It would be nice if the content of this thread would re-route to actually discussing the OS 6 hybrid itself rather than just talking about driphter VIP and whatever else. Let's not forget this is the Hybrid section after all.
    So, what is the benefit of this hybrid? What changes are there, or noticeable differences in general? Any particular reason of the use of the 6.0 files, or is this just to see who it works with 5.0 files and if there are improvements in functionality, battery life, memory?

Just curious cause when its out of the vip area, Id love to try it on my tour..

thanks in advance.
    06-17-10 05:47 PM
    Okay so after sifting through all the comments, no one that is running the hybrid has given an in-depth overview on the new hybrid. Other than it runs great, what else have you guys noticed regarding battery life, memory, browser, and overall phone speed. If I had the money to spare, I would have gladly donated in recognition of the work that's been put into producing the hybrid but my budget is tight these days. So let's hear it guys, how's it running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 05:53 PM
    Okay so after sifting through all the comments, no one that is running the hybrid has given an in-depth overview on the new hybrid. Other than it runs great, what else have you guys noticed regarding battery life, memory, browser, and overall phone speed. If I had the money to spare, I would have gladly donated in recognition of the work that's been put into producing the hybrid but my budget is tight these days. So let's hear it guys, how's it running?

I tried it for a few hours and really didn't think it was that great. I've loved past willyboy builds but this one my vvm didn't work and the overall phone speed seemed slow compared to RB's full java hybrid. Once willyboy adds more os6 files it might change but for now I'd try Pwncakes v7 for the best hybrid right now

06-17-10 06:13 PM
    i dont know why people are complaining about membership to dcom, it is not exclusive, hybrids are released sooner or later. vip are like betatesters for the builder they only enhance the build for the rest of you. i guess all you complainers have short memories as pwn only released 5.4 to people who so called donated. so why dont you all just let it go. 6 will probably be released soon enough
    06-17-10 08:11 PM
    I like it, everything recent feels the same, date/time is fixed, gmail app won't install! M.google.com/mail tries to route u to webmail, I like it, ill know more after some batt pulls

06-17-10 08:52 PM
    tried the OS6 out on my bold 9000.

things to note:

1)memory started out with 3MB more than when i installed willyboy's 5.2

2)slowed down the phone quite a bit on the first batt pull, but now after about 8-10 hours the OS has started to settle in and i dont notice the lags anymore.

3)memory dropped 1.2MB since the last battery pull 8 hours ago

4)browser was definitely a lot faster as compared to v5.2 which had the slowest browser ever for me.

5)cant comment on battery life yet, although im down to 85% now from a full charge. light texting and installing of apps, 8 hours ago.

6)havent got to play around with call quality and all but radio was definitely stronger than v5.2. i was getting a lot of drops in radio on that.

not much else that i noticed yet. overall a good build but i think could work a lot better. but still worth downloading.
    06-17-10 08:52 PM
    OS Installed..

i prefer official .681 or older hybrid v5.2
    is that hybrid 9000wb5.2 better than wb6? how is your result about freemem n battery life?
    06-17-10 08:55 PM
    Why can't we all give Willyboy6 a brake, all he is doing is trying to make ALL our devices work a little better. I am thankful for all his hard work and for all the other hybrid makers out there. If it was not for ALL them alot of our phones won't run as good as they do.
    Well put.

Sorry in advance for the length of this post but I have to chime in and can't believe what's going on here.

I joined VIP at this time, not because he integrated a few OS 6.0 files, but mostly because I've loaded the last 4 or 5 WB hybrids and have been extremely happy with all but one of them. I appreciate what his hybrids have done for my berry, I like to tinker with it and the excitement of having his hybrids right away is worth something. Overall, the performance of my berry has been significantly smoother and improved over leaks and official releases. I buy themes and apps regularly and respect that they take considerable work and effort to create. They add value to my device and that's what we all pay for, regardless of what we're buying, added value. What's wrong with paying something to have WB's terrific hybrids ASAP, not to mention the other VIP benefits of the site. It's of value to me, as it is to other VIP members. By bashing WB and Driphter for charging for this privallege, you're bashing all of us who contributed and became VIP members. Clearly VIP membership isn't of value to the people bashing WB in this thread. The answer is simple. Don't join, but stop bashing a CB member who'se given so much for free. And, if you're going to bash WB, then have the decency not to downloaded WB's hybrids for free. If you're downloading WB's work for free, the last thing in the world you should be doing is knocking him. When he releases the hybrids for free, he also provides free support and expects nothing other than constructive feedback and thanks. So, have some respect and at the very least thank him for his work.

I'm not concerned about 6.0 hype as I am about reliability and performance of the OS. The WB 6 hybrid is definitely the best OS I've had on my device by far. Memory and battery drain issues related to the OS seem to be non-existent. I do find those issues with particular apps and themes, as usual, but not when using the precision zen theme and most apps. In those circumstances, I've had memory sit at 30 (after droping from 32-33 on startup) and sit there until I had to replace the battery with my spare. I find the basic phone features are extremely reliable. I haven't had any dropped calls whatsoever and the signal stays strong. I can easily swap out to other berry features without losing the connection. The browser is definitely fast although I don't know if it's the fastest WB hybrid browser I've used. It's definitely fast.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 06-17-10 at 10:08 PM.
    06-17-10 08:57 PM
    @bts0uth & @ranonranonarat: Thx for the replies. Can't wait to get my hands on that hybrid. Keep up the good work willyboy!
    06-17-10 09:04 PM
    I'm not concerned about 6.0 hype as I am about reliability and performance of the OS
    And that's why I am running v4.3 (over .592 base). Of all releases, this was no doubt the one that delivered (me) the best results. Performance is great, battery life is stable (the standard 2 days) and memory does not leak (well... usully ).

I wil surely try v6 (probably by this friday, since they go public about a week after VIPS get it). Would be nice it v6 could outperform v4.3. I like having newest files almost as much as I like a peak performance device.

Hope I can get both!
    06-17-10 09:13 PM
    My thanks to all the hybrid builders. I know it take time and patience to create these builds. All I know it makes owning my BB fun. One more note, when .591 came out with all the problems, it was these hybrids that helped my phone run smoothly. Only problem was there was too many to choose from and they all ran great. Thanks again guys!
    06-17-10 10:22 PM
    To all you hybrid builders out there, keep up the good work and just ignore the haters out there. The majority of us are just stoked that our BB's run so much smoother, more reliable and much more of a pleasure to use than when running stock OS's. We appreciate your efforts and always look forward to your new hybrids. Us BB9000 users sadly know we won't be getting a full OS6 release so any hybrid with OS6 files in them will make us feel less left out. Thanks again to all hybrid builders.

06-18-10 01:09 AM
    To all you hybrid builders out there, keep up the good work and just ignore the haters out there. The majority of us are just stoked that our BB's run so much smoother, more reliable and much more of a pleasure to use than when running stock OS's. We appreciate your efforts and always look forward to your new hybrids. Us BB9000 users sadly know we won't be getting a full OS6 release so any hybrid with OS6 files in them will make us feel less left out. Thanks again to all hybrid builders.

How's that Kool-Aid taste down under?

Did you even try .681 before you decided you needed a hybrid? Or had you already been sucked down the pipe?
    06-18-10 05:30 AM
    Okay so after using the v6 hybrid I found the battery life to be very good compared to other hybrids/leaks (Haven't tried PwnCakes' v7 hybrid).
    Though I have noticed the browser being VERY SLOW on Wifi for some reason.
    Not much memory leak
    Overall OS is as snappy as others, can't comment on the OS6 part of the hybrid as I think it is all internal (only 20 os6 files)
    Bootup time is reallyyy fastttt, took about 1:15 min
    Last edited by xalkoholicx; 06-18-10 at 08:23 AM.
    06-18-10 08:19 AM
    How's that Kool-Aid taste down under?

Did you even try .681 before you decided you needed a hybrid? Or had you already been sucked down the pipe?
    I don't know about him, but if it's all the same to you, I tried leakd .681, official .681, 2 hybrids meant to use .681 as base AND I still prefer the results I get with v4.3 over .592.

Not everybody is drinking kool-aid. Some do test stuff. If not most...

Bootup time is reallyyy fastttt, took about 1:15 min
    I imagine that's because of the Bold's processor? My 8520's best time was a 2 minutes right after installing (and there was nothing in... no apps... no data...).

No matter what I do, I am stuck with 4 minutes boot ups... Then again, I am not running v6 yet, but I really don't expect a miracle on this subjetc...
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-18-10 at 08:29 AM.
    06-18-10 08:26 AM
    I imagine that's because of the Bold's processor? My 8520's best time was a 2 minutes right after installing (and there was nothing in... no apps... no data...).

No matter what I do, I am stuck with 4 minutes boot ups... Then again, I am not running v6 yet, but I really don't expect a miracle on this subjetc...
    Yeah you might be right, probably because of fast processor... BUT it was hardly as fast as this on older OS's, it would be atleast 2mins
    06-18-10 08:51 AM
    V6 on an 8530...from the time the red light is on until the home screen is displayed I measured as 3:20. Not bad
    06-18-10 11:13 AM
    So 9700 owners that try this, does it looks good or interesting or we better stay with last 743?
    06-18-10 11:56 AM
    So 9700 owners that try this, does it looks good or interesting or we better stay with last 743?

I'd have to say that it runs as good if not better than an leaked OS/Hybrid that I have tried.... which is quite a few. the browser speed, if not faster, is at least as fast as RB's V2 hybrid, only the java seems to work. Battery life is good, I have been browsing for a good portion of the morning and was on a 50 minute call and I am sitting at 58%. One ting that seems to work better is Opera 5. Although I haven't used it heavily yet, it hasn't crashed or frozen up like it has on all other 5.xxx OSs. In going from RBs V2 to Willyboy's hybrid with 6.0 CODs included, I have gained about 5 mb in memory. I still have yet to test this OS with heavy browsing, but so far, its a winner.
    06-18-10 02:28 PM
    This has been asked before, I didn't see an answer... What's the base ????
    06-18-10 02:43 PM
    It would be nice if the content of this thread would re-route to actually discussing the OS 6 hybrid itself rather than just talking about driphter VIP and whatever else. Let's not forget this is the Hybrid section after all.
    Here here !!!!
    06-18-10 02:45 PM
    This has been asked before, I didn't see an answer... What's the base ????
    Leaked .681.

06-18-10 02:53 PM
    I've been using willyboy's hybrids since they first came out and usually did find a increase of stability and performance over most OS's.

But all this talk about a OS6 hybrid I think is just bull and should of been called v5.3 and never in a million years a OS6.

If the hybrid doesn't look like OS6, if it doesn't have any new OS6 features, and if the files are only in there to help stabilise the hybrid build of a OS5 base then its definitely not a OS6 hybrid and should never have been marketed or promoted as such and its definitely that simple.

06-19-10 07:03 AM
    I've been using willyboy's hybrids since they first came out and usually did find a increase of stability and performance over most OS's.

But all this talk about a OS6 hybrid I think is just bull and should of been called v5.3 and never in a million years a OS6.

If the hybrid doesn't look like OS6, if it doesn't have any new OS6 features, and if the files are only in there to help stabilise the hybrid build of a OS5 base then its definitely not a OS6 hybrid and should never have been marketed or promoted as such and its definitely that simple.

i dont even see whats the issue with it. its like having a kid, you name the kid whatever you want. if people dont like it, they could jolly well get lost because its not going to affect you.

why does it bother you what does willyboy call his hybrid? if you're that good, make your own hybrid and call it whatever you want. if you like it enough, you use it, you feel happy about it. end of story. if you're not happy about it being called a OS6 hybrid, dont download it, dont use it. simple as that. why are you telling people what to name their kids? thats what i dont understand.
    06-19-10 09:50 AM
    For all of the Haters on here, BACK OFF! Driphter and Willyboy have done nothing but give to Crackberry.com, BBOS.com, and so on. So to come on here and bash them, is ridiculous.........this all comes down to silly high school jealousy.

For all of the supporters, thank you for voicing your support.

06-19-10 10:07 AM
170 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD