04-17-12 02:44 AM
609 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I activated on BES a few hours ago without a problem. After installing the OS i just plugged into the DM on my work computer.

Hmm ok must just be my bad luck.
    12-21-09 10:29 AM
    Having trouble setting ringtones and SMS alerts for individual contacts on .419/.428. Just wants to play the default alert. Anyone else having this problem?
    12-21-09 01:04 PM
    3 pages and only one post on findings and fixes-that of GpCaptMandrake. Let's get some specifics about how this OS works please.
    12-21-09 02:11 PM
    I'm on the official .419 I got from here:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...027FA84709689E.

Only been running it for about an hour and so far so good. Hopefully it won't get all wonky once it settles in.

Dimming bug gone!

Pop up keys are back and redesigned to look/function better.

Fast keyboard. No lag yet.

+3 more MB startup memory than 328.

Long boot up time. Just over 3 minutes

Anyone notice the different UI in Opera Mini 4.2 ? It seems to be having trouble rendering pages too. Once a page loads it doesn't properly display until you touch the screen. This issue is only in 4.2 not ver. 5. I'd post a screen shot but while Opera is open it's not allowing me to grab one.

It's about time we got something for the 9530!
    12-21-09 02:16 PM
    I had a problem after booting up where when I went to reply to an email it would not let me send it...

I had this problem intermittently in the past

All I could do was save drafts of the reply...

Eventually I just copied what I wrote, composed a new email, and pasted it in order to send it.

Anyone have this issue or no why it happens or how to get around it?
    12-21-09 02:48 PM
    I had a problem after booting up where when I went to reply to an email it would not let me send it...

I had this problem intermittently in the past

All I could do was save drafts of the reply...

Eventually I just copied what I wrote, composed a new email, and pasted it in order to send it.

Anyone have this issue or no why it happens or how to get around it?
    I've had this happen randomly on previous OSs but not this one yet so I don't think it's specific to .419
    12-21-09 03:06 PM
    Is anyone having issues with themes on .428? I have Elle WB today, and I am having all sorts of issues. For starters, most of my 3d party apps did not reload, yes they were backed up. But for some reason, my wallpaper is always showing using this theme. No matter what I click on, it still shows, but I get a black box around the selected or hovered choice. Odd.
    No problem with themes or 3rd party apps here. Only issue I have noticed so far is the speed dial issue.
    12-21-09 03:12 PM
    Getting some strange black bars across my screen in SMS, happens whenever I flick scroll up or down, and with every thread. Just updated with .419 official, no themes running, and very few apps. Oh yeah, and I've done 2 battery pulls of over 2 minutes
    Last edited by Klempenski; 12-21-09 at 04:40 PM.
    12-21-09 04:36 PM
    go to options>sms text and change conversation type to stripes and should clear them out for you.

Getting some strange black bars across my screen in SMS, happens whenever I flick scroll up or down, and with every thread. Just updated with .419 official, no themes running, and very few apps.
    12-21-09 04:40 PM
    Thank you!!
    12-21-09 04:41 PM
    Stereo bluetooth connection still borked. Geez! You would think it would have been straightened out by now. From 328 to 419. sheesh!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 04:46 PM
    Wiped and reloaded.......still can't get individual contact ringtones and SMS alerts to work. I only get the default. Anyone else have this problem??? Am I missing something!
    12-21-09 04:54 PM
    What I noticed in past 30 mins running it.
    No more screen dimming
    pop up keys are back
    Has not dropped any on memory
    camera actually has some better zoom again

Keyboard auto hides when u open sms ( don't know about everyone but I like that)

I have yet to discover any flaws
    12-21-09 05:05 PM
    omg this verson is awesome!!!!
    pop up keys (there back)
    faster response to everything and smoother
    faster bootup.
    that is it for now time to test the apps
    12-21-09 05:16 PM
    how did u guys get to load on your storm.. app loader is stuck on restore device data.it has been stuck on trying to restore BB groups for the past 30 min... don't know wat to do. help me
    12-21-09 05:25 PM
    I just slapped .419 on my device (the "official" MTS version). I found that the BerryWeather home screen wallpaper isn't showing. I've checked the options under BW2 and it's set to display as home screen wallpaper. I unchecked and saved and then checked the box again and saved, still not showing. Anyone else have this issue?

-->>> I did another reboot, seems to have fixed the problem. Strange, that was my third reboot, but this time was a full battery pull.
    Last edited by Bob61; 12-21-09 at 05:31 PM.
    12-21-09 05:26 PM
    got this knocked out in 12 mins. when i first started up i tested the keyboard. wow, alot of improvement. i type fast so as u can imagine i would have alot of typos with the storm keyboard. with this new os i have zero typos. i likes.

not really into installing anything where i had to make any changes. with anything electronical it messes with ur electrics using things thats not intended for it. i like this os, and i cant wait for verizon to come out with an official version.
    12-21-09 05:38 PM
    New bug for me. Sometimes the keyboard will auto hide when typing on a browser page. It happened wen I was trying to type this comment...

12-21-09 05:47 PM
    Only thing I have noticed that I don't care for too much is...

Everytime I load an app back on from BBSAK my radio shuts off
    There are black squiggly lines on ur SMS when u try to read them
    And when you open an SMS the menu automatically opens to check next unopened, but I do not have any..hmm weird
    12-21-09 05:47 PM
    Stereo bluetooth connection still borked. Geez! You would think it would have been straightened out by now. From 328 to 419. sheesh!

What's wrong with stereo bluetooth? I'm using it right now (Motorola S9). It works perfectly. Now I had an issue with one of the hybrids where the sound was kind of screwed up almost like there was an attempt at some kind of artificial surround sound processing, but going back to 328 fixed it. I'm going to upgrade to .419 tonight. Hopefully the problem doesn't return.

Is it possible that your headset is the issue?
    12-21-09 06:15 PM
    Only thing I have noticed that I don't care for too much is...

Everytime I load an app back on from BBSAK my radio shuts off
    There are black squiggly lines on ur SMS when u try to read them
    And when you open an SMS the menu automatically opens to check next unopened, but I do not have any..hmm weird
    options - sms text - change bubbles to stripes...black lines gone (few posts up)
    12-21-09 06:15 PM
    Not sure if this is actually a fix or not, but so far since upgrading to Lyricidal's 419/428 hybrid, I have not had to do the disable/enable song aand dance 3 times before getting EDGE on my unlocked storm on ATT.
    12-21-09 06:17 PM
    options - sms text - change bubbles to stripes...black lines gone (few posts up)
    Nice... Appreciate it
    12-21-09 06:23 PM
    Wow...No memory leak on my themes yet
    12-21-09 06:25 PM
    New bug for me. Sometimes the keyboard will auto hide when typing on a browser page. It happened wen I was trying to type this comment...

Had the same exact thing happen to me. Matter of fact, I think I went to retype the message and add that to my comments, but ran into a problem. Only happened once so far though....

Running 419/418 hybrid over 328. About to wipe and start from scratch.
    12-21-09 07:22 PM
609 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD