I assume you are referring to the thumbnails? Pictures look fine and I'm ok with grainy thumbnails. The list of images loads MUCH faster than before.
    Double "Tap" on screen, not "Press"
    Or View Actual Size on Menu.
    12-29-09 12:28 PM
    could somebody help me... check my problems in my topic 'Updating to V5.0 without data plan' in the 9500/9530 section... i cant update.. please help me!
    12-29-09 12:33 PM
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, but when playing a song the volume controls are flipping through songs instead of increasing/decreasing volume. Every once in a while the icon for volume will come up but buttons do not control it. They work in video playback mode.
    12-29-09 04:00 PM
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, but when playing a song the volume controls are flipping through songs instead of increasing/decreasing volume. Every once in a while the icon for volume will come up but buttons do not control it. They work in video playback mode.
    Vol controls work as expected to me. Pressing them moves to next song and press and hold increases/decreases vol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 04:02 PM
    I have this problem in .328
    12-29-09 09:55 PM
    The speakerphone automatically activates for me. It's REALLY ANNOYING! I've had problems before with 4.7 releases. I've been fine with 5.0 UNTIL this release.

It's driving me nuts.
    12-29-09 11:19 PM
    Does the speakerphone activate while its plugged into wall or usb? I know if I have mine charging via usb my speakerphone will come on randomly....Not a big issue.

So far this is the best OS ive used....If only I could get my rhapsody to work I would be happy. But until then my favorite torrent site is back up
    12-30-09 04:27 AM
    Ok. I'm going back to .328. I like 419 but the battery issue is too much to handle. Guess I'll wait till the next one.
    12-30-09 07:15 PM
    In the browser..of you change your keyboard from multi tap to full keyboard your left keys will be messed up but work fine.

Q will show as QW. A will show as AS. Z will show as ZX.

Seems I have to switch to SureType and back to get rid of that bug.

But this dissapearing keyboard in the browser is way too frustrating....I am downgrading tonight

Seems storm2 has this bug too....in the smart phone round robin where the palm guys are checking out blackberry it pops up when they switch from SureType to full keyboard.

12-30-09 07:50 PM
    I believe someone mentioned that there was a problem with Quickpull on .419. For me, I haven't really had a problem with running Quickpull but I did notice that it's one of the causes of my memory leak. BTW, I'm referring to the v3.6.4 of Quickpull (Free version) that works on 5.0 OSes.

What I've found was that having either the Schedule or the Monitor enabled it would leak about 3-4MBs every few hrs until leveling off around ~23-25MB. After turning them off and doing a hard reset, I haven't had a leak for 2 days; stable at 29.6MB with normal use.

I'm not sure if this is for all 5.0 OSes or just the latest .419.
    Last edited by Stormified; 12-30-09 at 09:55 PM.
    12-30-09 09:45 PM
    I just installed .419. Everything works except the internet. No BB Brower, No Opera, and cannot log into Facebook. Anyone have a fix for this? I couldn't find anything in this thread for a fix.
    12-30-09 10:43 PM
    After a second battery pull it started working.
    12-30-09 10:53 PM
    Installed .419 this morning and I could not be happier! I no longer have the charger issues I had with .328. Everything else seems to be working just fine. Woohoo! I like my storm again!
    12-31-09 02:53 PM
    .419 fixed the youtube and other video streaming bugs in .328 were if you use the controls it resets the clip to the beginning.

01-02-10 06:49 PM
    I've read through quite a few pages of this thread, but not all so I don't know if my following comments have already been mentioned.

Overall, I love this OS and think it is a VERY worthwhile upgrade over .328 (more memory, no leak at all, easier texting)...

However, there are some negatives:
    -Already mentioned, but no multitouch typing. This is the worst part of the OS IMO.
    -All themes I've used leak. May be themes fault, I don't know (I used Metalic, Transitions, and Rockee's Free Themes).
    -When sending text messages to multiple people, the preview in the SMS screen is blank, as opposed to displaying the recipients and a message preview.
    01-03-10 12:55 AM
    I am happy with 419 and I really like the pupup keys... but I am having problems with the speedials: sometimes they work, sometimes they dont, for example: I hold the 1 or the 2 and most of the times nothing happens, others it says that there is no speeddial configured for key 5

has anyone experienced this? any idea if it can be fixed? or just wait for next official?
    01-03-10 11:22 AM
    Speed dials seem to work fine for me...sorry!
    01-03-10 12:46 PM
    Just installed 419. One issue I have is that this OS does not seem to be compatible with Napster to Go subscription. I have had Storm 1 for over a year and have never had this problem with any other leaked or official OS. Anyone else a subscriber? Help.. I need my music!
    01-03-10 01:30 PM
    After several days letting .419 settle in...
    • my Storm is now more sluggish than before the update.

• It takes 2 seconds or more sometimes to go to the main app screen from the home page when clicking the BB button.

• The screen will freeze for several seconds before becoming active again.
    01-03-10 01:37 PM
    I am happy with 419 and I really like the pupup keys... but I am having problems with the speedials: sometimes they work, sometimes they dont, for example: I hold the 1 or the 2 and most of the times nothing happens, others it says that there is no speeddial configured for key 5

has anyone experienced this? any idea if it can be fixed? or just wait for next official?
    Never mind, I found the answer inside this thread (sorry, should have sarched better before posting): it is a bug when you have the Portrait keyboard set to Full Keyboard... switched it to Sure Type and that fixed it, I always type in landscape mode anyway so no problem with that for me...
    01-03-10 01:50 PM
    odd issue w/ speed dials --
    speed dial 9 is my voice mail ...
    1, 2, do nothing, 3 calls random number,
    4,5,6,7,8 do nothing. 9 is voice mail.
    01-03-10 03:33 PM
    Yes PLEEEEAAAASE DO!! I was going to contact my bank as well but if you are already a couple of steps into the process, I will just wait to see what you come up with. Probably much faster than trying to deal with customer service. When I uninstall/reinstall, it wont even let me get to the point where I need to enter an activation code before it pos up the certificate message. One time it just said mobile banking it not available at this time, please try again later....but that was only one time out of the four that I have tried.....

THANKS!!!
    Talked with my bank's IT guys and it is an issue with the Mobile Banking app vs. 5.0.0.419/highter...they said they are working with the mobile banking app people now to try to resolve. As for now, the only workable solution is to downgrade to .328 again. So, if we want to use the mobile Banking app, we've got to use .328 OS. (that's what i'm doing, since i need the convenience of the mobile banking app). Hopefully, the app will be updated shortly now that .419 is an official OS (that's what the IT guys said also).

Happy New Year.
    01-03-10 08:43 PM
    I'm having a problem with the phone randomly muting calls. Had this on some earlier OS's. Anyone else having the same problem???
    01-04-10 01:09 PM
    i cannot load the newest storm 9530 leak for nothing please help, i have deleted vendors tried the apploader tried the desktop manager rebooted & restarted time after time and nothing new please help!
    01-05-10 01:30 AM
    odd issue w/ speed dials --
    speed dial 9 is my voice mail ...
    1, 2, do nothing, 3 calls random number,
    4,5,6,7,8 do nothing. 9 is voice mail.
    Post above yours mentions this....

It's a bug that occurs when your portrait keyboard is set to 'full keyboard'...change to a reduced keyboard and your speed dials will work.
    01-05-10 02:10 AM
609 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD