I posted this yesterday in OS6 forum but I've had no replies so trying here. Can anyone help with this?

We just got new pc's at work this week, with Windows 7. All of us have Blackberries. The 9700 with OS5 has moved seemlessly over to the new pc's but we're having a MAJOR issue with the Torch and Windows 7 on another pc. We have spent countless hours trouble shooting with email provider, cell provider, Blackberry help, MS help, and they have determined there is a definite issue with either the Torch specifically or with OS6, and Windows 7.

Our specific problem is with email. The Torch pulls any emails directly from the server before that email can be dumped onto the pc Outlook. We have run tests, set up "fake" temp accounts, and this is the diagnosis. Has anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone know a fix? MS, Blackberry, Telus, email company, nobody can solve it for us. Thanks.
    12-11-10 06:19 PM
    I dont have a Torch but am running a leaked OS 6 on my 9650 with windows 7 everything is the same as it was on OS 5
    12-11-10 09:32 PM
    Im running windows 7 on my Dell Studio laptop, and have had no problems with my email accounts and BIS. I am however, not using outlook, Im using Windows Live Mail, so maybe there's a syncing issue with outlook, IDK.
    12-11-10 09:55 PM
    Im in the same boat as Pilsbury, Windows 7 64 bit with a 9700 on Os6, havent tried any syncing yet, but DM backs up and BBSAK works flawless.
    12-11-10 09:57 PM
    Same Torch with email issues, now it won't call forward. It gives message about unable to do it because it doesn't recognize number. I'm starting to think we got a lemon, will try taking it back for another one.
    12-11-10 10:05 PM
    What version of Desktop Manager are you running?

What version of Outlook are you running?

I doubt if any version of an OS on the BlackBerry device would have an effect on syncing with Outlook using Desktop Manager. On the other hand, Desktop Manager and Outlook might not work well, depending on their versions.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, Outlook 2007, Desktop Manager 5, and a leaked version of OS 6 on my 9700. The syncing with Outlook is fine.

I believe you need to use Desktop Manager 6 if you wish to sync with Outlook 2010.
    12-12-10 11:47 AM
    We have a new HP pc with Windows 7 (64 bit), Office 2010, Outlook 2010, and we downloaded desktop mgr 6. We also deleted the OS6 off the Torch and reloaded it fresh from BB. The Torch is also fairly new, maybe 2wks old, and it worked fine with old pc (XP), Outlook 2003, and Desktop mgr 6. The Torch also will not allow us to call forward to another number, which is something we used to be able to do with all our BB's.

Telus is stumped, our email provider is stumped, MS is stumped, nobody can offer a solution.

In desperation, we've had to go into the Torch and delete all email accounts til we figure this out. We need the emails to land in Outlook, but the Torch keeps grabbing them off our email server, and then it holds onto them and won't allow the Outlook to get a copy. Very odd.
    12-12-10 08:30 PM
    your call forwarding seems like a carrier issue.

As for email are you using a BES or BESX or just regular BIS on this blackberry
    KodyShadow likes this.
    12-13-10 09:11 AM
    We need the emails to land in Outlook, but the Torch keeps grabbing them off our email server, and then it holds onto them and won't allow the Outlook to get a copy. Very odd.
    As you probably are well aware, within Outlook and most other email clients you can set the system to "Leave copy on server" or not. Is there a BB option for doing that in OS6 that might be turned off? I can't recall if that can be set in OS5, so wondered if maybe it's an option in 6. Just trying to come up with ideas for you. Good luck with the issue.
    KodyShadow likes this.
    12-13-10 02:56 PM
    Not familiar with Win7 or the Torch but I thought I would add my 2 cents. Does Win7 have the option to run programs in Compatibility Mode like XP? That may be an option if it does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 06:28 PM
    thanks for all the suggestions..............we have already told the Outlook acct to leave emails on the server, we've deleted and re-loaded every program (OS6, Outlook, email accts) and it's still causing grief. Finally in desperation today, we set up a gmail acct, and now all the emails point to that and filter thru to the Torch. But it's not the permanent solution we had hoped for.

Sigh..........My 9700 on OS5 works 100% fine, I'll be thinking long and hard before ever upgrading my device or to OS6.
    12-13-10 08:29 PM
    You know what. I'm wondering if the driver for communicating with the Torch needs to be updated on the pc. Can you go to driver in the device manager and click check for updates?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    KodyShadow likes this.
    12-13-10 09:33 PM
    You may be right, that is the only thing we've not thought of to try. Will do it tomorrow, fingers crossed. Thanks for all the suggestions from everyone.
    12-13-10 09:46 PM
    You may be right, that is the only thing we've not thought of to try. Will do it tomorrow, fingers crossed. Thanks for all the suggestions from everyone.
    Kody, just out of curiosity, did you ever fix the problem? If so, how? Hope it worked out somehow.
    12-17-10 02:06 PM
    We haven't tried to re-install drivers yet, which was the only thing left to do, but since our "temp workaround" is working I am hesitant to touch any other settings. If I feel brave after Xmas I may play with it some more.
    Right now we have BB Desktop 6 on the Windows 7 pc, with our mail provider pointed at a Gmail acct, and the Gmail pointing to Outlook 2010. So far the messages are staying on Gmail server and other mail server (so I can always check remotely from home pc), plus copying the Torch I think. But that might be because Torch is shut off permanently while the user in on holidays..............I am hoping once it's on again it won't grab all the emails and prevent them from going into Outlook.

It's been a royal pain getting new pc's, new Blackberry's and new email all at once.
    12-17-10 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD