I don't use speed dial other than for voice mail (I have QuickLaunch for everything else). I tried the VM speed dial, no problem. I added a number to my speed dial list, no problem. Everything seems to be working as expected.
    that's good to know! I may do a clean install later this evening and see if that fixes it. My memory just crashed down about 5 MBs and a spinning clock on quickpull (pulled the battery instead). So they maybe something more then just the speed dial.
    12-22-09 08:06 AM
    For Those who use BBLIGHT --- you will need to go back in and re-activate that again. I did just notice that
    12-22-09 08:10 AM
    No circuit/Channel available on T-Mobile HAS been fixed. It now makes and receives calls.
    12-22-09 08:11 AM
    After the update my mobile banking application stopped working (ver 4.0). I get "Error: Certificate not issued from expected source. The application is currently in offline mode." Tried deleting, reinstalling and reactivating and no dice.
    12-22-09 08:32 AM
    Anyone else having a problem with individual contact alerts for SMS messages? Mine seems to only play the default alert, not the individual settings.
    12-22-09 08:47 AM
    Hi all - I am currently using the standard .238 and getting ready to go to .419. I really don't have a beef with .238 but would like to see if the new one can cure my phones memory bleed. I currently start with around 22 mb and it drops to 8 mb or so through the course of a normal day of semi heavy use. My main culprit is Viingo, but I like that rss feeder too much to give it up!

Before I switch though, can you tell me if the following apps are working:

Google Maps
    MeterBerry
    Pandora - I believe this was confirmed on an earlier thread.
    Quicklaunch
    TetherBerry
    Viingo

Also, I currently do not use Blackberry App World because it ATE memory on .238... Does anyone see that happening on .419?

Thanks!
    12-22-09 09:21 AM
    Hi all - I am currently using the standard .238 and getting ready to go to .419. I really don't have a beef with .238 but would like to see if the new one can cure my phones memory bleed. I currently start with around 22 mb and it drops to 8 mb or so through the course of a normal day of semi heavy use. My main culprit is Viingo, but I like that rss feeder too much to give it up!

Google Maps
    MeterBerry
    Quicklaunch
    TetherBerry
    Viingo

Also, I currently do not use Blackberry App World because it ATE memory on .238... Does anyone see that happening on .419?

Thanks!
    I can't say 100% for ALL them .. but I'm gonna be about 99% sure they all will work. Google Maps 100% i have that. I use slacker and it works so I'd assume pandora would. I've yet to run into any problems. been running with 26.5 megs steady ...and thats opening APPS World and d/l the new BBM, opening Facebook/myspace .. google maps ... I don't see "MUCH" of a leak so far, tho I'm sure there will be a little. I'd recommend the upgrade tho. Def. a nice change up, very smooth so far.
    12-22-09 09:37 AM
    Thank You! Finally fixed the dimming issue. Where do I activate pop-up keys?
    12-22-09 09:44 AM
    Thank You! Finally fixed the dimming issue. Where do I activate pop-up keys?
    options -> screen/keyboard->show key indicator
    12-22-09 09:49 AM
    Hey all - just updated and i'm having a weird SMS issue. Not sure if it is because i'm continuing to chat on threads started on my last OS...but randomly after receiving a few texts from my GF, in the SMS box i got repeated notifications (the little box that comes up at the bottom of the screen when you're typing an SMS and receive another one) of old SMS's from 15 days ago..it only happen every few messages I receive...but it is super annoying...any ideas?
    12-22-09 10:28 AM
    i upgraded an love it so far my ONLY issue is a weaker radio signal the my 328.....not sure if i can strengthen it in any way.
    12-22-09 10:31 AM
    just installed and loving it so far

i was on the verizon os before and the gps was disabled, does anyone know if this MTS os also has the gps disabled?
    12-22-09 10:33 AM
    Speed dial not working. Anyone have a fix for that?
    12-22-09 10:44 AM
    just installed and loving it so far

i was on the verizon os before and the gps was disabled, does anyone know if this MTS os also has the gps disabled?
    disabled ?? my gps works fine ..... it did on verizon .328 as well ...
    like my google maps location and loopt all locate me fine ...
    12-22-09 10:45 AM
    is anyone else getting

Uncaught Exception: application Net_rim_bb_phone_app (49) is not responding ; process terminated

any idea what is causing it or how to fix it .. i didnt do a full wipe should i try that ?
    12-22-09 10:56 AM
    disabled ?? my gps works fine ..... it did on verizon .328 as well ...
    like my google maps location and loopt all locate me fine ...
    really?? what version of google maps are you using??
    i have 3.2.1 and my phone just sits at "waiting for location"

edit: what are your settings for

gps data source
    gps services
    location data
    location aiding
    Last edited by BlackCRX; 12-22-09 at 10:59 AM.
    12-22-09 10:57 AM
    is anyone else getting

Uncaught Exception: application Net_rim_bb_phone_app (49) is not responding ; process terminated

any idea what is causing it or how to fix it .. i didnt do a full wipe should i try that ?
    did you try reloading the os?
    12-22-09 11:03 AM
    Actually...I just tried speed dial and i'm getting the problem where it works the first time you use a speed dial after a reboot, but then ceases to work at all.
    12-22-09 11:06 AM
    really?? what version of google maps are you using??
    i have 3.2.1 and my phone just sits at "waiting for location"

edit: what are your settings for

gps data source
    gps services
    location data
    location aiding
    gps data source = Deivce GPS
    gps services = E911 only
    location aiding = enabled ..

just loaded it and tested ... found my locatation within 4400 meters lol
    12-22-09 11:07 AM
    gps services = E911 only

haha, ok so i just enabled all the same settings and see how it goes
    i wasnt able to lock a signal last night so we'll see if it works today

i even had my gps services enabled last night
    12-22-09 11:20 AM

Google Maps
    MeterBerry
    Quicklaunch
    TetherBerry
    Viingo

Thanks!
    Meterberry works (2.0.3) but you will need to enter your activation code in after the upgrade.
    12-22-09 11:22 AM
    haha, ok so i just enabled all the same settings and see how it goes
    i wasnt able to lock a signal last night so we'll see if it works today

i even had my gps services enabled last night
    Don't hold your breath...I double-checked all settings and my GPS stopped working after upgrading to this OS (i was running the last official one...)...so i'm waiting for someone to chime in on what's going on here hoping its a simple fix.
    12-22-09 11:24 AM
    Is the headphone jack music volume level bug still present in this official (OS 5.0.0.419) build? (In previous OS .328, the headphone jack volume level decreases a lot when the next track plays in the music player).

The recent hybrid (OS 5.0 .328, .419, .428) still has this bug on my phone.
    12-22-09 11:41 AM
    gps services = E911 only

If you set GPS Service to location on you will get a more accurate loaction.

Mine shows up withing a few feet of where im at on Gmaps v.3.2.1
    12-22-09 11:45 AM
    Can somebody compare the difference between unofficial 419 and the official one? My biggest problem with unofficial 419 is the lost capability of multitouch typing. Is this the same with official 419?
    There was multi toch before which verson had it I am going back to that verson then. Please let me know what verson of the od had multiple touch ok

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 11:49 AM
609 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD