Is this forum for the HYBRID or the OFFICIAL ...?
    01-22-10 10:19 AM
    Is this forum for the HYBRID or the OFFICIAL ...?
    This is a findings and fix for 419 thread. Some of us are using 9500's 451 Java as a fix for some of 419 bugs. Which is working great for me.
    01-22-10 11:48 AM
    I love all the improvements of 419. But I really can't stand the SMS bug that groups all my text messages into one or a few contacts after a reset. I am on BES so i can't turn the encryption off as some suggested. It's REALLY annoying how i pretty much can't retain all my SMS conversations after each handset reset and we all know how often we need to do a reset to recover the memory on the' storm Anyone who has a fix/solution/workaround, please HELP!!!!
    01-23-10 01:21 AM
    This is a findings and fix for 419 thread. Some of us are using 9500's 451 Java as a fix for some of 419 bugs. Which is working great for me.
    How would one go about doing that? Which files do you copy from .451? And I'm using a 9530, I thought 9500 files were incompatible...? Thanks!
    01-23-10 09:07 AM
    Been on 419 for a while now and its nearly flawless for me. The first the I tried it was too buggy and I downgraded. Its weird how the same build can install differently.

The only problem now is that speakerphone doesn't work. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 09:13 AM
    Been on 419 for a while now and its nearly flawless for me. The first the I tried it was too buggy and I downgraded. Its weird how the same build can install differently.

The only problem now is that speakerphone doesn't work. Any ideas?

Are you saying that you don't have any problem with the SMS all getting grouped into the same contact after you reset the storm with OS 419?

01-23-10 09:38 PM
    I don't text much and delete right after I'm done reading them so I haven't noticed. It probably happens but I don't notice.

Are you saying that you don't have any problem with the SMS all getting grouped into the same contact after you reset the storm with OS 419?

01-24-10 09:00 AM
    I'm having different SMS issues from everyone else. When I get a new SMS I have to open the chat by sending a new SMS to that person. I had the same issue in .328 when my SMS showed up as. Single blank lne.

01-24-10 12:17 PM
    I'm having major memory leaks and once I bet Down to like 3mb I reset and once I boot back up I've lost like 2mb why? Can it be stop tilt ?

01-24-10 07:46 PM
    So I have a couple questions about some things that I've noticed since upgrading to .419. The first is how do you delete all (in a text or email, etc) now? It used to be shift delete, but now I cannot figure out what it is (or if it still exists).

Secondly, for some reason when I open texts and then click on the blank line to popup the keyboard, they often automatically bring up the menu with the keyboard. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Lastly, I cannot figure out how to change what contact wireless syncs to what email -- it automatically distributed contacts to certain emails for some reason.
    01-25-10 12:58 AM
    If someone else already posted this problem, I apologize. (I have no desire to go back through 38 pages of postings)...

After installing the new "official" 5.0.... OS I've found that the typical crystal clear audio that streams through my Tour to my bluetooth capable audio unit in my truck now sounds TERRIBLE. I haven't tested it out with regular phone calls yet - I use the bluetooth primarily to listen to songs/pandora in my truck. Has anyone else come across this?

Hopefully VZW finds this in their testing and makes some kind of adjustment otherwise.
    01-25-10 11:41 AM
    having problem playing movies now. The media player starts loading then only plays the audio like an MP3. This is happening to movies I have played w no problem before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
    01-25-10 06:09 PM
    Got my first reboot in months over this last weekend. Noted that it stated, "Orientaion ~~~ something
    Then 'Reset'

I have not experienced this on any OS except from WAY back. I did start messing with the phone shortly after I deleted some themes from the phone and was rebooting the phone. Has been stable the last few days.

Wish me luck.
    01-26-10 02:47 PM
    Numerous people have commented on this and in fact many people have downgraded from .419 because of this. I have been using .419 since it dropped for the 9530. I originally ran .419 before the full .exe was available, and then Ran it from the official .exe. I am now running a .419/.436/.451 hybrid. I have found that on any variation of .419 Battery life is horrible.

That is not news to anyone on this site, but I started experimenting and here is what I found.

I run the following apps with noted frequency:
    Facebook - once a day for a few minutes, maybe less
    Pandora - 1 hour in the morning, and 1 hour in the evening while walking to the office
    MeterBerry - 24/7 in background
    BerryWeather - 24/7 in Background (I use the Wallpaper enabled)
    Bee Jive - Several hours a day (Business Hours)
    Opera Mini 5b2 - About 2 hours a day, intermittently

I started to notice that some days my Battery lasted longer than others and I was starting to think it had to do with BeeJive. So I ran normally on Monday, but did not use BeeJive on Tuesday, and just used trillian from my work PC.

According to Meter Berry here is the tale of the Tape:
    Monday:
    6:41 am 100% (Batt Full)
    9:54 am 76%
    12:24 PM 63%

By 5:24 pm I was at 24% and went as low as 2% by 9:26 pm and then charged it back to full

Tuesday:
    5:31 am 100% (Batt Full)
    10:01 am 91% (15% improvement over Monday)
    12:31 pm 86% (23 % Improvement over Monday)

The biggest Hit on the Tuesday log was -7 from 8:01 to 8:31am when I used Pandora for about 30 minutes. With a 1.7%/hour drain today I am looking at being around 75% to 80% at 5:30 pm which is almost 50% better then yesterday!!!! (Ed: I wrote this yesterday but poosted it in the wrong thread. Actually I was at 81% by 6 pm on Tuesday)

I will keep monitoring this, but it seems the drain has a lot to do with Pandora and Bee Jive for me. I think any App use drains the battery significantly faster than just making calls and sending texts, etc. It is possible I am actually just using my Storm altogether less today, and if I start sending more e-mails etc. the battery will die just as fast, but it seems the difference is tremendeous once you open up an app.

(and yes I know that the apps will naturally drain more battery, but this exponentially worse on .419.)

So has anyone out there noticed drain increasing with specific apps?
    01-27-10 08:44 AM
    As am update to the above post....

Today I ran BeeJive for a while, but did not run Pandora. It seems that when I start streaming music on ..419 battery drain is like 20%/hour and without that it is 2-3%/ hour.

Anyone out there use slacker and can comment on that? I am wondering if it is linked to radio and the constant data transfer, or if it is specific to Pandora.

01-27-10 04:28 PM
    I have this problem on my Tour with 419. Almost a dealbreaker for me. And no, turning off encryption does not help.
    Last edited by Furballz; 01-28-10 at 09:01 PM.
    01-28-10 08:57 PM
    this is hybrid is even better than. .419. I put weatherbug back on my phone no leak! I think mem leaks were due to crappy os more than apps.
    01-28-10 09:14 PM
    yes video problems on mine also... some work some don't
    01-28-10 09:37 PM
    yes video problems on mine also... some work some don't
    I've noticed that too.
    01-28-10 09:39 PM
    I put a .419 hybrid on my phone and the regular .419 on my daughters.Neither of us can get past 3:00 in the afternoon without having to recharge our phones.
    01-29-10 03:28 PM
    has anyone else noticed that youtube doesn't work for them? if so, is there a fix for it?
    01-29-10 03:47 PM
    I've been wanting to install .419 for a while, I finally got around to doing it tonight, but am having issues.

I ran shrink-a-OS, and then ran loader to replace my existing .328 install, the installation went completely smoothly. Everything reloaded without a hitch.

Only problem is, I have no data. I only get 1xev only, not 1xEV, so no browsing or email / messenger service is possible.

I've rebooted twice, did *228-1 & *228-2, but no luck. Any suggestions? In my home, I usually get five bars 1xEV.
    02-04-10 01:55 AM
    Try doing a 60 second battery pull. Same happened to me and it wasn't until I removed the battery for a full minute the restarted that it corrected. Maybe do *228 first then the battery pull.

02-04-10 07:11 AM
    Strangely, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I decided to put it down in the charging dock to sleep, and it was only in 1xev. When I woke up, it was in 1xEV as it should be, and has been working since. I did a reboot to be sure, but things seem to be going well!
    02-04-10 11:37 AM
    has anyone else noticed that youtube doesn't work for them? if so, is there a fix for it?
    i think it was network related. its working now.
    02-05-10 07:58 PM
609 ... 22232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD