Talked with my bank's IT guys and it is an issue with the Mobile Banking app vs. 5.0.0.419/highter...they said they are working with the mobile banking app people now to try to resolve. As for now, the only workable solution is to downgrade to .328 again. So, if we want to use the mobile Banking app, we've got to use .328 OS. (that's what i'm doing, since i need the convenience of the mobile banking app). Hopefully, the app will be updated shortly now that .419 is an official OS (that's what the IT guys said also).

Happy New Year.
    My Bank of America mobile app works fine on .419

Bob
    01-05-10 01:45 PM
    1.keyboard closes in the browser it closes byself.
    2. the sms while trying to press the type area it opens up the menu
    3. battery life is umm not as good as 328.
    4. bbm chat even if i have the user on my home screen when i press there icon it comes up with what number i wanna txt em at which bugs the **** out of me.
    5. graphic glitch is still there with landscape and normal view.
    6. while deleting email or sms sometimes it dont deleted it or does but leave the space in which the message was there.
    7 black lines in everything while scrolling.
    8. nimbuzzz dont work apps seems to freeze.
    9. everything seem to take up way more memory and bigger memory leak.
    10. phone sometimes freezes up at random and i have to do manual battery pull to fix it

that is my 10 reasons for going back i hope everyone else is having better luck or maybe got a fix for those issues i having

ps: the only thing good about this build really is how fast it boots up lol
    01-05-10 03:21 PM
    4. bbm chat even if i have the user on my home screen when i press there icon it comes up with what number i wanna txt em at which bugs the **** out of me.
    6. while deleting email or sms sometimes it dont deleted it or does but leave the space in which the message was there.
    10. phone sometimes freezes up at random and i have to do manual battery pull to fix it

that is my 10 reasons for going back i hope everyone else is having better luck or maybe got a fix for those issues i having

I do not have this problem at all
    I do not have this problem at all
    Can't comment on this yet
    Can't comment on this yet
    Not on my screen
    I had a similar problem on .328, I would delete an email, it would dissappear, but the email count would not change. OK in .419
    I've seen this reported, I have not seen it on my screen
    Dont have it
    Dont see a difference
    havent had this happen

Mine seems to boot slower!

B
    01-05-10 03:36 PM
    Battery Drain is ATROCIOUS!!!!!!

I just went down 10%, just by loading the CB Wap home page, nothing else!
    01-05-10 03:45 PM
    Re-evaluation of battery issue - So I decided to give 0.419 another try after having downgraded because of poor battery performance. Same apps, probably slightly higher usage of device now that I am back to work, and the battery issue is definitely not as bad as the first install. Although it is still not as good as in 0.328. At the end of the day I am at around ~50-60% maybe at 60-70% with 0.328, so not that bad.

The trade-offs are worth it as now for the first time I can say that I have an OS where the memory management is the best that I have experienced on any OS leaked or official. Boot up at ~34MB and now I have been running for almost 2 days and memory down to ~29 MB on standard stock theme with moderate/heavy usage and I see the memory recovering after heavy use which is awesome. This to me is worth it. Don't know why battery issue occurred on the first install but I am glad that I gave this another try - true winner.

Other positives:
    Amazing voice-activated dialing recognition almost 100% after voice adapt!
    Pop-up keys.
    Fixed UI icons on stock homescreen first icon no longer bumped down.
    Nice touch on the new BES icon with briefcase instead of globe (don't think this was there before)
    Very, very stable no reboots so far
    Camera very fast but was also on 0.328

I use suretype so I am not having an issue with speeddial
    01-05-10 10:02 PM
    Ok I just went back to 328 it awesome almost for hot how good os 5 was not to say it wasn't just the Bugs that bug me in 419 is gone I do without pop up key for now I already try hybrid myself didn't work the keyboard filewont start up so I tried well that all 419 maybe the next leak be better and something to rave about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 03:07 AM
    I upgraded to OS5.0.0.419 2 weeks ago and so far have good experience (running on 9530 and T-mobile):
    - BES and e-mails works well
    - no issue during the upgrade
    - browser works fine
    - white line issue disapperead

negatives I recognized:
    - voice quality with my car bluetooth handsfree is dramatically reduced. With all 4.... versions was perfect before (cleaned bluetooth devices before upgraded and added them as new after the upgrade) - anyone knows the difference on bluetooth with the 4* versions? any solution?

- voice dialer does not work (did not really use it before)
    01-06-10 03:56 AM
    I upgraded to OS5.0.0.419 2 weeks ago and so far have good experience (running on 9530 and T-mobile):
    - BES and e-mails works well
    - no issue during the upgrade
    - browser works fine
    - white line issue disapperead

negatives I recognized:
    - voice quality with my car bluetooth handsfree is dramatically reduced. With all 4.... versions was perfect before (cleaned bluetooth devices before upgraded and added them as new after the upgrade) - anyone knows the difference on bluetooth with the 4* versions? any solution?

- voice dialer does not work (did not really use it before)
    Make sure to run the voice adaptation in Options-> Voice Dialing. Initially VAD did not work for me until I ran this. Make sure to do this in a quiet room!
    01-06-10 07:54 AM

I have problems 2 (very annoying) and 7 (a little annoying) every time.
    01-06-10 08:17 AM
    Sweet, the changing of the keyboard layout worked great to fix speeddials.
    Other than that I have had no issues with 419 other than the media player playback issue (that existed in 328 as well, volume change after song playback).

Also I am running a different theme (iWorld) and have had no issues or memory leaks. Great OS!!
    01-06-10 05:02 PM
    I have problems 2 (very annoying) and 7 (a little annoying) every time.
    Just chiming in on my experiences with 419.
    I get problem 2 as well, but only if I quickly press the typing area. If I firmly press the typing area and kind of keep my finger there for half a sec, the menu doesn't come up

I also see problem 7 but only when scrolling in SMS/Text. I haven't seen the black bars anywhere else when scrolling. Other posters mention setting from bubbles to string solves this problem and it's worked for me as well.

I read about the next/prev song problem of the volume buttons in playing music. I've noticed in 419 that If I quickly press the volume button it activates the volume. If I press and hold the volume button it will activate next/prev. Kind of a good feature actually.

Big positive is that VAD works great again. I use this feature a lot in my car and .328 was really bad with accuracy and many times it doesn't dial the number. 419 seems to fix both of these VAD issues

Love the pop-up keys. Very helpful.

In general I think 419 is an improvement over 328 and I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by findthisfunny; 01-07-10 at 03:56 PM.
    01-07-10 10:40 AM
    Wow.. Never had this happen before. I have my own custom theme and the home screen just came on as a solid blank screen like the phone was off. It was just the home screen. The application screen still worked on portrait and landscape but every time I hit the "end call" button the screen would go blank. Battery pull fixed it though for now. Anyone else seeing this?
    01-07-10 06:27 PM
    Wow.. Never had this happen before. I have my own custom theme and the home screen just came on as a solid blank screen like the phone was off. It was just the home screen. The application screen still worked on portrait and landscape but every time I hit the "end call" button the screen would go blank. Battery pull fixed it though for now. Anyone else seeing this?
    Yes. I had this problem too that was part of the glitchy graphic 328 don't have that problem that I know of and I using the same theme that I used in 419

01-07-10 06:47 PM
    [QUOTE=immortalshadow;4446819]Sweet, the changing of the keyboard layout worked great to fix speeddials.
    Other than that I have had no issues with 419 other than the media player playback issue (that existed in 328 as well, volume change after song playback).

Also I am running a different theme (iWorld) and have had no issues or memory leaks. Great OS!![/QUOTE
    I wouldn't call changing your prefered settings a fix but more of a bypass of a bug but will do until the next OS build comes out .

01-08-10 05:08 AM
    Am I the only person on earth with a smooth .419 install whose vibrate won't work? Even when I hit try it on the vibrate only profile, only get red blink. What did I f uP? Why no shaky?
    01-11-10 09:48 PM
    web links in messages work again! ...how this was ever an issue is mind boggling.
    video progress bar works again though video playback is a little choppy.
    transitions are faster and smoother throughout the menus... even 3rd party apps seem a little faster/smoother. the entire UI "feels" better. i took some time to compare with my wife's storm (running .328) and .419 does feel more refined.
    browser is MUCH faster at rendering pages and navigation on large sites flows better.
    typing isn't AS laggy as before... input feels more natural.
    larger glow when selecting a type key.
    no more dimming issues.
    5.0 themes work better with fewer rendering errors... i switch themes a ton and my three favorites are working better than before.

black lines and choppy scrolling in SMS
    "sym" button still behaves strangely in SMS.
    still doesn't pop swear words up with ease when typing.
    didn't come with turbotax bundled.

i downloaded the .exe from RIM, shrunk, wiped and installed. i also did a batt pull after installing anything. this is certainly my favorite OS thus far. there are some bugs but given the past releases i think this one is a HUGE step forward. which means that this is RIM's last ditch effort to salvage the storm. (even my magic 8 ball agrees on that)

Am I the only person on earth with a smooth .419 install whose vibrate won't work? Even when I hit try it on the vibrate only profile, only get red blink. What did I f uP? Why no shaky?
    mine is working fine... actually everything is working fine except for the lines and jittery scrolling in SMS.
    01-12-10 04:46 AM
    I dont know if this makes a difference but because its .419 or not but my gmail will not show items i sent or forwarded, but they are going through.. This just started happening so I figured it must be due to .419. My other email does not do this...
    01-12-10 10:16 AM
    Just went through the whole process -- wiped / deleted all os files on my computer / downloaded .419 again / installed.

Result - vibrate still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks

I remember having to use an older cod file to make ring tones and vibrate in an 8830 upgrade work again. Might that be the problem?
    Last edited by esskay24; 01-12-10 at 10:42 AM.
    01-12-10 10:39 AM
    Just went through the whole process -- wiped / deleted all os files on my computer / downloaded .419 again / installed.

Result - vibrate still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks

I remember having to use an older cod file to make ring tones and vibrate in an 8830 upgrade work again. Might that be the problem?
    what's your download source? if its not RIM you might want to try that... the torrent in my sig is the same thing. remember, that if you got you phone through VZW then it has a one year warranty and you can take it back to them for a new one.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...027FA84709689E
    01-12-10 04:00 PM
    I did get it from the rim page you posted. Hmm. Guess I'll downgrade and see if it vibrates and go from there...
    01-12-10 04:52 PM
    I am finding the battery life on .419 is horrible some days. It seems to be about 1 out of every 4 days that it runs around 10% per hour even in its holster with minimal use.

The voice dial is so much better though that I'm sticking with .419 until something better comes along.
    01-12-10 10:59 PM
    just upgraded mine and my wife's Storm to .419. wow. Buddy at work got a new Storm 2 and after playing with that I had to see if 5.0 on the Storm 1 was as good. And it pretty much is. It's so good IMHO, it's like a new phone. The camera is almost instant now, which is awesome, the media controls rule, much more like an Iphone, seemless dragging of the media bar during playback. the new cut and paste selection tools rock. seriously, they finally got that right.
    couple possible issues, sounds seem a lot louder now, especially ring tones. I used to have it set to "loud" and it was good, now that same level seems to almost distort the sound, so I've backed all my settings down a couple notches.
    second issue (on my phone only), is this new combined BBM/SMS thing. I cannot get it to work with my linked contacts. My wife's phone? no problem, mine, nope, uh huh, zero zilch. No matter what I do, delete, erase, remove, and the relink, restore or whatever, it doesn't work.
    any ideas?
    01-13-10 12:57 AM
    I dont know if this makes a difference but because its .419 or not but my gmail will not show items i sent or forwarded, but they are going through.. This just started happening so I figured it must be due to .419. My other email does not do this...
    I've been having this problem since whenever the new gmail thing was introduced. My sent messages do show up in my main message folder though, so they aren't completely lost. Are yours showing up there at least?
    01-13-10 01:56 AM
    Ok - ran a diagnostic test via options > status > misc and vibrate suddenly worked across the board. Weird. Thanks
    01-13-10 03:53 PM
    Upgraded to .419 and it seems like I have the dimming problem.I want to make sure I know what the dimming problem is though before I complain.Out of nowhere,the phone will get very bright,and most of the time it's pretty dim.Is that the dimming bug?I have the auto dim set to on,is that right?Should it be set to off?I'm new to the Storm so I'm still learning.
    01-14-10 11:44 PM
609 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD