Funny Thing...Speed Dial # for Voice Mail is traditionally 1. However it doesn't work with .419. HOWEVER, 9 works for Voice Mail Speed Dial when I select that number.
    Go Figure!
    12-24-09 02:13 PM
    quickpull 3.6.4 works fine with this os
    12-24-09 02:20 PM
    I've been running .419 for a few days and WB and BB Browser are definitely quicker to load than in .328. Pop up keys are nice as well.
    One small problem that I have noticed. I use the "Today" Layout as I like to view Calendar and tasks on my home screen, even though it only shows the next two items. The problem is that Tasks are no longer showing up, just Calendar events. If I go in to my Calendar the Tasks are listed but they do not show on the home screen.
    Anyone else notice this?
    12-24-09 02:23 PM
    I learned a little trick a while back that can help everyone with quickpull issues.
    1) Delete quickpull, you dont need it.
    2) Hit green send button on phone and dial ##000000 hit green send button.
    3) Scroll down to SIP Password:
    4) Enter vzw
    5) Click BB button and click save.
    Phone will reset. No need for quickpull anymore.
    That is a nice little trick, but I like the fact that with quickpull it only takes 2 clicks to reset the phone. And also that I can schedule it to reset each night at 4am.

Also, in reply to the earlier post by Brummer, I think it was shown a while back that many people can get different results on their devices. Just because one person sees an issue and another person doesn't see it, doesn't mean that they are idiots that cannot follow instuctions. Case in point, I've also followed those same instructions every time and have never had an error or problem when loading a new OS, but I do have speed dial issues that several other people have reported as well. So a lot of factors from specific applications loaded, to number of applications loaded, to custom themes vs. default theme, etc. can play a part in what issues can crop up on different devices with the same OS version.

User error can be very common, but generalizing that others, with issues that you don't have, are idiots is just plain obnoxious. It's very nice for you that your phone works almost perfectly, but there are still issues in this OS that need to be addressed by RIM and cannot be blamed on plain user error.
    12-24-09 02:27 PM
    Change the swipe sensitivity one step lower. If you drag your finger even the slightest it registers as a down swipe and the keyboard drops. Maybe making it less sensitive might help. Worked for me

Also if you are having so many issues you might wanna reload. I don't have ANY of the problems ur having. Bad install maybe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried that but i

12-24-09 02:32 PM
    Change the swipe sensitivity one step lower. If you drag your finger even the slightest it registers as a down swipe and the keyboard drops. Maybe making it less sensitive might help. Worked for me

Also if you are having so many issues you might wanna reload. I don't have ANY of the problems ur having. Bad install maybe?

I tried that but it still auto hides. I have re installed the os 3 times and It still happens.

12-24-09 02:33 PM
    Irk why bit does this slot I even

12-24-09 02:34 PM
    I've been running .419 for a few days and WB and BB Browser are definitely quicker to load than in .328. Pop up keys are nice as well.
    One small problem that I have noticed. I use the "Today" Layout as I like to view Calendar and tasks on my home screen, even though it only shows the next two items. The problem is that Tasks are no longer showing up, just Calendar events. If I go in to my Calendar the Tasks are listed but they do not show on the home screen.
    Anyone else notice this?
    You have to hit options while in your calendar and click show tasks.

Edit: Nevermind. I missunderstood what you were saying and I see the bug now.
    Last edited by MonsterInaBox; 12-24-09 at 04:45 PM.
    12-24-09 04:38 PM
    Since going to 419 all my SMS are showing up in the same thread/contact. I can't tell who I'm really conversing with. I've done multple battery pulls and deleted old texts to no avail.

Anyone else experiencing this?

12-24-09 07:35 PM
    Since going to 419 all my SMS are showing up in the same thread/contact. I can't tell who I'm really conversing with. I've done multple battery pulls and deleted old texts to no avail.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Like I just posted in your thread, I am too...Seems like we're the only two...I'm about to flip out it just happened again so I hadda make an account on xmas eve...Can't delete the merged message, have to go into desktop manager and clear the SMS database.....What bull****
    12-24-09 07:59 PM
    I put into "bedtime" mode last night and phone wouldn't go into "bedtime" mode. Anyone having problem with "bedtime" mode?
    12-24-09 09:32 PM
    I am probably going back to .328 as this is what I have noticed:

GPS seems to locate faster better for weatherbug, google maps, etc.

Memory management maybe slightly improved

Dimming bug seems to be resolved.

Issues clicking text web links in messages seems to be corrected

4.7 themes work better having black bars in landscape instead of white and having no tearing of icons when scrolling.

Voice Dialing is better

I don't really care for pop up keys or the new glow either way

Multi touch typing gone

Keyboard keeps hiding all the time when typing quickly in the browser

Speed Dial is hosed with only a few working and voicemail dialing on 9 instead of 1

12-24-09 10:50 PM
    I am probably going back to .328 as this is what I have noticed:

GPS seems to locate faster better for weatherbug, google maps, etc.

Memory management maybe slightly improved

Dimming bug seems to be resolved.

Issues clicking text web links in messages seems to be corrected

4.7 themes work better having black bars in landscape instead of white and having no tearing of icons when scrolling.

Voice Dialing is better

I don't really care for pop up keys or the new glow either way

Multi touch typing gone

Keyboard keeps hiding all the time when typing quickly in the browser

Speed Dial is hosed with only a few working and voicemail dialing on 9 instead of 1

The keyboard hiding, options->screen/keyboard, change swipe sensitivity and that fixes the problem.

What is multi touch typing? I don't seem to miss it...
    But Speed dial... that one really pisses me off, since I use it all the time.
    12-24-09 11:48 PM
    does anyone facing problem with the call waiting???? I have 5.0.0.419 and i am using 9530. i didn't see the call waiting option in .328 nor .419 if someone know how to fix it lemme know plzzzzzzzzzzz
    12-25-09 12:14 AM
    The keyboard hiding, options->screen/keyboard, change swipe sensitivity and that fixes the problem.

What is multi touch typing? I don't seem to miss it...
    But Speed dial... that one really pisses me off, since I use it all the time.
    I just tried it with swipe sensitivity set to zero and it still happened at least once each time I tried to type out a post. Zero sensitivity really screws up other swipe functions too.

12-25-09 02:21 AM
    Hmm, I must be one o the lucky ones cause, God forbid, I haven't had any of these issues anyone else is having - keyboard, speed dial, and sms. The only issue that I really have is the screen dimming, still there even when I have the setting turned off.

BTW, I'm running the straight exe .419 pre-shrunk.

12-25-09 02:54 AM
    Like I just posted in your thread, I am too...Seems like we're the only two...I'm about to flip out it just happened again so I hadda make an account on xmas eve...Can't delete the merged message, have to go into desktop manager and clear the SMS database.....What bull****
    How crazy. Same thing here...unable to delete the message...

How do I clear the SMS database...through DM?

If this keeps up I'll have to downgrade.

12-25-09 08:36 AM
    How crazy. Same thing here...unable to delete the message...

How do I clear the SMS database...through DM?

If this keeps up I'll have to downgrade.

Click backup & restore, advanced, on the box on the right scroll down to SMS and click clear
    12-25-09 11:25 AM
    I've found that I have more consistent signal strength if my network settings at Automatic and Global. On my Curve I was better off keeping it at Home Only.

Still lovin 419/428

12-25-09 11:50 AM
    Loaded .419 on my 9530 and it is working great. Yes the voice dial is working now, something I missed in .328.

Overall I like the changes since I purchased the Storm in October. The old 4.0.0 which came with the unit was junk! These 5.0 updates have made my Storm a usable piece of hardware.

- Memory is steady
    - Berryweather works great
    - Music and videos play perfect.
    - The download was flawless.
    - I like the bigger blue glow and pop-up text.
    - SMS not defaulting opening up with the keyboard is a great idea.

Please keep improving the OS!

Thanks to all!
    12-25-09 12:14 PM
    i really miss the multi touch typing.. most guys dont miss it because they didnt even realize they had it.. i type a bit fast so i noticed the difference with this OS.. hope they bring it back in a hybrid or something...
    12-25-09 03:14 PM
    I already went back to .328 texing sometimes show and black line with text I sent. when I click the black line it go away so Im done with that lol
    12-25-09 05:53 PM
    I'm not sure if this is a new feature but when I was using sms to text someone, I received a little pop up with a message from one of my friends who sent me a text while I was typing. It had his message and the name of who sent the text. Thought that was pretty cool.

12-25-09 05:53 PM
    I put into "bedtime" mode last night and phone wouldn't go into "bedtime" mode. Anyone having problem with "bedtime" mode?

I dock my Storm every evening and put in in Bedside mode (I use it in my bedroom as an alarm clock). I am on the .419/.428 hybrid and have not experienced a problem with Bedside Mode. The phone dims and the radio turns off.
    12-25-09 06:22 PM
    After the update my mobile banking application stopped working (ver 4.0). I get "Error: Certificate not issued from expected source. The application is currently in offline mode." Tried deleting, reinstalling and reactivating and no dice.
    I'm having the same issue.....I would REALLY like to get it fixed! Anybody know anything to do to remedy this error or can explain to me what is happening (in dumb guy terms of course)
    12-25-09 07:10 PM
609 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD