I'm not sure I know/have the bug you're talking about. I'm currently listening on the bus and haven't had this "bug" you speak of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If I play MP3's in an album with the headphone jack connected to my car stereo, the volume decreases when the next track plays. The volume restores to the proper level if you press pause and play. Others confirmed this same behavior in OS .328 and it does the same thing in the .419/.428 Hybrid.
    12-22-09 01:39 PM
    sorry if i missed this, but for the people complaining of broken speed dial, even for voice mail, if you do: phone key>BB button>call voice mail, does it work that way?
    There's a dedicated VoiceMail icon on the Call Log toolbar at the bottom, why don't people use that? More people should set their Storms to default to Call Log when hitting Send once. That way, they'll be able to utilize the recent calls quicker and if they need to dial from Contacts all they have to do is HOLD Send for 2 seconds and it'll go to Dial From Contact screen. The only time they'd need to go to the dial pad is if they dial a unique number and even that's two clicks away (Send once and hit Dialpad once). I doubt a lot of people call unique numbers that often...
    12-22-09 01:45 PM
    after playing with this os longer i did notice some issues with either signal or bbm 5.0.0.56

it seems that my messages get sent (check mark) but not delivered (d) sometimes
    12-22-09 01:46 PM
    sorry if i missed this, but for the people complaining of broken speed dial, even for voice mail, if you do: phone key>BB button>call voice mail, does it work that way?
    This method works fine. Clicking and holding a key on the dial-pad will not, however... Boarder-line deal-breaker for me...but luckily the rest of improvements are convincing enough to hang in there for a while hoping for a fix.
    12-22-09 01:46 PM
    I have " 1 " set as my speed dial optiion for voicemail.. if i hit Call button ( Green) soon as I hit " 1 " It auto dials my voicemail ... so as far as i can tell my Speed Dials work with .419 ....
    12-22-09 01:48 PM
    If I play MP3's in an album with the headphone jack connected to my car stereo, the volume decreases when the next track plays. The volume restores to the proper level if you press pause and play. Others confirmed this same behavior in OS .328 and it does the same thing in the .419/.428 Hybrid.
    Holy crap, I hate this bug. It still exists in .419 unfortunately, but I'm starting to get used to it.
    12-22-09 01:50 PM
    I have " 1 " set as my speed dial optiion for voicemail.. if i hit Call button ( Green) soon as I hit " 1 " It auto dials my voicemail ... so as far as i can tell my Speed Dials work with .419 ....
    If you click and hold '1' will it also speed-dial for you? If so, you might be one of the lucky ones...the other method you described (tapping a number and hitting send quickly) doesn't seem to work for me.
    12-22-09 01:53 PM
    Opera as default browser please rim!
    12-22-09 02:05 PM
    That's interesting. I haven't tested that situation yet. I'll have to test this out tonight when I get home from work. As far as I know, it's not doing it when I have headphones on. I also didn't have that problem on .328 either; however, I did have once in a while it felt as if my volume controls were stuck in either increasing/decreasing mode or can't even change the volume. So far with .419 I haven't had that happen yet; I'm hoping it was my volume keys were stuck since they did feel stuck a few times, but so far have fixed itself (knock on wood).
    12-22-09 02:13 PM
    after playing with this os longer i did notice some issues with either signal or bbm 5.0.0.56

it seems that my messages get sent (check mark) but not delivered (d) sometimes
    just checked the other forum.

this is a problem with bbm and not the os
    12-22-09 02:34 PM
    Loaded up the .419 exe last night. Didn't shrink or change anything (I just forgot). Anyway

Boots up with 35mb (5 more than .328)
    Seems snappier
    Camera zoom is better, and it takes pictures smoother
    I like the blue highlight around letters when texting
    NO USB CHARGER ERRORS. I was so tired of .328 for that reason.

QuickPull Lite does not want to work
    multitouch texting doesn't seem to be there anymore

So far I really like it. Haven't seen really any big problems or memory leaks. Seems to be a keeper.
    12-22-09 02:40 PM
    Just want to say that speed dials are working fine for me. Multiple times over the last 15 hours. I went straight from .328 to the .419 exe.

I wonder if it's not a 3rd party program?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    12-22-09 02:43 PM
    Confirming +5mb of memory. Don't know where it came from, but multiple people are running about +5 and i am another.

The new highlighted keys almost look like you are pushing the screen too hard... it freaks me out sometimes.

I think the multitap thing is hit or miss,because it seems like i have it... but my screen might be so wore out i can't tell if it is staying depressed or clicking twice.
    12-22-09 03:00 PM
    just checked the other forum.

this is a problem with bbm and not the os
    BIS outage is the issue.
    12-22-09 03:00 PM
    There's a dedicated VoiceMail icon on the Call Log toolbar at the bottom, why don't people use that? More people should set their Storms to default to Call Log when hitting Send once. That way, they'll be able to utilize the recent calls quicker and if they need to dial from Contacts all they have to do is HOLD Send for 2 seconds and it'll go to Dial From Contact screen. The only time they'd need to go to the dial pad is if they dial a unique number and even that's two clicks away (Send once and hit Dialpad once). I doubt a lot of people call unique numbers that often...
    I dont understand this either. when I first got my storm I setup every one of the speed dials, but soon realized that I found it easier to just hit the send key and my default view being my call log theres all my numbers. Wouldnt your most frequent calls in the call log also be in your speed dial? kinda redundant (glad that redundant call **(contact name)** or call callback number bug is finally fixed in sms) after my first OS upgrade I never added my speed dial numbers back in. If it matters my speed dial works fine. No lines in sms, but I hardly use the sms app anyway. I added my most frequent sms contacts to bbm so i only have one place to look for sms and bbm. So far considering what we have had to deal with in the past, im really liking this build

not that I use this, but why is it that when you have the keyboard up in portrait in the homescreen that if you go to numbers and hit lets say "2" nothing happens, but if I hit the letter "A" then the dial pad comes up with a "2" being displayed
    Last edited by TheBr0ken; 12-22-09 at 03:19 PM.
    12-22-09 03:13 PM
    I dont understand this either. when I first got my storm I setup every one of the speed dials, but soon realized that I found it easier to just hit the send key and my default view being my call log theres all my numbers. Wouldnt your most frequent calls in the call log also be in your speed dial? kinda redundant (glad that redundant call **(contact name)** or call callback number bug is finally fixed in sms) after my first OS upgrade I never added my speed dial numbers back in. If it matters my speed dial works fine. No lines in sms, but I hardly use the sms app anyway. I added my most frequent sms contacts to bbm so i only have one place to look for sms and bbm. So far considering what we have had to deal with in the past, im really liking this build
    My speed dials are on QuickLaunch...I've never actually used the speed dial function on the Storm.
    12-22-09 03:15 PM
    My browser is gone and the usual tricks aren't bringing it back.

I've re-sent service books, multiple times
    Re-registered the host routing table, multiple times
    and have done battery pulls after each attempt

Any other tricks?

I'm with Bell, if that makes a difference
    12-22-09 03:34 PM
    whats data coding? it shows up under options-sms text. never noticed before till this os
    12-22-09 03:37 PM
    Anyone having a lot of trouble with data connection with .419?

It keeps dropping my connection. Appworld will be downloading and then eventually stop altogether saying

"Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

if I hit OK and head back to the open App World, and resume the download it will start downloading again for about 10 seconds, then the connection will drop out again.

I've noticed in any apps that I need a steady data connection, it just drops out and stops downloading until I restart the application or make some kind of change.

Looks like it might be back to good old .328 for me.
    12-22-09 04:10 PM
    PLEASE help! my DM is not recognizing the phone after the update. I never had this problem before... help
    I did 3 battery pulls, 3 quick pulls.. and it is still not working.. HELP
    the first time i tried to back up, it was working, then it said the DM had an error and had to shut down.. strange.
    Last edited by Kimijok; 12-22-09 at 04:16 PM. Reason: just more details
    12-22-09 04:14 PM
    As far as speed dial and vmail goes, if you have a voice mail then there is an option on any menu, anywhere in the OS to "call voice mail". So I am assuming the only time you call your voicemail is when you actually have a message, and in that case I just hit the menu key and select that option. 2 clicks. Heck I never even know there was speed dial. LOL. But I make like 1 call a day.

To king Geoff - I have no data issues. Radio has been much better then .328 for me.

12-22-09 04:32 PM
    PLEASE help! my DM is not recognizing the phone after the update. I never had this problem before... help
    I did 3 battery pulls, 3 quick pulls.. and it is still not working.. HELP
    the first time i tried to back up, it was working, then it said the DM had an error and had to shut down.. strange.
    Have you restarted the pc? Sounds like you reset the phone, so I would restart the pc. I have had that happen to me on OS loads in the past.

12-22-09 04:34 PM
    After testing for a day of heavy use, I can confirm:
    Bluetooth Voice Dialing works great -- maybe better than any phone I've used. Huge improvement in name recognition (100%) and so far it has connected every time. Good job RIM!

I did have one time today where SMS message wouldn't open without using the "compose sms" trick...

Gary
    12-22-09 04:39 PM
    Confirming +5mb of memory. Don't know where it came from, but multiple people are running about +5 and i am another.

The new highlighted keys almost look like you are pushing the screen too hard... it freaks me out sometimes.

I think the multitap thing is hit or miss,because it seems like i have it... but my screen might be so wore out i can't tell if it is staying depressed or clicking twice.
    Blue highlights have always been there when using the keyboard. The storm 1 doesnt have multitouch.
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 12-22-09 at 05:15 PM.
    12-22-09 04:58 PM
    My browser is gone and the usual tricks aren't bringing it back.

I've re-sent service books, multiple times
    Re-registered the host routing table, multiple times
    and have done battery pulls after each attempt

Any other tricks?

I'm with Bell, if that makes a difference
    I guess I'm going back to .328
    12-22-09 05:06 PM
609 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD