Ok. This is my first BB device. I've had it for about two months. I see that Bell Mobility has released an official OS5 for my device. (However I have AT&T). From what I understand I can still use the Bell release, correct?
    Finally, I'm DAMN happy right now. Is it worth the trouble to upgrade? Or should I just wait on AT&T's release?
    Thanks.
    01-06-10 01:09 AM
    i believe that you should wait for ATT or a Rogers release. i have heard and read that there are some bugs on this release. Also it does not have visual voice mail available. there are fixes to these issues, but IMHO i would wait. it was an easy upgrade process and it did help boot the devie up quickly, but just having those issues is a cause for concern. hope this helps
    01-06-10 01:12 AM
    Thanks. All opinions are appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 01:15 AM
    There. Is no difference between carrier X .411 release and carrier Y .411 release. If you want to see how 5.0 is the just put in on your phone already. If you don't like it than just take it off. And if you want to know about known bugs and possible fixes the look in the Beta/OS forum, where you'll find threads that are 100's of pages long and full of great info.

01-06-10 06:11 AM
    i believe that you should wait for ATT or a Rogers release. i have heard and read that there are some bugs on this release. Also it does not have visual voice mail available. there are fixes to these issues, but IMHO i would wait. it was an easy upgrade process and it did help boot the devie up quickly, but just having those issues is a cause for concern. hope this helps
    Here is the link for the VVM fix. http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/bol...3/#post3921989
    01-06-10 11:59 AM
    If you're waiting for AT&T to release 5.0 you'll be waiting for quite some time. Seriously, there's not one bit of difference between the leaked version and the official version, except whatever AT&T decides to take off so they can charge you extra for it.

01-06-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD