I'm not an expert or anything but while I agree with everyone that .238 is the best OS5 beta, .238 itself is not perfect. My Roger's 9000 has crappy signal with .238 (drops calls constantly) even when my phone has more-than-adequate reception. Also SMS on .238 is also very shoddy at best. You can't SMS from contacts, it shows duplicate threaded bodies for the same contact, and it won't let you delete ALL prior SMSs at once. You have to do them one-by-one. It appears people with AT&T branded Bolds don't have this issue.

.314? Appears very small percentage of people have no issues but most experience reboots as I did

.348? Running fine on my Rogers unlocked 9000 on T-Mobile USA. I did have issues accessing Blackberry App World--wouldn't let me download apps it said "This app is not available for download" even though on .238 or any other OS--it is! It also rebooted on me when trying to download Facebook from the browser two times in a row. 3rd time worked. Since then, no reboots. I still don't trust it until official 5.0 is out.

So I think depending on which brand Bold you have, we'll all get different results with these OS5 betas. I want OS5 official to be here already so we can all stop having all these silly issues with these phones. it's driving me nuts already
    11-12-09 09:45 AM
    I want OS5 official to be here already so we can all stop having all these silly issues with these phones. it's driving me nuts already
    While we have had the ability to load other carrier's official releases onto our BB's by deleting the vendor.xml file, it could also be that an official release will not work on your BB.

The current 5.0.0.348 leak could theoretically pass all carrier tests by say, Rogers, and be released officially. Except, as we know from recent posts, 5.0.0.348 has a problem on AT&T phones.

Of course we would not like to see that scenario but it is a "definite possibility", heh; after all it may pass that carrier's tests.
    11-12-09 11:24 AM
    I'm not an expert or anything but while I agree with everyone that .238 is the best OS5 beta, .238 itself is not perfect. My Roger's 9000 has crappy signal with .238 (drops calls constantly) even when my phone has more-than-adequate reception. Also SMS on .238 is also very shoddy at best. You can't SMS from contacts, it shows duplicate threaded bodies for the same contact, and it won't let you delete ALL prior SMSs at once. You have to do them one-by-one. It appears people with AT&T branded Bolds don't have this issue.

.314? Appears very small percentage of people have no issues but most experience reboots as I did

.348? Running fine on my Rogers unlocked 9000 on T-Mobile USA. I did have issues accessing Blackberry App World--wouldn't let me download apps it said "This app is not available for download" even though on .238 or any other OS--it is! It also rebooted on me when trying to download Facebook from the browser two times in a row. 3rd time worked. Since then, no reboots. I still don't trust it until official 5.0 is out.

So I think depending on which brand Bold you have, we'll all get different results with these OS5 betas. I want OS5 official to be here already so we can all stop having all these silly issues with these phones. it's driving me nuts already
    I agree !!! OS .348 has a problem with facebook 1.7 !!! I also had 2 reboots with FB !! Otherwise the build is quite decent !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD