OK. So I went back and looked again. I didn't see anything addressing my issue. Do you know something about it. Is there a fix, or a work around? I would appreciate any help you can provide.

thanks
    My browser is missing also. I've tried everything and it still does not work.
    12-22-09 07:39 PM
    Hello again,

Another issue is that my email doesn't appear to be working anymore. I can't send or receive.

Is this a known issue?
    12-22-09 07:42 PM
    Lost the browser icon and I have looked everywhere on how to bring it back. Looks like back to 167 for me.
    12-22-09 07:44 PM
    Try pulling the battery to get the browser back or dialing *228 and use option 1. I had to reinstall .419 because my contact icon was gone lol.

However, there is some kind of 'outage' so things are not going to be fully downloaded properly.
    12-22-09 07:45 PM
    Anyone else having issues with either Yahoo Messenger or UberTwitter....Neither work for me
    It worked last night right after I did the .419 install but it's not working now.
    12-22-09 07:45 PM
    Hello again,

Another issue is that my email doesn't appear to be working anymore. I can't send or receive.

Is this a known issue?
    Also, when I tried to run the email setup wizard, it says my "device had a problem connecting to the server".

Did I do something wrong during the install to hose my browser and email up. The install went without a hitch.
    12-22-09 07:53 PM
    So

Lots of spinning clocks, had to reboot once already today. After 24 hours, just gets very slow. (but memory is still good)

I'll hold on until tomorrow in class this is all related to the outage. I'm having lots lag, maybe I need to just wipe/reload and see if speed dial works again, since some say it works.
    12-22-09 08:31 PM
    So after 24 hours of the .419, I am now loosing anywhere between 23% and 34% of battery per meterberry per hour while making phone calls, surfing web, etc...

Thats just CRAZY!!!

With .328, usual use, I was loosing MAYBE 3% per hour per meterberry..

Anyone else having issues with this??
    12-22-09 08:32 PM
    this OS sounds like a classic example of RIM fixing one thing while breaking 5 other things...sigh.
    12-22-09 08:37 PM
    Also, when I tried to run the email setup wizard, it says my "device had a problem connecting to the server".

Did I do something wrong during the install to hose my browser and email up. The install went without a hitch.
    You probably didn't do anything wrong.

There's and outage with RIM/BIS, so of course you won't see any of that because it's not able to connect to the server.

Others have already mentioned it in this thread, Please READ posts/threads.

ALERT: BBM/PIN Service down - and everything related to DATA
    12-22-09 08:48 PM
    its weird bcuz when i install this OS i cant shrink it...its said b4 88MB when i press shink OS its said after 88MB - -* soo now ma app memory its 27MB and lower
    12-22-09 08:55 PM
    its weird bcuz when i install this OS i cant shrink it...its said b4 88MB when i press shink OS its said after 88MB - -* soo now ma app memory its 27MB and lower
    Right Click SAOS and Run as Administrator
    12-22-09 09:12 PM
    Right Click SAOS and Run as Administrator
    hahaha...thx man,,,i never knew that
    12-22-09 09:22 PM
    Found a camera bug i think. When i take a picture and have image stabilization enabled the pics come out grainy but when i disable it then pics come out clearer. Anyone else notice this?
    12-22-09 09:57 PM
    i have a storm 9530 and it wont turn on to get my contacts. the red led just flashes on and off and it wont power up at all i need to get the info off can anyone help me please..............
    12-22-09 10:27 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I loaded it. Seems to be working ok, except for the huge network issue, no email, browsing etc.
    Last edited by briang00; 12-22-09 at 10:34 PM.
    12-22-09 10:28 PM
    So after 24 hours of the .419, I am now loosing anywhere between 23% and 34% of battery per meterberry per hour while making phone calls, surfing web, etc...

Thats just CRAZY!!!

I have noticed significant battery discharge - not to the level you are seeing, but much worse than before. Prior, I would run about 1.5-2% discharge per hour. Today, Meterberry is showing a discharge of 4.6% per hour. I was fully charged this afternoon and was down to 46% tonight.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the RIM outage today and BerryWeather pulling constant failed updates.

Will see what tomorrow brings, maybe I'll turn off the BerryWeather updating and monitor the discharge rate.
    12-22-09 11:05 PM
    Did you try setting the Equalizer to 'off' and Audio Boost to 'on'? I was having this problem, but these settings seem to have fixed it.
    I tried this and it does not fix the headphone jack music player volume bug for me.

Anybody else have any luck on a workaround to resolve this bug?
    12-22-09 11:05 PM
    I recommend you look a little more thoroughly at the prior posts before asking questions like that. Did you read the first post and then decide to ask this without even searching anywhere else?
    Hmm...it seems to me that a few posts back you were calling this o/s garbage and trash etc. because your browser was having problems with connecting to html sites. It would appear that you did not search AND read before making a post like that so I don't think it is very fair for you to criticize someone else!
    12-23-09 01:42 AM
    Woke up last night just in time to catch my Storm doing a random reboot with .419 on it. Anyone else have this happen? This is the first time ever that I had a random reboot. Had OS's 4.7.65>75>109>148 then 5.0.328>419
    So was it a fluke?
    12-23-09 07:09 AM
    Woke up last night just in time to catch my Storm doing a random reboot with .419 on it. Anyone else have this happen? This is the first time ever that I had a random reboot. Had OS's 4.7.65>75>109>148 then 5.0.328>419
    So was it a fluke?
    I'll guess a "fluke" .... I havn't noticed a random reboot on mine yet ...
    Mine still seems to be running pretty decent for the most part . . .
    12-23-09 07:30 AM
    So far I've been running .419 for 24 hours wothout any problems. Memory is better, battery life seems to be similar, no noticable change. The best part for me is my phone has been lock-up free since the change. I usually had to do a battery pull 1-3 times a day.

It installed using DM and deleting the vendor file without any problems, all apps, settings, etc. still working fine.
    12-23-09 07:37 AM

Thats just CRAZY!!!

Check again today and see. The outage yesterday may have caused some app's to continues attempt to get network info, which will cause an increase in battery drain. I noticed a huge battery drain during the outage, but not before it.
    12-23-09 07:43 AM
    hey, i have had this for a couple days now, seems to run really well on my Storm. Couple of questions/comments:

- Highlighting on the keypad is HUGE, never noticed it like this before, haven't messed around to see if somehow .419 changed a setting I had previously, any quick tips?
    - when I look through the folder of the files from .419 it shows the extended games that my wife's 8530 has like Tetris, Klondike, etc, but they don't show up on my Storm after the OS load, did I miss something?
    - .419 was sluggish the first couple times it loaded, but like usual a couple of battery pulls and I have been sailing smoothly since...
    12-23-09 08:54 AM
    Loaded .419 just after it dropped. Liking it so far!
    Memory holding great in the high 40's
    Battery life pretty good
    Facebook, Opera Mini 5, Slacker, all working
    Popup keys are nice
    Keyboard does NOT pop up automatically when opening SMS thread....YAY!

Can't get my individual contact SMS alerts to play! Anyone else having this problem??
    12-23-09 08:56 AM
609 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD