My browser is gone and the usual tricks aren't bringing it back.

I've re-sent service books, multiple times
    Re-registered the host routing table, multiple times
    and have done battery pulls after each attempt

Any other tricks?

I'm with Bell, if that makes a difference
    have you tried wiping and reinstalling? I am with Telus and it went fine.
    12-22-09 05:24 PM
    This OS is a pile of garbage, BB Browser will only load mobile websites, when i went to google as well as crackberry mobile it loaded fine, when i tryed to go to the regular versions of the sites I got "A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider." This happened on 5 other sites I tested it out on. When I try to go to any normal website on BB browser I get that same message after watching the bottom bar struggle for like 4 minutes to locate the site. Facebook app wont even so much as login. I know this is not a service provider issue because ever website loads fine on OperaMini 5.2 If there is something I have not installed correctly, please, enlighten me, because so far, regardless of the speed improvements, this OS is trash. If i cannot login to normal webpages, what's the point?
    12-22-09 05:29 PM
    my broswer is very slow..... HELP
    12-22-09 05:29 PM
    im wiping and reloading.. this official is a fail
    12-22-09 05:33 PM
    im wiping and reloading.. this official is a fail
    I agree, the Data connection with this OS is complete crap.
    12-22-09 05:37 PM
    i hope all you guys are aware of the BIS and BBM outtage, which is a nation wide issue at this time

at first i was having problems with bbm and after some more searching it was due to RIM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f156/al...rriers-390599/
    12-22-09 05:43 PM
    Sunuva. So my issue may not have been the OS, rather RIM's service? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiieettt.
    12-22-09 05:55 PM
    my memo pad is missing??
    12-22-09 06:04 PM
    Ha! I actually removed bbm and reinstalled it today; I thought it was the OS as well but checked here first and saw the news about the north american data outage.

Running the OS since the .exe dropped and lovin' it; pop up keys are great and typing is faster. Data gets an incomplete due to RIM's server issues today.
    12-22-09 06:07 PM
    Ha! I actually removed bbm and reinstalled it today; I thought it was the OS as well but checked here first and saw the news about the north american data outage.

Running the OS since the .exe dropped and lovin' it; pop up keys are great and typing is faster. Data gets an incomplete due to RIM's server issues today.
    How do you not have issues with the text messaging or the whole damn phone!? God damn this is annoying the **** out of me. Nothing seems to be working. Went back to .328 and still have the pop-up keys even though i deleted .419, uninstalled every trace of it, and wipe the device via BBSAK and security wipe via the phone.

God.
    Damn.
    12-22-09 06:14 PM
    you can disable the pop up keys in .419 if you go to options, keyboard/screen, show key indicator and set it to never
    12-22-09 06:17 PM
    you can disable the pop up keys in .419 if you go to options, keyboard/screen, show key indicator and set it to never
    I'm on .328 with pop-up keys. .419 was giving me problems, I downgraded, and now I have pop-ups on .328. It says .328 in the About section as well.
    12-22-09 06:21 PM
    Is this just BBM or does it involve browser data.. I just upgraded to 419 today and the browser is pretty useless.. I don't want to reload old OS if the browser issue is a Rim/or Verizon problem..
    12-22-09 06:32 PM
    well if this is an issue with rims data, i'll give this os another day or so. I have had absolutely no problems except data related. I love the revised popup keys.
    12-22-09 06:43 PM
    I was using my .419 upgrade all day and VAD worked flawless! Under the Verizon release, VAD crashed out most of the time and was pretty much usless. But, not a single issue under .419!

I was also having an issue where I would get random double-spaces when I was typing, resulting in auto-inserted periods and capitalization of the next word. It wasn't the key-repeat rate or anything like that. Anyway, with the upgrade to .419, this seems to have been fixed for me as well.

Thus far, really liking .419...
    k.
    12-22-09 06:51 PM
    well i had my phone updated last night and it was running flawless with no problems

as soon as this morning came around i had tons of problems with bbm, i even posted in here a few pages about the issue. did a search and it turns out that RIM was down for BIS and BBM but BES was ok.

so as of right now i would assume that the OS is good but RIM is the issue
    12-22-09 06:54 PM
    Hello,

Has anyone had any trouble with the browser not working at all after installing 419. Slacker works, so I know I can get to the internet. Don't know about email yet.

Browser stays in the requesting... and then I get a message saying contact service provider. I'm on verizon.

Any ideas?
    12-22-09 07:04 PM
    Hello,

Has anyone had any trouble with the browser not working at all after installing 419. Slacker works, so I know I can get to the internet. Don't know about email yet.

Browser stays in the requesting... and then I get a message saying contact service provider. I'm on verizon.

Any ideas?
    I recommend you look a little more thoroughly at the prior posts before asking questions like that. Did you read the first post and then decide to ask this without even searching anywhere else?
    12-22-09 07:07 PM
    i did a search on "browser" and didn't see anything like "browser not working" sorry if I missed it.

So, I'll go back and look again.

Thanks for you help.
    12-22-09 07:16 PM
    I recommend you look a little more thoroughly at the prior posts before asking questions like that. Did you read the first post and then decide to ask this without even searching anywhere else?
    Not quite fair.. It is clear that there is a problem with BBM.. THe browser issue is not so clear since people are getting data with Opera. People are asserting that it is a rim issue but all rim has fessed up to as far as I can tell is the BBM issue. But then again I may be wrong..
    12-22-09 07:17 PM
    Is the headphone jack music volume level bug still present in this official (OS 5.0.0.419) build? (In previous OS .328, the headphone jack volume level decreases a lot when the next track plays in the music player).

The recent hybrid (OS 5.0 .328, .419, .428) still has this bug on my phone.
    Did you try setting the Equalizer to 'off' and Audio Boost to 'on'? I was having this problem, but these settings seem to have fixed it.
    Last edited by twester65; 12-22-09 at 07:20 PM. Reason: punctuation
    12-22-09 07:20 PM
    i did a search on "browser" and didn't see anything like "browser not working" sorry if I missed it.

So, I'll go back and look again.

Thanks for you help.
    I've also noticed that my default browser configuration doesn't list "blackberry". Only Internet Browser.

So, is there something I have to do to get the browser working, as I did NOT see anything addressing this specific issue.
    12-22-09 07:24 PM
    I tried updating to .419 but I keep getting errors with the clock and registration process. I tried it shrunk and normal. The phone doesn't get past the clock when it starts up! HELP! LOL
    12-22-09 07:26 PM
    OK. So I went back and looked again. I didn't see anything addressing my issue. Do you know something about it. Is there a fix, or a work around? I would appreciate any help you can provide.

thanks
    12-22-09 07:36 PM
    Anyone else having issues with either Yahoo Messenger or UberTwitter....Neither work for me
    12-22-09 07:38 PM
609 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD