My bold 9700 will not load OS6 i have loaded and removed the vendor file 6 different times from 6 different file locations with no luck does anyone have any other suggestions
    when i had a curve 8520 and wanted OS5 it loaded no problem when i removed the vendor file..
    Any help would be great:
    04-02-11 10:22 AM
    My bold 9700 will not load OS6 i have loaded and removed the vendor file 6 different times from 6 different file locations with no luck does anyone have any other suggestions
    when i had a curve 8520 and wanted OS5 it loaded no problem when i removed the vendor file..
    Any help would be great:
    BlackBerry 101: How to install an official (or leaked) BlackBerry operating system | CrackBerry.com
    04-02-11 10:31 AM
    Well i did all the steps to load OS6 not once not twice not three times with still no luck
    Do the experts think i may have a bad pin or is this BB9700 a piece of crap the unfortunate thing is i got it second hand.
    So who knows what the original owner may or may have not done.
    but this does suck not being able to get a better running program...
    Anyone with any other ideas???
    Help would be great-full
    04-03-11 11:34 AM
    A little more info would help...what carrier do you have,are you using Desktop Manager to update , ect. Just about every carrier has released OS6 officially so there really should be no reason why you are having these problems. Sometimes it is something very minor that can screw everything up. The people on CB are some of the most knowledgable around but they are only as good as the info we are provided.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 12:29 PM
    I`m on Rogers Toronto Canada i tried Rogers OS6 used app loader way deleted vendor file i have tried other carriers with the same result ...i`m not on a data plan i know it would work if i was but the other way of deleting the vendor file should have worked but did not.
    i had a BB8520 which i was able to load SO5 without data plan so i don`t know what else to do..
    04-03-11 01:47 PM
    I`m on Rogers Toronto Canada i tried Rogers OS6 used app loader way deleted vendor file i have tried other carriers with the same result ...i`m not on a data plan i know it would work if i was but the other way of deleting the vendor file should have worked but did not.
    i had a BB8520 which i was able to load SO5 without data plan so i don`t know what else to do..
    Did you do a complete wipe of the device?

PALeafs67 likes this.
    04-03-11 02:10 PM
    Did you do a complete wipe of the device?

i will second the need to completely wiping either using BBSAK or JLCmander
    04-03-11 02:13 PM
    I wanna thank you guys for the great help i now have the OS6 running i did not think of doing the wipe it works great... now i can really enjoy the BB9700 like i wanted to from the start
    04-03-11 03:11 PM
    Am on rogers to...Did my Os6 update from blackberry.com web...I just plug my phone in to my pc and it recognize pin...Done...
    04-03-11 03:53 PM
    Am on rogers to...Did my Os6 update from blackberry.com web...I just plug my phone in to my pc and it recognize pin...Done...
    Hi my problem was i`m not on Rodgers BB data plan so you can only do the OS6 load by deleting vendor file and a complete wiping which i did do.. i am running with it now its great but thanks for the info anyway..
    04-03-11 05:49 PM
    Hi my problem was i`m not on Rodgers BB data plan so you can only do the OS6 load by deleting vendor file and a complete wiping which i did do.. i am running with it now its great but thanks for the info anyway..
    GREAT! Glad it all worked out for you. Aside from the memory leak it really is a great OS. Enjoy!
    04-03-11 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD