04-17-12 02:44 AM
609 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Not to my knowledge. Unless it was in another hybrid I didn't try.
    12-19-09 09:58 AM
    I just opened up Opera Mini 4.2.... and it now has a menu bar at the bottom of the screen with "Menu", a clock, and "Back"..... It's never been there before... there are also some new options in the settings menu..

It seem that the os for Storm 1 and 2 are slightly more compatible with Opera.
    The opera on my S2 has the same options.
    12-19-09 10:19 AM
    Not to my knowledge. Unless it was in another hybrid I didn't try.
    I have never used a hybrid and I've had that feature for "awhile" now.
    12-19-09 10:31 AM
    Ok if I don't want to load a hybird can I straight up load .419 ? It seems people are having trouble doing so

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 10:34 AM
    should i get 419 or 428?
    12-19-09 10:43 AM
    OK, I'm still having problems with stereo bluetooth when playing some videos (frame drop, sound gets ahead of video...). Not the end of the world, but still frustrating since this was never a problem in 4.7.

I just discovered that my text and email messages did not restore from the backup for some reason. Not a big deal for me, but might have been if it were someone else...

StormSlider is having issues with this OS and keeps activating itself at random. Have set permissions to allow and done numerous reboots and it's still acting up. Guess I'll bug DMG about this.

There are definitely improvements over .328 (so far), most notable of course is the lack of the dimming problem and the return of the pop-ups.

I noticed that the browser seems to be rendering pages better than before. Can't say if it's faster or not though.

I also managed to get an extra 4MB of memory somehow in this upgrade.

BTW, I installed the straight .419.
    Until an official exe comes out, this release will definitely be gay.
    12-19-09 11:20 AM
    should i get 419 or 428?
    How would you get 428? The 419 thread lists 419, 425, and 428 but the download is only 419.

12-19-09 11:21 AM
    How would you get 428? The 419 thread lists 419, 425, and 428 but the download is only 419.

Within the installer are the options to select .419, .425, or .428.
    12-19-09 11:29 AM
    I'm running .419. App memory is significantly greater! I boot with 39 versus 28 on .328 (same apps)

Few things I've noticed...

-Multitouch typing is gone
    I NEED THIS! (Someone mentioned it before...yes, .328 DID have multitouch typing. When you press & click a letter, you can tap the next letter without clicking and it will show up when you depress the screen. This was a huge improvement.)
    -All SMS conversations have their transitions!
    For me, only the 1st one would "slide"

There seems to be slight color banding...maybe it's just me, but the new blue highlight looks good, but also grainy and badly dithered.

Pictures are still grainy until you zoom in
    SMS conversations are still jerky to scroll through

Obviously the popup keys are here, and so is the SMS black line bug.
    Last edited by aubinhick990; 12-19-09 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Edited for clarification on photo grainiess
    12-19-09 12:04 PM
    Picture thumbnails are still grainy

They are that way on purpose. its so it loads faster. when you select it it should "smooth out"
    Last edited by TheBr0ken; 12-19-09 at 12:13 PM.
    12-19-09 12:09 PM
    They are that way on purpose. its so it loads faster. when you select it it should "smooth out"
    Yeah, but I meant the thumbnails when you select it. It's still [badly] compressed. You have to zoom in at least 1 level to see the quality.
    12-19-09 12:18 PM
    What are you talking about?! lol... MOST people are thrilled that the keyboard no longer pops up automatically!
    I'm one of the thrilled ones! Hated having to close the keyboard to read a new message! That and fixing the dimming problem was a very nice Christmas present! Thanks RIM and whoever leaked this!
    12-19-09 12:26 PM
    Transitions seem consistently smooth, no signs of portrait/landscape glitchs/ghost buttons.
    Browser is faster, no doubt.
    I like the extra highlight on the keyboard.

Speed dial not working with all numbers? can anyone else confirm?
    SMS lines not as bad as jumping to top of conversation bug in .230, but still not right.
    Glitch where picture of previous call breifly shows up on next call still there.

I'm sure there will be more blues and reds to come, but for now, just happy to try out a new radio.
    BTW, I loaded straight .419 CDMA and Java over .328.
    12-19-09 12:44 PM
    Has anyone update the roaming capabilities by *228 option 2? For some reason I am thinking that my signal was stronger before I did that. Maybe I am wrong about that. Anyone confirm that?
    12-19-09 12:54 PM
    Has anyone update the roaming capabilities by *228 option 2? For some reason I am thinking that my signal was stronger before I did that. Maybe I am wrong about that. Anyone confirm that?
    I did a *228 after installing .419, but haven't noticed a difference.
    12-19-09 01:42 PM
    Maybe it is just me. Definitely fater and better signal than 328/428 hybrid. Battery holding fine too.

I did a *228 after installing .419, but haven't noticed a difference.
    12-19-09 02:10 PM
    Until an official exe comes out, this release will definitely be gay.
    LOL, not that there's anything wrong with that...

And I will get the straight version then when it droos, but for now I'm OK with the gay one...lol!

BTW, so I stay on topic:

Memory is holding steady for me at 26MB. Boot at 27. So far so good there...

12-19-09 02:20 PM
    Yeah, but I meant the thumbnails when you select it. It's still [badly] compressed. You have to zoom in at least 1 level to see the quality.
    Yeah, I'm still having that problem, too. Have had it on all the 5.x OS's. You click on a thumbnail to view the picture fit to your screen and it's still grainy. You have to tap on the image to zoom in one, like you said, for the photo to appear clear and sharp (provided it was that way when you took the picture )

I've tried deleting the thumbnail dat files on my SD card and that will make the thumbnails and pictures when fit to the screen appear clear until the next reboot or battery pull.
    12-19-09 02:31 PM
    Will this work on vzw network?

12-19-09 02:56 PM
    I don't know if this was there before, it may have been and I just didn't notice it since I don't ever go into the maps options but there is now a wireless synchronize option. Has this always been there? Its greyed out for me so is it BES only? And what exactly does it sync?

12-19-09 03:10 PM
    Are the links working in SMS message and emails consistently?
    12-19-09 03:46 PM
    Will this work on vzw network?

Yes of course
    12-19-09 04:02 PM
    Yup everyone moved on no one cares anymore. There never gonna get this thing right no matter how many os they leak
    12-19-09 04:51 PM
    I think the Storm is getting pretty close to being done. I had the Droid for almost a month and that is not perfect either so I went beck to the Storm.

And know it was not too much phone for me before anyone says that. It was just not doing what it was supposed to do for me on the business side.

Yup everyone moved on no one cares anymore. There never gonna get this thing right no matter how many os they leak
    12-19-09 05:20 PM
    I have never used a hybrid and I've had that feature for "awhile" now.
    Wasn't in the official .328 so I don't see how.
    12-19-09 05:44 PM
609 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD