM.
    11-03-10 06:03 PM
    In Options.

If You do not want to go all the way to for example Device->Advanced Options-Service books

Just start typing (in the options screen) for example "service" then all the submenus will appear accordingly
    11-04-10 06:24 AM
    If you wish to see more of your wallpapar. Highlight for example the "all" tab and hit the BB button, then options, Number of Icons Rows set to NO ICONS....hit SAVE and voila you have a hidden tab bar.
    Igokuzman likes this.
    11-06-10 01:38 PM
    to see the cursor while in the SMS/email screen just hit the "Shift" button and it will appear don't know if its supposed to work that way....hope that helps
    Last edited by marlon22701; 11-06-10 at 03:06 PM.
    11-06-10 02:57 PM
    You can now delete applications from Home Screen by highlighting icon, choosing Blackberry button, andhitting "Delete"
    11-06-10 03:38 PM
    If you wish to see more of your wallpapar. Highlight for example the "all" tab and hit the BB button, then options, Number of Icons Rows set to NO ICONS....hit SAVE and voila you have a hidden tab bar.
    Yup, I was stoked when I found this one I love OS6, but it takes up too much screen real estate.
    11-06-10 07:08 PM
    Anyone else notice how, when going through email, the N and P shortcuts now do the opposite of what they used to??? Is that not driving yall crazy

11-07-10 05:51 PM
    Curious if there is a quick way to scroll a page width sideways. Using the trackpad can be a pain on wide pages.
    11-07-10 06:51 PM
    Curious if there is a quick way to scroll a page width sideways. Using the trackpad can be a pain on wide pages.
    it used to be alt + trackball/pad sideways...now that just zooms...but so does alt + trackball/pad up and down, so they could easily switch
    11-07-10 06:53 PM
    I have been reading a lot of people complain about how it takes multiple clicks to open the tray.

When on your home screen and you want to open the tray, simply pretend your trackpad is a touch screen and swipe quickly down. It will open the tray regardless of what is highlighted on the screen.

Any other tips?
    *grumbles* This forces me to make this a habit. I miss pressing the menu button to do that.
    11-23-10 12:08 PM
    thank you, thank you...
    04-28-13 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD