I like the .419! However, every time I do a battery pull, the phone is re-registered at the network and I get a message "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network". Anyone having the same?
    12-24-09 05:21 AM
    Make sure Media Transfer protocol is turned on (MTP).
    For some reason mine was turned off after DL and I couldnt get my computer to view my SD card. I've read threads about people having trouble so thought this might help.
    12-24-09 07:24 AM
    I've seen my memory dropping, but much slower than before. I'm on three days without a restart and I'm down to 15 megs from starting at 34.

I've noticed that when I generate a MMS and have the smaller requester pop up to select a pic, that the thumbnails take FOREVER to show up. I'm talking a full minute from the time of opening. For now I try to remember to go through the media folder, view pictures and start the MMS from there as they pop up immediately.
    12-24-09 07:33 AM
    I'm having a speed dial issue as well with .419. Basically, instead of pressing 1 for voice mail, when I press 9 it dials the voice mail. The only other button that works is 3 which when pressed actually prompts me to assign a number to the 5 key. It is then saved under the 5 key in the speed dial list but will only dial when I press and hold the 3 key.

Very weird. It's like they don't really want you to have all options available to quickly call someone. When speed dial worked, voice dial did not. And now it is vice versa.

At least I can still dial voice mail and at least one other speed dial number, I just need to remember that I press 9 to get 1 and press 3 to get 5. lol
    12-24-09 07:49 AM
    My memory is a little low at 21.6 MB but that is no big deal. I have .419 with the be Droid theme and it feels like a new phone. I think this is the first time I have truly been happy with my Storm.
    12-24-09 07:50 AM
    installed .419 and noticed now not getting my blackberry.net emails..resent service books and get all except the books for blackberry account...any ideas?

Happy Holidays!!
    12-24-09 07:57 AM
    I am loving this OS. My memory really seems to be stabalizing, and it may just be my imagination, but I swear this OS is actually REALLOCATING memory!!! So far so good...though I am having a little trouble with the keyboard keeping up with me. I have noticed that the blue halo when you're typing has become larger and brighter.
    I did also notice that when my battery got low before my radio wouldn't shut off until maybe 4-5%. Last night, it got to 8% and radio shut right down.

Apologies if I have repeated anything here, but I didnt feel like reading through 28 pages...
    Last edited by emt5903; 12-24-09 at 08:06 AM.
    12-24-09 07:59 AM
    I'm having a speed dial issue as well with .419. Basically, instead of pressing 1 for voice mail, when I press 9 it dials the voice mail. The only other button that works is 3 which when pressed actually prompts me to assign a number to the 5 key. It is then saved under the 5 key in the speed dial list but will only dial when I press and hold the 3 key.

Very weird. It's like they don't really want you to have all options available to quickly call someone. When speed dial worked, voice dial did not. And now it is vice versa.

At least I can still dial voice mail and at least one other speed dial number, I just need to remember that I press 9 to get 1 and press 3 to get 5. lol
    Your right. I have this problem too....my speed dial I tried just happened to be on 3 and worked the other day.....

Thinking hard about going back to .328 with the typing issues ...typing slower is not a workaround!
    12-24-09 09:30 AM
    I think most everyone has moved on. I'm currently using the eris and loving it.
    12-24-09 09:40 AM
    Ok. I am just doing a typing test now that I lowered the swipe sensitivity in options and now I am typing to see if I have any issues....yes I still had my keyboard hide once while, errrr twice now.....not only that but it is harder now to go back and correct misspelled words...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 09:45 AM
    I had USC2 enabled, but My storm still cannot recognize Chinese text message. Anyone have same situation?
    I am with Sasktel CDMA. Messages from Rogers GSM.
    12-24-09 10:35 AM
    Its nearly impossible for me to select text now the screen goes everywhere.

12-24-09 10:43 AM
    Its also harder for me to click links in web browser without having to zoom in, which has also gotten slower rendering while zooming. :/

12-24-09 10:45 AM
    i havent received any emails since i upgraded
    12-24-09 10:47 AM
    nevermind figured it out
    12-24-09 10:50 AM
    Well let me try to type using the SureType keyboard just to see if I get any issues with my keyboard hiding for no reason well so far it seems to be ok. Still no hiding yet. Well maybe that is a good workaround. Neve mind it just hid on me one time just now. Very frustrating. At lest it does not seem to happen as much when typing with SureType. Next I am going to try and type with the landscape keyboard.

Ok this paragraph is na typing test using the landscape keyboard.....we.. So far so good. The lack of the multi touch feature is more problematic.....I did have it hide on me one t

12-24-09 11:12 AM
    I also have mullti horizontal black hairlines on text message box, when using the suretype and multiple text messages lines.
    12-24-09 11:15 AM
    Sorry this is long, but I only post about once a year...

For a while I was loading every leak that was released. But I found there were too many issues each time and I didnt want to be a "guinea pig" any more... THANKS to all of you with the patience to prove OS updates work (or don't)! So, I decided to load "official" releases only. I was SO glad to see an Official 5.0 release (the MTS 5.0.0.419) for my Storm! A few observations about loading leaked OS's and what I have found with this version (I am a Telus customer... )

First off, I have loaded probably 4 or 5 different leaked OS's on my BlackBerry. EVERY TIME, I follow, step-by-step, a PRINTED OUT copy of "How to Load A Leaked OS" manual generously offered up long ago. I have NEVER had ANY issues loading an OS... NOT EVER! No, I'm not trying to be arrogant and no, I'm no smarter than anyone else. BUT, to those of you who have problems loading an OS and then whine like little girls because you have problems - it is TOTALLY because you are brain dead and can't (or refuse to) follow simple instructions step-by-step. WOW how do you manage to get through life? I say this because I just read EVERY post in this thread and it is 27 PAGES LONG and clearly 1/4 of the posts are because people DON"T follow the instructions step-by-step and, AS BAD, THEY CLEARLY dont read any posts or do some basic research before posting. All I can say is D-U-H!

Enough about that...

THIS OS (5.0.0.419) is OUTSTANDING!!!

I have said from day 1 that the key pop-up is essential. Now that I have it I cant believe RIM took so long to include it. I can type 5X faster now with 5X fewer errors. EVEN IN PORTRAIT! This is, IMHO, the best part of the upgrade! (My wife has a Strom2 with 5.0.0.328 and she doesn't have this option - she is P-I-S-S-E-D! )
    Screen response is VERY fast.
    Screen rotation is WAY faster.
    Scrolling is now as it should be - AWESOME!
    Memory is up about 8 MB, sitting around 25 MB. Dont' know about drain yet.
    Camera is SMOKIN fast now. Just like a camera should be.
    Speed dial keys are working for me...
    No lines in SMS when set to stripes...

Quick Pull Lite wont work.
    I am still a client of Telus

This device is nearly as good as I could ask for now. Yes, a few things can always be improved, but my Storm is where I had hoped it would be when I bought it. While I don't want an iPhone (even tho there are 2 in my house), Apple did put some excellent things into that device. The key pop-ups and scrolling in this OS are 2 of those "well done" items that RIM should have just copied at the outset. Unless there is a patent on the non-moving screen, RIM should dump the double-clik screen - it really is dumb to click twice when one click would suffice.

It's just too bad it took RIM 14 months to get the Storm to this point. Had they released the device with THIS software back in October of 2008, they would have CONCURRED the smartphone world well over a year ago. Again, IMHO.

I'm sure it will take Telus several more months to release THEIR official 5.0 OS...

Merry Christmas all.

Brummer
    12-24-09 11:42 AM
    OOPS!

Oh yeah - the browser works way faster now as well...
    12-24-09 11:44 AM
    The free beta version of Quickpull works with 5.0. You may wnat to research it and try it.
    12-24-09 11:55 AM
    Yeah - it worked great prior to loading this update. May have to delete and re-load.
    12-24-09 11:58 AM
    Yeah - it worked great prior to loading this update. May have to delete and re-load.
    Would not work so I downloaded latest version which worked
    12-24-09 01:06 PM
    So they finally fixed voice dialing in .419 and broke speed dial..

Speed dial seems to work after reboot but later decides not to work..

Even Microsoft is not this bad. Would like a fully functional device sometime .
    I don't think that is a lot to ask
    12-24-09 01:08 PM
    Screen dimming just came back on my phone.. I haven't rebooted in a few days. Going to see if that fixes it. Anybody else experience it yet?

12-24-09 01:39 PM
    I learned a little trick a while back that can help everyone with quickpull issues.
    1) Delete quickpull, you dont need it.
    2) Hit green send button on phone and dial ##000000 hit green send button.
    3) Scroll down to SIP Password:
    4) Enter vzw
    5) Click BB button and click save.
    Phone will reset. No need for quickpull anymore.
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 12-24-09 at 02:11 PM.
    12-24-09 02:04 PM
609 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD