Can confirm it works when saved as mutitape. All my speed dails came back, with no reboot. But fails again, when changed back to full keyboard, no reboot, nothing, just changed back to full keyboard

Does work with suretype though. At least the speed dail keys I'm willing to call at 6am...
    Yup...that's what I found too a couple of posts later. Originally I had switched to SureType from multi tap and thought it was fixed but the speed dial problem is always there when you use the full keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 09:43 AM
    I took Opera Beta 2 off my phone last night and so far after 12 hours I am just down .2mb. I am not sure yet if that was the cause but it seems to me that I started having leaks after I upgraded to that version. I may go back to the original beta version if this turns out to be the case.

I have Opera 5 beta 2 installed. Not noticing much memory leak....but then I'm not using Opera much.
    12-27-09 11:41 AM
    I was using Opera 5.2 beta a lot and on .328 it seemed to not have any issues with memory leak. Then I upgraded to .419 and the leaks began in the two apps I mentioned with Opera being the worst.

It seemed to use memory while the phone sat overnight.

While I really like Opera 5 over their 4. (frankly 4 is fast but the interface stinks) 4 doesn't leak on .419.

I did find in Opera 4 (on both .328 and .419) if one asks too many commands too quickly it freezes up.

Once Opera 5 was eliminated the memory leak stopped!

Drew
    12-27-09 01:16 PM
    Hi guys,
    Am having the following prob with .419

After installing the os I deleted all the sms's in my storm, after that I received a message from a friend X, it was the first and the only one in my sms inbox, anyway, after a while a user Y send me another sms, for some reason the message from Y appears in the conversation of X, for some reason, the mob is considering the second message is from X and not Y, so its not separating them as they are two different ppl. so now I cant even know the sender of any message received on my mob, as they all appears in the same conversation of the first person X.

Another prob, when I want to compose an sms for s person, once I select the person, select compose sms, it automatically open the conversation am having with X, when I go to show recepients, it shows me X and not the person I have selected originally.

Does anyone knows how to fix this ***t?

Or, anyone knows a newer OS than 419, even a leaked one, I dont care, I just want to know from whom I am receiving sms!!!

Thanks
    12-27-09 02:53 PM
    Wasn't in the official .328 so I don't see how.
    Pressing the Return or Enter key has always sent a text message with .328. I've never sent a text by hitting the BB button and then Send. If you are typing a word and it tries to auto complete and you hit enter, it will make the selection and then you have to hit enter again to send. Maybe people are just not hitting the enter key to send but it does do that in .328. In fact I would say it has been that way since threaded SMS came out.
    12-27-09 03:29 PM
    Since I'm lazy and don't wanna read 32 pages , I'll report that I'm having some memory leak issues with .419. I'm thinking that it's the Facebook app (had a small leak with .328) but I'm not 100% sure yet.

I'll try and report on this more as the day goes on.
    12-28-09 08:33 AM
    JPG images appear very grainy and distorted with .419

*when added to the device after .419 was installed. Includes files both downloaded via email and transfered directly form computer.
    Last edited by mijinkiyo; 12-28-09 at 08:56 AM.
    12-28-09 08:52 AM
    So has anyone else experienced the screen dimming coming back? It only has done it occasionally...3 or 4 times I believe in the past 3 days. I have yet to do a battery pull since I installed .419 back on Monday. Everything else is still running smooth, down to 23.3 mb mem after almost a week running it.

Yes, what is strange is that I did not have the dimming with .328 that most everyone had. Now I do with .419.
    12-28-09 09:51 AM
    JPG images appear very grainy and distorted with .419

*when added to the device after .419 was installed. Includes files both downloaded via email and transfered directly form computer.
    I assume you are referring to the thumbnails? Pictures look fine and I'm ok with grainy thumbnails. The list of images loads MUCH faster than before.
    12-28-09 11:41 AM
    I have gone through the majority of the past 32 pages in this thread so that I can get an overall verdict of the OS. It seems like there are only 2 main issues (Speed Dial and Keyboard swipe glitch). Since most of the community agrees that it is a decent OS aside from that, I feel pretty confident upgrading my friends' phones. I have been running .419 for 3 days now. I am going to re-shrink (I booted up at 32mb) and test it out some more. However, through normal routine operation of the phone, I found no glitches that didn't immediately clear up. I like the OS.

One glitch I did notice was that being on the homescreen and moving from landscape to portrait, I would sometime lose the signal strength icon and GPS icon from the top right corner of the phone. If I went to another screen and come back, the icons reappear. I will probably get some dumb late night phoen call from a friend about this, but that was the only thing I found.
    12-28-09 02:30 PM
    Hi guys,
    Am having the following prob with .419

After installing the os I deleted all the sms's in my storm, after that I received a message from a friend X, it was the first and the only one in my sms inbox, anyway, after a while a user Y send me another sms, for some reason the message from Y appears in the conversation of X, for some reason, the mob is considering the second message is from X and not Y, so its not separating them as they are two different ppl. so now I cant even know the sender of any message received on my mob, as they all appears in the same conversation of the first person X.

Another prob, when I want to compose an sms for s person, once I select the person, select compose sms, it automatically open the conversation am having with X, when I go to show recepients, it shows me X and not the person I have selected originally.
    I have noticed the exact same problem on my phone! It's been quite funny trying to figure out who sent what to you since all the msgs get piled under the very first person who sent a msg to you. I find even if I erase all my sms msg and do a battery pull does not solve the problem. However I noticed sometimes if I highlight the msg it will give me the 'callback number' of who sent the msg, that's only sometimes! Another behavior I noticed is when the sms msging system is working fine and I do a battery pull, when I go back into sms msgs it will pile all my msgs into the first msg that was in the list. Also, this happens sometimes, when I reply to a msg and sent it out either tapping the BB button twice or hit enter to send, it won't send the msg no matter what I do. I have to exit out of the msg so it saves a draft and enter back into the draft and it will send. And when it is sent, it creates a new thread, it does not continue under the same contact that sent the original msg like a regular threaded sms msg would do. (I've read that paragraph over a couple of times and it could sound confusing if you haven't experience the behavior, I've tried to explain as simply as possible, but sorry if it sounds more confusing then it is!)

So in conclusion after a week of using .419 Official from MTS the major problems are:
    - Speed Dial does not work if keyboard set to 'full keyboard' (works fine if you set it to multitap keyboard)
    - SMS Messaging issues as described above
    - Keyboard Swipe issues while typing in the browser
    - so called "multi-touch" typing is lost (never used it so I never felt it was a big issue)

Sidenote: For the people who report 30-45 MBs of free RAM, are you guys shrinking your OS? or is that just from a full install and not having too many apps installed? I personally have done a full install (with all the extra languages, fonts, wall papers, etc) and have at least 14 apps (only really use 4 of them and they're games ) and every time I pull the battery I usually get about 20 MBs of free RAM leftover. I've never been close to 30 Megs, maybe back in the 4.7.0.x days.
    Last edited by charliechan; 12-28-09 at 03:41 PM.
    12-28-09 03:31 PM
    I assume you are referring to the thumbnails? Pictures look fine and I'm ok with grainy thumbnails. The list of images loads MUCH faster than before.
    It's not just the thumbnails it's also the full-sized image. I am also having a problem with the browser - it's very slow and sometimes takes over 2 minutes to load crackberry.com/mobile even with images and java off.
    12-28-09 03:50 PM
    I upgraded and I lost my email icon... I deleted and re-added my account, but the icon does not show up on my home screen.

Does anyone know how to get my email icon back?
    12-28-09 06:24 PM
    With all things considered..is it worth it upgrading to .419 from .328?
    12-28-09 07:09 PM
    With all things considered..is it worth it upgrading to .419 from .328?
    I am thrilled with this OS more what the S1 should have been out of the box...but I will say this... I have learned alot along the way... I would recommend the upgrade!
    12-28-09 07:12 PM
    I upgraded yesterday. Very happy with the .419 OS. Havnt had a freeze yet and it is running smooth.

12-28-09 07:27 PM
    My major concern is the texting issue, I use my phone for mainly texting and If this "cluster glitch" is happening a lot it seems the OS will be more trouble then what its worth.
    12-28-09 07:29 PM
    Ok I have been looking a long time for a fix or a OS that has working media player controls when watching streaming video like youtube . I found .230 worked but is buggy and slow so please let me know if the same bug in .328 is in .419 . I'm on boat and don't want to risk bricking my phone or messing up on the install because my phone is my only internet source . But realy don't want to wait 2 weeks to find out for myself.

12-28-09 07:37 PM
    For me it works. 328 would not let me skip through it and once I got a text it always restarted. But in 419 it seams to not do it anymore.

12-28-09 08:06 PM
    Not sure if this is related to CaptDigB's post but I noticed that when playing back video files, sometimes the media player controllers don't show. The functions still work though (you can press stop or forward the video) but there's no icons.

I'm not sure if the size of videos have anything to do with it, it's just a random occurance.
    12-28-09 08:39 PM
    I have been on 0.419 for four days now and I am downgrading back to 0.328. Although I thought that 0.418 was a marginally better OS in certain areas, in particular voice-activated dialing and pop-up keys, these two features by themselves were not significant enough for me to outweigh the loss of battery performance. I know this whole battery life issue is hit or miss and for the most part all my OS upgrades have done well on battery life issues - except this one. So back to 0.328 until the next leak!
    12-28-09 09:36 PM
    I have been on 0.419 for four days now and I am downgrading back to 0.328. Although I thought that 0.418 was a marginally better OS in certain areas, in particular voice-activated dialing and pop-up keys, these two features by themselves were not significant enough for me to outweigh the loss of battery performance. I know this whole battery life issue is hit or miss and for the most part all my OS upgrades have done well on battery life issues - except this one. So back to 0.328 until the next leak!
    I wondered if it was because I was using fb app (which I didn't use until after the I upgraded) or .419.

I've been using for about 4 days and I'm pretty happy.
    But if the battery life continues... and the speed dial... I may have to go back to .328 as well, but I need the voice dialing to work too.
    12-28-09 09:40 PM
    For me it works. 328 would not let me skip through it and once I got a text it always restarted. But in 419 it seams to not do it anymore.

Thanks for the reply that is the same problem I was talking about I have high hopes now. If a couple others states that it fixed the problem for them that would awesome there's other out there that need to know the solution and would start a thread.

12-28-09 10:22 PM
    I have upgraded to .419 and really like it so far, no issues. I have noticed that many of you seem to be getting much better memory than I am. I am currently running 13 apps and am getting around 10 megs. I shrunk my OS using Shrink-a-OS but perhaps I missed a step. I just loaded it clicked the Stuff I didn't want and shrunk and loaded it. Missing anything? Solutions?

12-29-09 09:37 AM
    I have upgraded to .419 and really like it so far, no issues. I have noticed that many of you seem to be getting much better memory than I am. I am currently running 13 apps and am getting around 10 megs. I shrunk my OS using Shrink-a-OS but perhaps I missed a step. I just loaded it clicked the Stuff I didn't want and shrunk and loaded it. Missing anything? Solutions?

Did you run SAOS as "administrator"?

If you don't it might not work.

I did mine the other day and I forgot to do that. After I did, I shrunk 40 mB off.
    12-29-09 10:26 AM
609 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD