according to what's floating around Twitter that is. Supposedly Verizon is testing 6.0.0.80 on the Storm2.

I believe this is probably true. It would make sense because Verizon is not scheduled to have an OS6 device anytime soon. It would be in their best interests to capitalize on the OS6 hype when the Slider drops.
    07-09-10 11:33 AM
    Yup, it appears to be legit information. Although I hear is something you won't want to run daily

OS 6.0.0.91 is also out there for the 9800 and screenshots have already been posted so hopefuly its just a matter of time until we see something for the S2.
    07-09-10 11:55 AM
    Wonder when we will see leaks...hopefully soon.
    07-09-10 11:59 AM
    This makes me ear 2 ear!!!!
    07-09-10 12:19 PM
    Although I hear is something you won't want to run daily
    Shao, what have you heard that makes you say that? I can't pass up the dangling carrot!
    07-09-10 01:01 PM
    Shao, what have you heard that makes you say that? I can't pass up the dangling carrot!
    Ha, I just should have kept my mouth shut :P Someone I spoke to said "bugs", but he could just be blowing smoke up my you know what....He wouldnt even send me a screen shot
    07-09-10 01:06 PM
    Hey, I don't want it "out there somewhere". It's MY OS and I want it NOW!
    07-09-10 02:03 PM
    Hey, I don't want it "out there somewhere". It's MY OS and I want it NOW!
    Brilliant! It's my OS I want it NOW!
    07-09-10 03:13 PM
    I saw some chatter as well but it said it's not yet ready. Someone please go ahead and test it for us and let us know how that works out.
    07-09-10 03:26 PM
    Bring it on - I am ready to browse the web effectively now
    07-09-10 03:27 PM
    I remember loading an early leaked 5.0 on my 9000 and it was pretty buggy.
    All worked out in the end...
    07-09-10 04:01 PM
    Give it 6 months to get the bugs out and it may be interesting. I need a phone that actually works so I guess I will be waiting and watching all you pioneers.
    07-09-10 04:12 PM
    It was posted by a former CB member on Twitter. He used to be known on here as radioguinea and he's now on Twitter as RiseAgainstOdds. But he's not a tester... just knows someone who is a tester for Verizon.

If he's posting it, it's because it's legit. And he also commented that it's a long way from being ready for release, just as Shao mentioned.
    07-09-10 04:21 PM
    Brilliant! It's my OS I want it NOW!
    ...its your OS use it when you need it...call 1800 OS now...ITS MY OS AND I NEED IT NOW
    07-09-10 04:35 PM
    Give it 6 months to get the bugs out and it may be interesting. I need a phone that actually works so I guess I will be waiting and watching all you pioneers.
    Forget pioneers, with their wagon trains and women in prairie dresses.

I want to hang with the Donner Party of BlackBerry operating systems.
    07-09-10 05:41 PM
    Its gona be sept soon....let's just wait on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 01:31 AM
    Ha, I just should have kept my mouth shut :P Someone I spoke to said "bugs", but he could just be blowing smoke up my you know what....He wouldnt even send me a screen shot
    That should come as no surprise to us; if it was "bug-free," or close to it, they would have probably released it by now...hopefully the "testing" and "bugs" will get worked out FAST so we can finally get it - not that it looks all that different from the OS5, but the better browsing experience will be a welcomed addition.
    07-10-10 06:36 AM
    I'd be willing to test a buggy version. I just hope the carriers don't take too long to push it out once it's released.
    07-10-10 07:39 AM
    Friendly pp from USA or Canada?

I suppose you guys will be first to know when RIM will release the next bb phone to your telco?

The day they release the new phone (not s3) will be the day we get an OS upgrade.

However, there may be a chance that the new bb phone they release will be running a lower version than OS6 but higher version than what we have now. The new phone must have some kind of new features else it will have no sales impact to the market.

erm..is it the new bb9300?
    07-10-10 11:12 AM
    erm..is it the new bb9300?
    Am I missing something?? They already told us it would be released on the 9800 right?
    07-10-10 11:33 AM
    @Titus
    Here's the specs for the 9300 I found:
    Quad band gsm/Tri Band cdma
    Wifi N
    Gps
    256MB memory
    624MHz + processor
    3.2 MP - 5MP camera
    5.0 OS

Has that been updated?
    07-10-10 11:43 AM
    Am I missing something?? They already told us it would be released on the 9800 right?
    Yes, that is what was reported...it should be on the 9800.
    07-10-10 12:16 PM
    @Titus
    Here's the specs for the 9300 I found:
    Quad band gsm/Tri Band cdma
    Wifi N
    Gps
    256MB memory
    624MHz + processor
    3.2 MP - 5MP camera
    5.0 OS

Has that been updated?
    Its a rumour, that all upcoming new bb phones will eventually run OS6.

Forget about storm3, it will never be out this year i think. 9800 we also don't know when.

Also rumour on web said some telco will carry at least a new bb phone soon this year.

To run OS6 the min. requirements is 256mb memory.

I remembered reading somewhere RIM said OS6 will be out by end of this year?

So in the worst case scenario, if any of the new upcoming bb phone don't run OS6, they will at least run some more updated OS? Maybe with the new browser?

We have seen some leak and they are not running our OS version. So it make sense to me that if they can't complete OS6 testing or release OS6, they will release at least a higher version OS than now with new capabilities on the new phone. I am also interested in one of the browser where they have tab? open new browser without closing existing browser.

It make no sense to me that RIM will release a phone completely with no additional features and with the specs almost same as storm or bold. That will be deem as a marketing failure to capture the losing market considering apple and droid is making advancement.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-10-10 at 12:38 PM.
    07-10-10 12:31 PM
    I just hope the carriers don't take too long to push it out once it's released.
    One thing I can guarantee is that I won't be getting the Vodafone UK official release. They will leave the release till at least after Christmas.
    07-10-10 12:39 PM
    Its a rumour, that all upcoming new bb phones will eventually run OS6.

True. We don't know anything concrete yet except that BB 6 (OS 6) is coming - confirmed at WES.

Forget about storm3, it will never be out this year i think. 9800 we also don't know when.

Storm3 might or might not come out this year. Looks like it will depend on when Verizon has their LTE system up and running (likely spring of next year)

Also rumour on web said some telco will carry at least a new bb phone soon this year.

This is pretty much a given since that the 9800 has been all but confirmed for AT&T. The 9300 is also all but officially confirmed.

To run OS6 the min. requirements is 256mb memory.

Still speculation. There is nothing official stating this. It is likely that the Storm 1 and other older devices won't see it, but at this point, it is still speculation.

I remembered reading somewhere RIM said OS6 will be out by end of this year?

Yes. It was announced at WES 2010 in April.

So in the worst case scenario, if any of the new upcoming bb phone don't run OS6, they will at least run some more updated OS? Maybe with the new browser?

No. The updated browser is tightly integrated into the BlackBerry 6 OS and will not work with OS 5.0. I asked this question at WES and this was the answer I was given by RIM VPs at a session.

We have seen some leak and they are not running our OS version. So it make sense to me that if they can't complete OS6 testing or release OS6, they will release at least a higher version OS than now with new capabilities on the new phone. I am also interested in one of the browser where they have tab? open new browser without closing existing browser.

Looks like the tabbed browser will not officially come for OS 5.0. If it was going to, it would have come a long time ago as they were experimenting with it nearly a full year ago.

It make no sense to me that RIM will release a phone completely with no additional features and with the specs almost same as storm or bold. That will be deem as a marketing failure to capture the losing market considering apple and droid is making advancement.

And that is the very comment that a lot of bloggers are making. But RIM has to tread a very careful line of staying with the times while not alienating companies (which are a big revenue source for RIM). Remember it's not as easy as you'd think.
    See my comments above in red for some additional points and some corrections.
    07-10-10 04:35 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD