04-17-12 02:44 AM
609 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    anyone have a weak radio signal??
    12-23-09 09:08 AM
    Check again today and see. The outage yesterday may have caused some app's to continues attempt to get network info, which will cause an increase in battery drain. I noticed a huge battery drain during the outage, but not before it.
    I lose 1 -3% per hour per MeterBerry. From 4-6AM the battery didn't drop at all. The outage no no affect on my discharge rate.
    12-23-09 09:19 AM
    I just discovered last night that my phone easily switches between portrait and landscape while talking on the phone, and when in landscape it defaults to speakerphone, so if I move around a bit while on the phone I switch between speakerphone and the phone.
    12-23-09 09:20 AM
    Ok has anyways been having any video glitch wth there upgade???? Eg. Graphic rfreshing? Every thing ?? LaGgy and major memory leak ? I don't know battery life drining ??? Keyboard closing while typing fast in brswer???????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 09:32 AM
    I just discovered last night that my phone easily switches between portrait and landscape while talking on the phone, and when in landscape it defaults to speakerphone, so if I move around a bit while on the phone I switch between speakerphone and the phone.
    I'm not seeing that behavior. My phone stays in portrait mode no matter how its held during a call.

12-23-09 09:34 AM
    I'm still having the blank SMS message show up every once in a while, but only for one certain contact.
    12-23-09 09:41 AM
    I have been running .419 for about 24 hours and I have to say so far it is better than .328. My memory has been stable at 25mb from start up and the battery seems the same or a bit better, I have not charged since yesterday on the extended battery and it has just moved off the first half bar. It seems more responsive and all around more stable. I was doing a batter pull once every 2 or 3 days because of memory drain, and so far I have not had it drain at all.

Bad, the BB Browser seems sluggish at times
    . I am going to try Opera 5 and see how that works. The BB Browser just seems to hang sometimes, but other than that no real issues. I am glad to be off .328 so far!
    12-23-09 09:42 AM
    Blue highlights have always been there when using the keyboard. The storm 1 doesnt have multitouch.
    Storm has a form of multitouch typing. (as of .323 or somewhere around there)

Whichever letter you are touching when you click down is registered AS WELL AS whichever letter you are touching while the click releases. So the effect is that of having two letters entered for every click of the screen.
    12-23-09 10:32 AM
    Blue highlights have always been there when using the keyboard. The storm 1 doesnt have multitouch.
    Did they have it in 328?????????

12-23-09 10:39 AM
    Got this downloaded and installed no problems at all with that part.

I am having an issue with my theme Appleberry Suite. With .328 I would do the layout trick to get rid of the white bars on each side of the wallpaper. Easy enough.

With .419 my wallpaper is shrunk down with black bars on each side when viewed in landscape mode. If I view in portrait the wallpaper covers 95% with just a sliver of black at the bottom of the screen.

If I do the layout trick it turns the entire background white in landscape mode. Bizarre.

I've tried rebooting and a battery pull with no luck fixing it. I'll just keep trying and if I solve it I'll post here what I did for anyone else with this problem.
    12-23-09 10:40 AM

Whichever letter you are touching when you click down is registered AS WELL AS whichever letter you are touching while the click releases. So the effect is that of having two letters entered for every click of the screen.
    Did thid work in 328?? Cause I thinking of going back I also can't stand the keyboard closing in me when I type too fast

12-23-09 10:41 AM

Ok this is real easy. The s1 does not have multitouch anywhere. Being able to once every so often to get 2 buttons to click on the same movement and true multitouch are 2 totally different things completely.
    12-23-09 11:01 AM
    Did thid work in 328?? Cause I thinking of going back I also can't stand the keyboard closing in me when I type too fast

Yep. I'm thinking of going back to .328 for this myself.

Ok this is real easy. The s1 does not have multitouch anywhere. Being able to once every so often to get 2 buttons to click on the same movement and true multitouch are 2 totally different things completely.
    this is why i said a "a form of multitouch typing"

Since it effectively doubles your typing speed not having to wait for the screen to click back up before entering a second command, it is a VERY VERY VERY useful feature. This was a nice work around for the storms single click mechanism being a hindrance to faster typing.
    12-23-09 11:14 AM
    Yep. I'm thinking of going back to .328 for this myself.

this is why i said a "a form of multitouch typing"

Since it effectively doubles your typing speed not having to wait for the screen to click back up before entering a second command, it is a VERY VERY VERY useful feature. This was a nice work around for the storms single click mechanism being a hindrance to faster typing.
    Yea ive read plenty of threads about it already. Me personally have not noticed that much of a difference. I sms and email alot and my typing seems fine. For me its always more about making sure certain settings are enabled or disabled and that makes the biggest difference in typing. But again i have read about what your saying. Its just funny when the subject comes up and the word "MULTITOUCH" starts flying around that you'll always get a bunch that think the storm has it now, or had it.( like ya wouldnt notice true multitouch) LOL
    12-23-09 11:44 AM
    These black lines in the SMS threads are atrocious!!! Is there some sort of fix for this???

The shortcut to erase all input (number then backspace) in a field is gone! BOOO!!
    12-23-09 11:52 AM
    Ok have another issue. Left side convenience key is set for Virtual Keyboard.

Press it in portrait and up comes the keyboard. Perfect.

Press it in landscape and nothing happens. Not perfect.
    12-23-09 12:18 PM
    Options>SMS text change conversation type to stripes

These black lines in the SMS threads are atrocious!!! Is there some sort of fix for this???

The shortcut to erase all input (number then backspace) in a field is gone! BOOO!!
    12-23-09 12:18 PM
    ok I going to remove 419 now.
    my reasons
    1. the browser typing keyboard closes by self while trying to type really fast.

2. battery life sucks big time battery drain i (unpluged my phone 7:30am this morning and it 10:30 now battery is at 75% and this is with my normal day to day use i have not done anything extra normally my battery at 95% by time time with more use for the that matter even with 3 battery pulls.

3. graphic glitchy and when using other themes as well.

4. sms icon dont clear and they also have graphic glitch as well.

5. memory dont hold.

6. the talk button on the headset dont active the music anymore.

7. speed dial dont work anymore. eg. voicemail.

8. phone really lags when trying to do stuff on it sometimes.

9. phone lag when trying to wake for sleep mode.

10. messages dont delete when i delete them sometimes.

this is my 10 reason why i going back to .328

what is yours?
    12-23-09 12:37 PM
    I downloaded yesterday and did not have one single issue with the update. All 3rd party apps (berrybuzz, QL, berryweather, accelodex, aerize alerts, eReader, fandango, girlpro, google maps, meterberry, opentable, stormlock, urbanspoon, yelp and zagat) work and were restored flawlessly as well as calendar, contacts, saved messages (sms & email) and user settings.

Changes I have noticed:
    • increased memory about 2megs
    • pop-up keys
    • pop-up words for items in message list menu (could have been there before but honesty do not remember)
    • keyboard does not automatically show when texting so you can see more of the threaded message, as soon as you press in the reply message field the keyboard shows
    • GPS options - I could have sworn there were two location aiding options yesterday but today there is just one
    • no more dimming in landscape
    • quicker transitions from portrait to landscape
    • when on a call there is a box under the volume indicator with either 5 "x" or "+" in it not sure if I have seen this before and you can not click on it.

Notes - be sure in the options menu under SMS to change to set it to stripes - this eliminates the black lines when flick scrolling.

Hope this helps!
    12-23-09 12:38 PM
    I am going back to .328 I think. Keep running into more and more quirks with .419. Might be my storm, might be verizon, might be something else, but other than the memory leak .328 was not causing the hassles .419 is.
    12-23-09 12:38 PM
    I like that the quick erase shortcut (# then backspace) is no longer there, I deleted so many messages by accident typing fast.
    12-23-09 12:41 PM
    ok I going to remove 419 now.
    my reasons
    1. the browser typing keyboard closes by self while trying to type really fast.

2. battery life sucks big time battery drain i (unpluged my phone 7:30am this morning and it 10:30 now battery is at 75% and this is with my normal day to day use i have not done anything extra normally my battery at 95% by time time with more use for the that matter even with 3 battery pulls.

3. graphic glitchy and when using other themes as well.

4. sms icon dont clear and they also have graphic glitch as well.

5. memory dont hold.

6. the talk button on the headset dont active the music anymore.

7. speed dial dont work anymore. eg. voicemail.

8. phone really lags when trying to do stuff on it sometimes.

9. phone lag when trying to wake for sleep mode.

10. messages dont delete when i delete them sometimes.

this is my 10 reason why i going back to .328

what is yours?
    anyone has a fix for any of these so i can stay with .419 someone give me 10 reason to stay with this build before i go and reinstall .328!!
    12-23-09 12:42 PM
    I have not had one of these issues, my update went off without a hitch, well minus the huge RIM outage in North America.
    12-23-09 12:43 PM
    Options>SMS text change conversation type to stripes
    I downloaded yesterday and did not have one single issue with the update. All 3rd party apps (berrybuzz, QL, berryweather, accelodex, aerize alerts, eReader, fandango, girlpro, google maps, meterberry, opentable, stormlock, urbanspoon, yelp and zagat) work and were restored flawlessly as well as calendar, contacts, saved messages (sms & email) and user settings.

Changes I have noticed:
    • increased memory about 2megs
    • pop-up keys
    • pop-up words for items in message list menu (could have been there before but honesty do not remember)
    • keyboard does not automatically show when texting so you can see more of the threaded message, as soon as you press in the reply message field the keyboard shows
    • GPS options - I could have sworn there were two location aiding options yesterday but today there is just one
    • no more dimming in landscape
    • quicker transitions from portrait to landscape
    • when on a call there is a box under the volume indicator with either 5 "x" or "+" in it not sure if I have seen this before and you can not click on it.

Notes - be sure in the options menu under SMS to change to set it to stripes - this eliminates the black lines when flick scrolling.

Hope this helps!
    I also forgot to mention that the camera shutter speed is faster in this build. It clicks much quicker when using auto-focus.
    12-23-09 12:50 PM
    Upgrading from 328, I find:

Memory is better for me
    Browsing is significantly faster
    Not having the keyboard automatically appear in SMS is a plus
    Accelerometer is snappier
    I have large fingers and the pop-up keys are of benefit

I don't use Speed Dials so I don't care that they don't work, under 328 the VM icon on the Call Log screen never worked, under 419 it does

Touching the screen to wake up the screen works, never did under 328, always had to press a button

Bubbles vs Stripes: I couldn't care less, so stripes it is, resolves the black lines issue

I dont have a 2 or 3 second lag when pressing the answer button for the phone to answer the call

Is that 10?

The first icon isn't scrunched up on the home screen anymore.

Those are my 10 reasons for staying on 419.

My Storm now works the way it should have under 328.

*edit: DIMMING IS FIXED *
    Last edited by plkcable; 12-23-09 at 12:58 PM.
    12-23-09 12:56 PM
609 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD