Anyone having problem with ringtones reverting back to defaults. Its the only problem I have had with .419

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 12:18 PM
    Anyone having problem with ringtones reverting back to defaults. Its the only problem I have had with .419
    I had that problem with my message alerts only playing the default alert and not the individual alerts. Fix was to re-enter phone numbers for the contacts with individual alerts into the phone (not Outlook). Be sure to just input the numbers.....no parentheses, hyphens, etc.
    01-15-10 07:53 PM
    I had that problem with my message alerts only playing the default alert and not the individual alerts. Fix was to re-enter phone numbers for the contacts with individual alerts into the phone (not Outlook). Be sure to just input the numbers.....no parentheses, hyphens, etc.
    Ill try it thanks

01-15-10 08:28 PM
    does anyone have a problem where new texts will get lumped under a number? Every day get texts from ESPN (some 4 digit number) if i get a text from a contact it will put it all under that number and i can't delete it until i reset my device
    01-18-10 09:15 PM
    does anyone have a problem where new texts will get lumped under a number? Every day get texts from ESPN (some 4 digit number) if i get a text from a contact it will put it all under that number and i can't delete it until i reset my device
    Yes, that is why I went back to .328. I tried .419 twice, no go for me and the texts.
    01-19-10 08:26 AM
    i really miss the multi touch typing.. most guys dont miss it because they didnt even realize they had it.. i type a bit fast so i noticed the difference with this OS.. hope they bring it back in a hybrid or something...
    This is why I had to go back to .328 Couldn't type nearly as fast anymore. Too bad.
    01-19-10 09:34 AM
    I just upgraded and when I try to reply to an email I noticed my send icon is missing....there is no way to send! Anyone able to help please!?
    01-19-10 04:19 PM
    I just upgraded and when I try to reply to an email I noticed my send icon is missing....there is no way to send! Anyone able to help please!?
    Did you resend service books and or maybe set your email up with the setup wizard. My icon is on the top right corner of the email field and is an envelope.
    01-19-10 04:30 PM
    Yes I resent the service books and the email is all set up...I can recieve emails...and send but I cannot send when replying to an email...its weird the icon and envelop is missing....ANYONE PLEASE
    01-19-10 04:38 PM
    Yes I resent the service books and the email is all set up...I can recieve emails...and send but I cannot send when replying to an email...its weird the icon and envelop is missing....ANYONE PLEASE
    Did you login to your BIS account and send them from there or from your BB?
    login to your BIS account/help/send service books...hope this does it for you
    01-19-10 04:59 PM
    Yes I sent it from my BIS account...Its puzzling! HELP!
    01-19-10 05:10 PM
    do you get the option if you are emailing to one of your contacts? I had this issue as well but after I resent the service books I was all set...also have you tried a battery pull???
    01-19-10 05:21 PM
    Yes I tried two battery pulls...and yes it doesn't matter if they are contacts. Anyone have the solution?!
    01-19-10 08:52 PM
    Yes I tried two battery pulls...and yes it doesn't matter if they are contacts. Anyone have the solution?!
    Sometimes a reload of your OS can be your best bet. I can do it in half an hour. Something might have screwed up the first time. Sorry bout your luck friend, but it might be easier to start over.
    01-19-10 08:59 PM
    Has anyone else had this issue??? I tried re-installing...same problem...I don't want to have to downgrade...Please help!
    Last edited by coaster330; 01-19-10 at 10:55 PM.
    01-19-10 09:21 PM
    login to your BIS account...delete the email account, then re-add from BIS
    01-20-10 04:44 AM
    Ok so I just upgraded to .419 and while everything seems cool at first..I noticed my SMS is jacked up.

All my text msgs come up under the same contact after I initially read them. Then the black lines during the scroll.

I did a wipe and shrunk it when I upgraded so I boot up @ 33.5mb > 20.1 on .328

I like this build but need that bug fixed any ideas?
    01-20-10 07:16 AM
    login to your BIS account...delete the email account, then re-add from BIS
    That Worked! Hallelulah (spelled wrong of course) Thanks so much! Big exhale
    01-20-10 09:44 AM
    Here's something that fixed alot of the little bugs I was experiencing in 419. They just released 451 for the 9500. Download 451 onto your pc. Extract the Java files and copy them over your 419 Java files. ONLY THE JAVA FILES! Then run Loader.exe Your About screen will show 5.0.0.541. This fixed alot of the annoying little bugs on my device and gave me 2 MB extra on reboot.

I did just notice that this did not fix the lines thru SMS issue when SMS is set to bubbles. Set SMS to stripes and this issue goes away
    Last edited by buckifvr; 01-20-10 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added information
    01-20-10 10:51 AM
    I had the same issue. I wound up deleting my Yahoo email account, and re-adding it using email wizard. Then my "SEND" came back. Maybe not the official way of fixing it but it worked for me.
    01-20-10 11:48 AM
    Ok so I just upgraded to .419 and while everything seems cool at first..I noticed my SMS is jacked up.

All my text msgs come up under the same contact after I initially read them. Then the black lines during the scroll.

I did a wipe and shrunk it when I upgraded so I boot up @ 33.5mb > 20.1 on .328

I like this build but need that bug fixed any ideas?
    I think the black lines can be fixed by changing it from the bubbles display option. Not sure on the other bugs.

01-20-10 06:07 PM
    Just upgraded to .419 also. My SMS is jacked up too. Even tho I set up ringtones for some contacts, I get the default SMS ringtone for everyone. The individual phone ringtones work fine only the SMS is not working.
    01-20-10 09:58 PM
    I think the black lines can be fixed by changing it from the bubbles display option. Not sure on the other bugs.

yes i have heard that but i dont even have a "bubbles" option just stripes, lines & none...

the real problem is that i get all my text under the same contact no matter who is texting me...so if bruce, jordan or clark text me its still showing as if john is texting me cuz he was the last person to text me.
    01-20-10 10:15 PM
    An issue I have now that I can't stand is the numbers for incoming calls are not matched to my address book unless it's an exact match. It's probably not an issue in the US but I took my phone off the Verizon network and using it in Belize. Most incoming calls have a format of "+06709999". Well I don't have the "+0" in my address book as dialing out doesn't work that way. For international calls I have a code prefixed to the number in address book and when those numbers call me it displays it properly.

1. I don't know who is calling
    2. I can't just hit that incoming number and return their call

Very frustrating as this OS far outperforms .328.

I should add though that I never ran 419 by itself, but with the JAVA of 451 on top of it.
    01-21-10 08:56 AM
    An issue I have now that I can't stand is the numbers for incoming calls are not matched to my address book unless it's an exact match. It's probably not an issue in the US but I took my phone off the Verizon network and using it in Belize. Most incoming calls have a format of "+06709999". Well I don't have the "+0" in my address book as dialing out doesn't work that way. For international calls I have a code prefixed to the number in address book and when those numbers call me it displays it properly.

1. I don't know who is calling
    2. I can't just hit that incoming number and return their call

Very frustrating as this OS far outperforms .328.

I should add though that I never ran 419 by itself, but with the JAVA of 451 on top of it.
    yeah you are right, not an issue in the US
    01-21-10 07:40 PM
609 ... 2122232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD