04-20-10 09:34 AM
    i cant wait to play around with it
    04-20-10 09:39 AM
    I'm interested more by the June/July timeframe. That's when I'm due for an upgrade.

Certainly looks interesting. I fully expect to have a shootout of the iPhone HD, Bold 9650, and HTC Incredible on my hands in a few months.
    04-20-10 09:44 AM
    It hardly looks like an upgrade. Look at the screenshot of the homescreen. How does that look any different than now???
    04-20-10 09:50 AM
    ... I hope this is legit... we should find out in a week from WES... I have a feeling we'll be hearing something big....

now i'm stoked!!!!

(judging from the screenshots - they'll use either a Storm-like device or the fabled Slider to showcase it with... )
    04-20-10 09:52 AM
    It looks great to me. I hope it will work on the 9700.
    04-20-10 09:55 AM
    Ehh. Great but that's it? Hope there's more to it than that. Seems like an evolutionary change rather than a revolutionary one. :-/

BUTTT! I am most excited to see what future devices this will be on.
    04-20-10 09:57 AM
    This is a touchscreen version BB OS. If they came from an ATT source, does this mean that they are getting the Storm 2/3? Also, the ATT source would have to have a touchscreen BB to get the shots. Interesting.
    04-20-10 10:07 AM
    They're pushing a lot of the changes and trends we've seen in consumer devices now. I personally think it's about time. What were you expecting? A widgetized iPhone that shot rainbows and amazing out of the earpiece?

Also..Well, evilhunter beat me to it. If you actually did more than look at it for half a second, you'd notice several (very welcome) changes to the needed Touch UI. I've already seen things that nullify about 200 of the Storm themes out there, because the features are already in this OS Stock. There's no need for 4 hidden docks to make 36 icons pop up, because your app page is on your homescreen (if you want), search is on your homescreen, multi-touch (will the angels finally rejoice for all those that b*tch and moan for friggin multi-touch?!) on your homescreen.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-20-10 at 10:21 AM.
    04-20-10 10:17 AM
    Those saying its not a big change... are you kidding me? this release will have more os changes than the bbos line has had since birth lol... na j/k. but read the article in its entirety if you haven't and you'll understand the changes. Looking just at the pictures you'll definitely think nothing has been done. I thought that at first also.

To forever29, The homescreen doesn't necessarily have to look different to act different. People have been complaining about how the UI works mostly and it looks like that is exactly what has been changed. Now we have different homescreens, thanks to iphone and android, so I suspect there are more things made to be more iphone-like or android-like. If that is so, then the complaints most people have had should be covered. I highly doubt the changes for keyboard devices are as big as the changes for us touch users. If I am right then the release will be very disappointing for most bb users although it makes me wonder, what exactly can they do to a keyboard device's UI if you are stuck with a trackpad/ball?

Now, the device it was on I think was the slider. Reason? Storm series is tied to Verizon and has a bad reputation, yet an ATT rep was showing this OS off supposedly. The only touchscreen device we know of that is not a Storm is the slider. What do y'all think?
    04-20-10 10:18 AM
    What phones will be able to run this OS?
    04-20-10 10:18 AM
    What phones will be able to run this OS?
    My guess is 9550+. Meaning, 9700, 9650, 9800 (or whatever the **** number the slider is) and newer devices.
    04-20-10 10:22 AM
    My guess is 9550+. Meaning, 9700, 9650, 9800 (or whatever the **** number the slider is) and newer devices.
    +1 this is what I'm thinking too, but I hope we are wrong. That leaves quite a few "modern" devices out.
    04-20-10 10:26 AM
    i'm not so sure... it's possible it will only be for the portrait oriented BB's... ie. Storm and Slider... at some point... they can't keep backdating... although *portions* could be implemented for the landscape devices (9700, 9650)... like webkit browser, media player, refreshed inbox.... that would be nice!

i'm sure we'll learn a ton more next week from WES
    04-20-10 10:27 AM
    Loved my bold 9000. But if OS 6.0 can't run on it, I'll be looking to upgrade to a 9700 or a Storm 2
    04-20-10 10:28 AM
    I can't put my finger on it but RIM is missing something with there phone. I loved the pearl and the storm as I had both. I've upgraded to droid and it really is a step above RIMs phone. It sounds promising and I hope they do something that will bring me back to them. As of now I would only want the phone for BBM but a lot of my friends and family don't carry blackberries anymore and I personally think its because they are really missing making the phone fun to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 10:29 AM
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OK, I'm officially jazzed....can't wait.
    04-20-10 10:30 AM
    It would be nice to see how it looks/works on a non-touchscreen phone. You know, the kind that most of us BB users have?

I'd like to get excited about this, but nothing they mention in that article relates to me because touching or flicking my screen doesn't do a damned thing.

Yes, I know my 8100 will never get OS 6 (it can't even do 5). But I plan to get the 9100 when it comes out - and it supposedly will work with 6.

04-20-10 10:32 AM
    I can't put my finger on it but RIM is missing something with there phone. I loved the pearl and the storm as I had both. I've upgraded to droid and it really is a step above RIMs phone. It sounds promising and I hope they do something that will bring me back to them. As of now I would only want the phone for BBM but a lot of my friends and family don't carry blackberries anymore and I personally think its because they are really missing making the phone fun to have.

Let me ask you this: if they gave us more app memory and/or a way to save apps to other parts of the phone, along with the changes shown, AND a ton of apps like android/iphone have would you come back?

The way I see it the lack of apps and the lack of app memory are now the only things holding back the BBOS, other than that it has all the features of other OS's and just looks different than those.
    04-20-10 10:33 AM
    Im diggin those tabs.
    04-20-10 10:34 AM
    So a June/July timeframe means more like December/January?
    04-20-10 10:36 AM
    All I want is the new browser and to be able to save and run apps for mem card!
    04-20-10 10:37 AM
    it looks the same. whats so new that makes this awesome?
    It would be nice to see how it looks/works on a non-touchscreen phone. You know, the kind that most of us BB users have?

I'd like to get excited about this, but nothing they mention in that article relates to me because touching or flicking my screen doesn't do a damned thing.

Yes, I know my 8100 will never get OS 6 (it can't even do 5). But I plan to get the 9100 when it comes out - and it supposedly will work with 6.

Maybe, and this would be great if they did it, but just maybe RIM could use the trackpad somehow for gestures similar to a touchscreen. Like if you swipe fast enough while looking through your texts it could kinetic scroll and rubberband to the top or bottom? I think that could be a slight possibility and something neat for you non-touch users but they'd need an option to turn it off for those who won't like it.
    I'd expect every device (probably not the Tour since it's EOL right now) with 256mb of memory to run that.
    04-20-10 10:39 AM
671 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD