I keep reading all these post about rapid battery drain on OS6. Mine is just the oposite. As I went from OS5 to OS6 yesterday I have had extra high usage today and I have only dropped to 91% since 8am this morning. I'm thinking the level is not being reported correct. Has anyone run across this one yet?
    04-07-11 05:52 PM
    I too have great battery life with OS 6. The thing you need to remember is that people will only post things when something is wrong. When things are going great we tend to keep quiet. I'd assume the majority of people are very happy with OS 6, but we only hear about the minority who isn't happy with it.
    04-07-11 06:20 PM
    if it helps, i have a good battery life on OS6 too
    04-07-11 09:19 PM
    I had great battery life with OS6 up till a few weeks ago. Now to make it to 5 o' clock is about it. But I am in an area where 3g has been spotty and I have noticed the last couple weeks I am on 3g most the time. This makes me think they are doing some things with the signal so I hope I get my normal batt life back soon!!
    04-07-11 09:22 PM
    I had great battery life with OS6 up till a few weeks ago. Now to make it to 5 o' clock is about it. But I am in an area where 3g has been spotty and I have noticed the last couple weeks I am on 3g most the time. This makes me think they are doing some things with the signal so I hope I get my normal batt life back soon!!
    why not switch it to 2g unless you're gonna do serious browsing?
    04-08-11 04:58 AM
    I keep reading all these post about rapid battery drain on OS6. Mine is just the oposite. As I went from OS5 to OS6 yesterday I have had extra high usage today and I have only dropped to 91% since 8am this morning. I'm thinking the level is not being reported correct. Has anyone run across this one yet?
    A lot - but not all - of it depends on the device. Candybars tend not to drain as much as phones with a touch screen. But I believe OS6 also has better power management, which was needed when they rolled out the Torch. On each of the last three phones I've owned, battery life has gotten shorter and shorter. Although I can still go well over a day with the Torch if I have to. And as jebulls noted, some if it also depends on your reception. If you're in a weak signal area, the phone uses more juice searching for a strong signal, especially if it's jumping back and forth between 3G and 2G. If you're in a WiFi area all day or somewhere that there's a good 3G signal, you'll get much better battery life.
    04-08-11 06:47 AM
    5:30am to 4pm today with average usage and at 92%. I cannot complain.
    04-08-11 03:11 PM
    I keep wifi and GPS enabled constantly, and get great battery life out of BB6.
    04-08-11 03:13 PM
    I get amazing battery life. I take it off around noon or a couple hours after and put it on when I go to bed at like four and it still looks like it has 70%. I'm too lazy to actually check but you get what I'm saying.
    04-08-11 05:08 PM
    I got very good battery life on my old Tour with OS 5 but since I got my new Bold with OS 6, my biggest issue, aside from the double/tripple keys, is horrendous battery life. To be fair, I am a VERY heavy user but that's mostly at night while I have itt plugged into the charger. When I'm at work all day and don't have anytime to use my phone for more than the occasional text, BBM, or 1 min phone call, I still come home with a nearly drained battery. I keep my wi-fi off, never leave apps running aside from my weather app, turn down brrightness/backlightting and anything else I can do to try and save the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD