Which Hybrid would you recommend for Tour 9630? I'm tired of having the radio fluctuate from 1X to 1XEV. Seems like it loses signal for no reason, does anyone understand what is happening?
    06-24-10 01:21 PM
    What are you using as your base?
    Signal should depend on the radio.

I really had an issue where I can't hear people in the phone
    It would appear that it was the area I lives in...
    Make sure this is not your issue too.

It seems blackberries does not have the best signal out there

People praise the 419 more than the 591
    After that you can load any hybrid you would like to try

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 01:43 PM
    I have 732 loaded.

I see an option in Shrink -a-OS to change Radio - what option should I choose? Or should I leave it?

What are you using as your base?
    Signal should depend on the radio.

I really had an issue where I can't hear people in the phone
    It would appear that it was the area I lives in...
    Make sure this is not your issue too.

It seems blackberries does not have the best signal out there

People praise the 419 more than the 591
    After that you can load any hybrid you would like to try

06-24-10 01:48 PM
    Damn I missed that you said 9630...
    Firstly, I recommend using the bbhybrids tool instead of shrink a OS.
    (its the same thing, but identifies your device)
    Then see what options for radio are available, and search this site for 5.0.0.xxx
    Browsing through peoples responses will tell you what are the best.

>another note is to check on the download site what WillyBoy instructions are to install as a base.

Not exactly to the point, but I hope it helps.

06-24-10 01:55 PM
    thanks.

The Shrink-a-OS popped up on its own after installing the files - I kept the radio that came with it, its my first Hybrid.

It offered an option to delete certain options, languages, etc.

Damn I missed that you said 9630...
    Firstly, I recommend using the bbhybrids tool instead of shrink a OS.
    (its the same thing, but identifies your device)
    Then see what options for radio are available, and search this site for 5.0.0.xxx
    Browsing through peoples responses will tell you what are the best.

>another note is to check on the download site what WillyBoy instructions are to install as a base.

Not exactly to the point, but I hope it helps.

06-24-10 02:29 PM
    Just installed this hybrid and first one ever for that matter...

Complete wipe performed before and backup restored...

Issue I am having is all Calendar invites from BES are not visible properly or allow/provide the proper options to accept meeting, etc. All meetings come through fine with Outlook/Exchange, but my 9000 has the issue stated and really an empty meeting notice, minus the subject of the calendar invite.

All old meetings were restored properly.

Anyone else experience this?
    06-28-10 05:26 PM
    Nice Hybrid. Now that willyboy v6 is officially free I gave it a try, not sure if it's the new car small but things runs better than the other hybrids I tried. For one thing yahoo always connects properly on restarts and FB 1.8 doesn't give me any connection errors.

I shrunk everything except default sounds, including default themes (hopefully the warning doesn't apply to me). Willyboy should make a new v6 thread here.
    06-28-10 06:52 PM
    Just installed this hybrid and first one ever for that matter...

Complete wipe performed before and backup restored...

Issue I am having is all Calendar invites from BES are not visible properly or allow/provide the proper options to accept meeting, etc. All meetings come through fine with Outlook/Exchange, but my 9000 has the issue stated and really an empty meeting notice, minus the subject of the calendar invite.

All old meetings were restored properly.

Anyone else experience this?
    My calendar invites are working great on BESx. My only suggestion would be to wipe and reinstall. I know it's a pain, but I can't think of anything else you could try. It's definately not a result of the hybrid. Good Luck.
    06-29-10 09:26 AM
    Using it a few days on my Tour - its great.

Nice Hybrid. Now that willyboy v6 is officially free I gave it a try, not sure if it's the new car small but things runs better than the other hybrids I tried. For one thing yahoo always connects properly on restarts and FB 1.8 doesn't give me any connection errors.

I shrunk everything except default sounds, including default themes (hopefully the warning doesn't apply to me). Willyboy should make a new v6 thread here.
    06-29-10 02:08 PM
    My calendar invites are working great on BESx. My only suggestion would be to wipe and reinstall. I know it's a pain, but I can't think of anything else you could try. It's definately not a result of the hybrid. Good Luck.
    This is what I am considering too...as it is an annoyance and something I could not live with for sure for much longer.

Before I wipe and reload my backup from 3 days ago...

Do you know if I have my BB to be the main and not Outlook for reconciling, will BES automatically still give me the additional 3 days of emails after I wipe and restore or am I SOL and have to change the way DM is setup currently?
    06-29-10 04:22 PM
    This is what I am considering too...as it is an annoyance and something I could not live with for sure for much longer.

Before I wipe and reload my backup from 3 days ago...

Do you know if I have my BB to be the main and not Outlook for reconciling, will BES automatically still give me the additional 3 days of emails after I wipe and restore or am I SOL and have to change the way DM is setup currently?
    In email options / email reconciliation I have:
    Message Services: Desktop
    Delete On: Mailbox and Handheld
    On Conflicts: Mailbox wins

So Outlook would be your main. However, when you wipe and restore OS you will lose all emails on your Bold. They will remain on your computer in Outlook.
    06-29-10 04:37 PM
    They either got their hands on an OS from the slider or clam shell or had someone exract the cods off the device using javaloader (or front end like bbsak). I'd bet the base OS is still 5.0 and they've just replaced some of the files.
    That's exactly what they did. Sucked OS6 files and mixed them into OS5 code base. No UI elements yet, just swaps of some system level files.

I've got the OS6 hybrid running on my Tour and it's been running very well so far.
    06-29-10 04:40 PM
    Ok...I installed this hybrid but when I go into the "About" screen it says I have v5.0.0.732 (Bundle 1242, Platform 4.2.0.303) Is this right? If not, what should I see?
    07-01-10 09:42 AM
    Ok...I installed this hybrid but when I go into the "About" screen it says I have v5.0.0.732 (Bundle 1242, Platform 4.2.0.303) Is this right? If not, what should I see?
    Go to options>applications>menu>modules and scroll down you should see the 6.0.0.31 modules along with some others if you installed it successfully.
    07-01-10 10:13 AM
    Ok...I don't have any 6.0 anything in there. Not sure how I installed it incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    07-01-10 01:47 PM
    Ok...I don't have any 6.0 anything in there. Not sure how I installed it incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Double check and make sure you only have one loader folder. If you have two different .732 loader folders then it would make sense. This is defaulted to the leaked folder, not the official one.
    07-01-10 02:30 PM
    when I went to open it on the pc, it tried to get me to open one it said was "newer" or "updated" but I figured it was RIM trying to get me to open the official one and install it so I picked the other thinking it was the hybrid. Maybe I chose the wrong one?
    07-01-10 02:42 PM
    funny that all the WB created threads are gone, but the one thread b & m about paying for a hybrid is still here
    07-02-10 12:30 PM
    wiped clean and started with a clean factory .732 then did the hybrid install and it worked. now I see the 6.0 modules! Thanks WB.
    07-02-10 12:41 PM
    Anyone installed WB6's new hybrid (v12) ? What's different?

07-02-10 02:19 PM
170 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD