it's okay, I'll wait
    06-21-10 03:27 PM
    I dont get the issue either. You can pay for VIP access and have the hybrids a week earlier while being part of the testing process, or you dont pay and then you wait. Nobody of driphter.com has advertised anything in this thread.
    06-21-10 08:50 PM
    I thought the whole issue was a claim of an OS 6 build hybrid that has no visual UI improvements that RIM have implemented into the official OS6 and only some hidden files that the end user won't see... BUT wasn't made very clear when the OP and link to vip paid site was originally posted

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 12:50 AM
    What about killing that argument and going back to the review of the OS6 Hybrid?
    06-22-10 11:37 AM
    Memory normal .. or maybe worse ... battery life .. didnt notice a change .. again maybe worse

yep 5.2 is better
    i feel same as yours... the memory drain in my bold, better use wb5.2
    06-22-10 03:20 PM
    I thought the whole issue was a claim of an OS 6 build hybrid that has no visual UI improvements that RIM have implemented into the official OS6 and only some hidden files that the end user won't see... BUT wasn't made very clear when the OP and link to vip paid site was originally posted

The problem seems to be that, it can't be a 5.0 based hybrid with 6.0 files in it. It has to be a full java 6.0. It has to have ALL the bells and whistles (even if we don't know our devices can handle/support them).

The post reads "Get some OS6". I think 20 files is "some".

EDIT: Just to let you all know, it's just gone public. Oh, and the bugs the VIPs found while testing have been fixed.
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-22-10 at 06:06 PM.
    06-22-10 04:51 PM
    does anyone know if there's an OTA link or site for these things because doing it on the computer doesn't work on the phone....at all.
    06-22-10 06:32 PM
    does anyone know if there's an OTA link or site for these things because doing it on the computer doesn't work on the phone....at all.
    it does work, i've been using wb's hybrids since v4. You just need to follow the instructions.
    06-22-10 07:22 PM
    Only OTA OS updates come from carriers... And I don't think Dcom has that many VIPs to start supporting this feature

What kind of problems are you facing?
    06-22-10 07:33 PM
    I tried the instructions and my phone reboots to 4.2.0 everytime. I'm sticking with the update through desktop manager I'm tired.

06-23-10 12:02 AM
    I am a Driphter VIP, and yes the Hybrids are for real. You can see the files included if you go to Applications, and the select Core, then click Blackberry 5.0.0 System Software. You can scroll down and click on some of the files listed and you will see that 20 of the version numbers are 6.0.0.31.

I have a Storm 2, and all I can say is that the hybrid is running very very well. My memory is very stable, and my battery life is the best it has been.

I am sure Willyboy will keep adding more files as he evaluates them - this is not a minor process - especially with a new OS - you can't just mix and match.

I am not disappointed that I paid to become a VIP. There are many good Hybrid builders out there, and I myself have used many Lyricidal 'brids with great success. Willyboy, has done an excellent job in this case, and so far anyway, is the only one with any 6.0 files. I don't know how he got them either - but I am happy with the results. Paying a little money to help these guys (whether it is BlackberryOS, BBHybrids.net, or Driphter.com) afford to maintain a site is a small price to pay for the improvements we get in our phones.
    Last edited by pkasin; 06-23-10 at 01:23 AM.
    06-23-10 01:05 AM
    I tried the instructions and my phone reboots to 4.2.0 everytime. I'm sticking with the update through desktop manager I'm tired.

Search for the instructions on how to wipe a phone a install a new OS

06-23-10 01:08 AM
    There's the voice we looking for!
    Thanx Whining

06-23-10 01:21 AM
    There's the voice we looking for!
    Thanx Whining

It needed to be said. If it wasn't for hybrids, I would have abandoned Storms (My S1, in particular). Quite frankly, I hope that RIM is watching these guys... they may question their own development process. IMHO.
    06-23-10 01:27 AM
    Ok, loaded this up,

just followed the directions.

shrunk from 131 to 64mb.

after install memory is 47%, everything seems to be so far so good, i dont notice any significant improvements or faster speeds...

we will see. i dont know why he just doesnt put all the 6.0 cods in(like the 80 instead of the 20), then i think we will see the improvements and gains everyone is speaking of.

will run this for awhile and see how it is unless i start having issues..
    06-23-10 01:30 AM
    I am a Driphter VIP, and yes the Hybrids are for real. You can see the files included if you go to Applications, and the select Core, then click Blackberry 5.0.0 System Software. You can scroll down and click on some of the files listed and you will see that 20 of the version numbers are 6.0.0.31.

I have a Storm 2, and all I can say is that the hybrid is running very very well. My memory is very stable, and my battery life is the best it has been.

I am sure Willyboy will keep adding more files as he evaluates them - this is not a minor process - especially with a new OS - you can't just mix and match.

I am not disappointed that I paid to become a VIP. There are many good Hybrid builders out there, and I myself have used many Lyricidal 'brids with great success. Willyboy, has done an excellent job in this case, and so far anyway, is the only one with any 6.0 files. I don't know how he got them either - but I am happy with the results. Paying a little money to help these guys (whether it is BlackberryOS, BBHybrids.net, or Driphter.com) afford to maintain a site is a small price to pay for the improvements we get in our phones.

if you read on his site, hes the one that came across the new clam shell with os6.0 in it, and was able to get the cods off of it like we can with our BBs now.

as for being VIP, i am not, and i downloaded this on his website.. if this works and i see significant improvements i will become vip.

whats everyones views and opinions on this hybrid?

here is his post.

Willyboy 9700 v6 .732/.743/.758/.6.0.0.31

"Well folks, here are your first set of OS6 files! Unless you've been living in a cave, you know that I came across a Clamshell. Well these are the OS6 files off the Clamshell. While the OS on the clamshell wasn't fully functional there were many parts of it that worked great. I was able to take about 80 OS6 files and drop them into a 5.0 based build error free. This was very exciting for me! To get the party started I only dropped about 20 in this build. As future builds are released, I'll add more and more files from 6.0 in! We are also doing more testing behind the scenes to bring OS6 to you in another form...."
    06-23-10 01:33 AM
    Like nearly all hybrids, you need to do 2 - 3 battery pulls, and then let the OS settle for about 24 hours. If you don't do this - for any OS - you're not giving it a fair shot.

By the way, you CAN NOT just add all of the files - some of the files work with only the device they were intended for. That is why hybrid building is a skill and art. There is a lot of trial and error done before we get them. If Willyboy added all of the Java files, you would certainly be unhappy with the results- if they would load at all. The Core OS files are a big step, and I am pretty sure we won't see these for a while.

By the way, every phone behaves differently - especially different models. All I can say is, so far, most of the folks that followed the directions (fully) seem very happy with everything. Some folks on the S2 are not happy with browser speed, but I am happy with the browser speed now that my OS has settled.
    06-23-10 01:42 AM
    Leaked .681.

WRONG, its .743
    06-23-10 01:52 AM
    Like nearly all hybrids, you need to do 2 - 3 battery pulls, and then let the OS settle for about 24 hours. If you don't do this - for any OS - you're not giving it a fair shot.

By the way, you CAN NOT just add all of the files - some of the files work with only the device they were intended for. That is why hybrid building is a skill and art. There is a lot of trial and error done before we get them. If Willyboy added all of the Java files, you would certainly be unhappy with the results- if they would load at all. The Core OS files are a big step, and I am pretty sure we won't see these for a while.

By the way, every phone behaves differently - especially different models. All I can say is, so far, most of the folks that followed the directions (fully) seem very happy with everything. Some folks on the S2 are not happy with browser speed, but I am happy with the browser speed now that my OS has settled.
    i didnt mean ALL files, i mean out of the 80 files he has that he has said works perfectly fine and is using them on his own devices with no issue.

these 20 files he added in is only to get the "party started" per his own words.
    06-23-10 01:53 AM
    **plus everyone has been complaining for 7 days now...
    this means in +-another 7 days it will be public domain anywayz
    06-23-10 03:00 AM
    WRONG, its .743
    I think he was talking about the 9000. The base for that is .681.

Installing this hybrid as I type. 5.2 was awesome! Even if this is only marginally better it will be worth it.

Keep up the good work WB!
    06-23-10 12:44 PM
    I think he was talking about the 9000. The base for that is .681.

Installing this hybrid as I type. 5.2 was awesome! Even if this is only marginally better it will be worth it.

Keep up the good work WB!
    my mistake.

i heard 5.2 is great as well.

after about 12 hrs with this and 2 battery pulls to make sure everything is snuff, im having no issues, no memory leaks, all is well so far.
    06-23-10 01:55 PM
    anyone else having an issue with the auto-correct feature while typing? I'm not getting apostrophes included as I type words that used to automatically include them, like don't, can't, etc. They now just remain as dont, cant...

I'm on the 85xx V6 hybrid.
    06-24-10 06:42 AM
    anyone else having an issue with the auto-correct feature while typing? I'm not getting apostrophes included as I type words that used to automatically include them, like don't, can't, etc. They now just remain as dont, cant...

I'm on the 85xx V6 hybrid.
    Nope, it's working here. Did you shrink something you shouldn't?
    06-24-10 10:03 AM
    Is this the version 3 from the website?
    If it is I am running it now and very happy.
    HOWEVER: I saw people complaining about the browser, so I copied all the browser files from Lyrs 748hybrid except the v6 files into to java folder.
    My device is flying!

06-24-10 12:47 PM
170 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD