In case guys never go to the main page. Youtube video on the webkit browser.

Wanna get a better look at the BlackBerry WebKit browser? See it in action! [video] | CrackBerry.com

Video comparison by one of the stormer on iphone4
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-10-10 at 05:28 PM.
    07-10-10 05:13 PM
    ...Forget about storm3, it will never be out this year i think. ...
    Storm 3 will be out in November.
    Mark this post so I can say "I told you so."
    07-10-10 09:45 PM
    You are not just telling me but you are telling everyone in the forum that you are so sure about that. What make you so sure?

I hope your storm3 is not the 9800.

No offence.

I read somewhere in the forum about a guy betting with another about phone release in June? He too was SO CONFIDENT, bragging his source etc and he made a bet with another for a free phone. Ended up the phone wasn't even release till now? His prediction was wrong. I wonder if the lucky guy receive his free phone from that bragging guy.
    07-10-10 10:26 PM
    You are not just telling me but you are telling everyone in the forum that you are so sure about that. What make you so sure?

I hope your storm3 is not the 9800.

No offence.

I read somewhere in the forum about a guy betting with another about phone release in June? He too was SO CONFIDENT, bragging his source etc and he made a bet with another for a free phone. Ended up the phone wasn't even release till now? His prediction was wrong. I wonder if the lucky guy receive his free phone from that bragging guy.
    Don't take it so seriously. The guy's having a little fun. You should have seen the Storm 9530 boards last year. Lots of people speculating and having fun with it. Of course, based on previous history, November would be the initial logical date. Ultimately it will depend if the Storm3 will be a LTE or CDMA phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 10:42 PM
    Don't take it so seriously. The guy's having a little fun. You should have seen the Storm 9530 boards last year. Lots of people speculating and having fun with it. Of course, based on previous history, November would be the initial logical date. Ultimately it will depend if the Storm3 will be a LTE or CDMA phone.

Exactly.
    I'm not willing to put any money on it
    I am going to speculate that it will be a CDMA phone in November and a Storm4G phone next year when there are actually some LTE networks to use it on.
    07-10-10 10:57 PM
    Exactly.
    I'm not willing to put any money on it
    I am going to speculate that it will be a CDMA phone in November and a Storm4G phone next year when there are actually some LTE networks to use it on.
    wahaha i got it. no worries. My country is going 4G too by end this year and fully ready by 1st or 2nd qtr next year for all the telcos. Here we are GSM base but having that is useless to me since i am using a verizon phone. the OS i need will be cdma base. so ultimately i must wait for verizon to pick up an OS6 phone.

i don't think i will get storm3, why? because it will be extremely pricey for sure. I can live with my storm2 for at least till end of contract. I must pray the phone dont break down because I will not be able to repair here.
    07-11-10 12:08 AM
    Did anyone hear any news on adobe flash on bb? OS6 or webkit browser support flash media content?
    07-11-10 10:26 AM
    That should come as no surprise to us; if it was "bug-free," or close to it, they would have probably released it by now...hopefully the "testing" and "bugs" will get worked out FAST so we can finally get it - not that it looks all that different from the OS5, but the better browsing experience will be a welcomed addition.
    When have you known Verizon to release anything that was "bug free", lol.

We should know better than that......
    07-11-10 11:15 AM
    Given RIM's track record with OS versions...OS6 won't be stable on legacy devices like the S2 for about 6 months after the first release, which is probably months away anyway. By this time, you'll have many other choices and LTE.
    07-11-10 01:56 PM
    Given RIM's track record with OS versions...OS6 won't be stable on legacy devices like the S2 for about 6 months after the first release, which is probably months away anyway. By this time, you'll have many other choices and LTE.
    Ya, we may even have the Storm3 by then and OS6 on the S2 will be a moot point; at least for those that move on.
    07-11-10 02:35 PM
    Agreed, but then again if S3 is rushed out the gate like 1 was then it might behoove me to stick with my S2 until the kinks are worked out.
    07-11-10 03:46 PM
    If .713 is any indicator of RIM OS quality...I'm not sure if there will ever be a decent OS6 for the S2, much less the new phones. How the **** do they keep pumping out this crap? How long does it take RIM to make a decent OS for the Storm series?

I read elsewhere on here but i just have to share...RIM = Research in SLOW Motion.
    07-11-10 04:51 PM
    If .713 is any indicator of RIM OS quality...I'm not sure if there will ever be a decent OS6 for the S2, much less the new phones. How the **** do they keep pumping out this crap? How long does it take RIM to make a decent OS for the Storm series?

I read elsewhere on here but i just have to share...RIM = Research in SLOW Motion.
    I actually think that .713 is a great OS release. It works great for me on my 9520. The only OS version that I downgraded from is .607, which was horrible.

I guess us Vodafone costumers are screwed, because we need a DRM-compatible OS to even install.
    07-11-10 05:11 PM
    I guess us Vodafone costumers are screwed, because we need a DRM-compatible OS to even install.
    Even if VFUK shaft us on OS6 (and I would bet money on it, that they will) one of the other VF factions should hopefully keep us in the loop.
    07-11-10 05:31 PM
    Did anyone hear any news on adobe flash on bb? OS6 or webkit browser support flash media content?
    BlackBerry 6 will have Adobe Flash support. This has been discussed before in other threads and was also discussed when RIM introduced BB 6 at WES.

07-11-10 08:50 PM
    Ok hahaha

07-12-10 07:16 AM
    "willyboy6 6.0.0.91 is much further along for the 9800 than 6.0.0.80 was for the 9550. Although .91 is not nearly a final version either. "
    07-12-10 08:54 AM
    I'd be willing to test a buggy version. I just hope the carriers don't take too long to push it out once it's released.
    You say that now...I remember all of the 5.0 OS leaks....

Ugh that was ugly.
    07-12-10 10:56 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD