I can still select text on the Lock Screen popup and there's still two popup message windows for the lock screen.

When using multi-select for email or text, the new bubble popups for the toolbar buttons at the bottom don't point to the right button highlighted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 12-21-09 at 10:08 PM.
    12-21-09 10:02 PM
    after several battery pulls im booting at 30.6 mb and coming down to 26.2 with the following 11 apps installed:
    kisses
    google maps
    metro
    bluffmycall
    age calculator
    capture it
    level
    bbscanner
    facebook
    bubble cahin
    crackberry smash

also have taken out brick breaker and blackberry maps as well as the help feature and the laguages except english......for a new os its running great do you guys think this is good tho or are ppl running higher memory on a non hybrid.
    Im using the official tms os ofcourse...plea pm me if you have a suggestion to help me improve my storm.
    12-21-09 10:17 PM
    Loaded .419 about 30 minutes ago. Got everything tweeked. All is good. Really no complaints. All third party apps and themes work. Mem went up about 2 megs.

Transitions are a bit slower but browser seems a bit quicker...

email is fine, no black lines in sms after changing bubbles to stripes, not impressed with the pop-up keys, kinda cheesy really...

The OS as a whole seems a bit snappier, so I'm happy...

Thanks guys for all the info and work arounds!
    12-21-09 10:47 PM
    What's wrong with stereo bluetooth? I'm using it right now (Motorola S9). It works perfectly. Now I had an issue with one of the hybrids where the sound was kind of screwed up almost like there was an attempt at some kind of artificial surround sound processing, but going back to 328 fixed it. I'm going to upgrade to .419 tonight. Hopefully the problem doesn't return.

Is it possible that your headset is the issue?
    I have both the S9 and s9-hd and for me, both have the same issue. I tried wiping then loading the OS and I still have the same issue. When I turn the headset on it looks like it connected fine on the BB but when I try to use the voice dial, I never do get the "Say a command" greeting. If I disable "audio source" in the bluetooth options then I am able to use it as a basic headset but I can't play any music/podcast/video audio through it. Even with my basic bluetooth headset which doesn't even use the "audio source" setting is unusable if I leave "audio source" checked in options.

You say .328 is actually where your problem was fixed. Weird because that is when my problems started. I think I'm going to try and put a fresh OS install without restoring anything and connect my s9 headset to check if problem still exists. I wonder if something in the backup data is kaput?

Update: Woohoo! I wiped, reinstalled with a clean OS but did not do the normal automatic restore. Instead I just did the install and then I did the restore just as an extra step. I did notice that the restore process did some kind of device memory clearing process before restoring. Must have been a setting I didn't see. Bluetooth stereo is fine now.
    Last edited by crashberry; 12-22-09 at 04:45 AM. Reason: update:
    12-21-09 11:17 PM
    And the two huge big improvements for me:

-Bluetooth Voice Activated Dialing worked flawlessly, through about 8 different test calls this evening.

-I haven't had a freeze up with SMS yet.

With these two fixes I really have no complaints.

Gary

BTW, the Browser seems quite a bit faster to me...but it is early going.
    12-21-09 11:45 PM
    Being using this for about 8 hours now. Mostly stable.
    .419 (not hybrid, not shrink) straight from bb download.

Seems very fast, typing is very response (much better then .328)
    pop-up keys are nice, I guess
    better memory so far, but time will tell.
    dim in in lanscape is gone! yea!
    voice diailing works correctly again!!!

speed dialing doesn't work, except first time after boot. After that, only voicemail works.
    Had problems with the camera. took a picture and the phone locked up, but only once. Several more tests and no problems, so I mention just as a note.
    A lot more spinning clocks.

So is the the finding page for hybrid, or the .419? Seems to be a lot of both.
    Last edited by sokar42; 12-22-09 at 12:33 AM.
    12-22-09 12:30 AM
    Loaded the official leak .419 about an hour ago. No glitches. I don't know if it's because I backed up my 3rd party apps this time, but it's the first time I haven't had to use Crack Util to get me going with Tmo again. All data and apps automatically loaded. Nice!

WeatherBug loads much faster.
    Love the pop-up keys.
    Browser seems to load pages faster.
    VAD works SUPER GREAT with my stereo bluetooth! I can hear the contacts' names! And it recognized my voice commands.
    Bluetooth stereo headset (LG HBS-250) works fine. Listening to music right now.
    I think the volume button gives a greater range on the media player. I won't know for sure until I take it for a test drive in my car tomorrow. I usually have to crank it up to the max and then up the volume on my BT, to hear it in the car, but it seem plenty loud tonight. Had to turn it down a bit from where I normally have it set indoors.
    In my downloads folder are separate folders for music/pictures/videos downloads
    Memory is holding steady.
    Speed dial is working fine.
    Memory holding steady. Battery life seems okay. Leaving it on thru the night will tell. (Especially since I fall asleep listening to audio books)
    Moving between apps, screen, etc. seemed to lag just a bit, but after a few battery pulls, it's back up to speed now.

LOVE the screen dimming fix.

Overall a nice update.
    12-22-09 01:27 AM
    Text selection is so bad! Took me a good 2 minutes to try to copy a sentence from a web site. I ended up just memorizing it and typing it where I needed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 01:36 AM
    Not sure if this has been here a while, but when I'm in the middle of a phone call and take the phone away from my ear to type, the screen automatically comes on.
    12-22-09 01:55 AM
    I have both the S9 and s9-hd and for me, both have the same issue. I tried wiping then loading the OS and I still have the same issue. When I turn the headset on it looks like it connected fine on the BB but when I try to use the voice dial, I never do get the "Say a command" greeting. If I disable "audio source" in the bluetooth options then I am able to use it as a basic headset but I can't play any music/podcast/video audio through it. Even with my basic bluetooth headset which doesn't even use the "audio source" setting is unusable if I leave "audio source" checked in options.

You say .328 is actually where your problem was fixed. Weird because that is when my problems started. I think I'm going to try and put a fresh OS install without restoring anything and connect my s9 headset to check if problem still exists. I wonder if something in the backup data is kaput?
    Weird...I'm not having any trouble with any of my Bluetooth devices (including S9's) and this is the first time since 4.7.0.151 that I've been able to say that!

I assume you already tried the basics like deleting the profile and re-pairing, right?
    12-22-09 01:58 AM
    is this OS worth dling?
    12-22-09 02:42 AM
    best os out ...
    12-22-09 03:28 AM
    Weird...I'm not having any trouble with any of my Bluetooth devices (including S9's) and this is the first time since 4.7.0.151 that I've been able to say that!

I assume you already tried the basics like deleting the profile and re-pairing, right?
    Yep. I tried deleting and re-pairing many times. Problem seems to be fixed now though. my previous post was updated to explain what I did. Not really clear on exactly what was the problem but it seems to be gone now.
    12-22-09 04:50 AM
    I'm running .419 Official from MTS Mobility.

Great update from .328

Speed Dialing is not working properly. Will work once after reboot, then no more, not even for Voicemail speed dial.

Anyone find a fix for this yet?
    12-22-09 05:41 AM
    is this OS worth dling?
    Yes. Only issues for me seem to be 'bubbles' SMS threads have black lines (setting SMS to stripes works perfect) and speed dialing is inop. IMO both are easily things I can deal with (.328 landscape dimming drove me crazy). It defineatly seems that typing is faster (I thought .328 speed was great) and I have been running it almost 24hours, and my battery life seems improved !!! and I'm running 8 megs more memory with the exact same apps. Great build

* Nevermind, my speed dial seems to work fine now!?!?
    Last edited by mechanic_joe; 12-24-09 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Add comment
    12-22-09 07:13 AM
    Just noticed in OPTIONS -> SMS Text there is a spot to change "ENTER KEY to SEND" to off - no more 'accidental' sends. (forgive me if this has been in prior builds - I'm just seeing it now)
    12-22-09 07:20 AM
    Yes. Only issues for me seem to be 'bubbles' SMS threads have black lines (setting SMS to stripes works perfect) and speed dialing is inop. IMO both are easily things I can deal with (.328 landscape dimming drove me crazy). It defineatly seems that typing is faster (I thought .328 speed was great) and I have been running it almost 24hours, and my battery life seems improved !!! and I'm running 8 megs more memory with the exact same apps. Great build
    I agree with everything you've said. I'm running on Verzion and it works great. Gained some megs / typing is quick / everything seems to have loaded back on perfectly fine / dim is fixed / the SMS does have that black line, not sure whats with that / however for SMS the KEYBOARD NO LONG AUTO COMES UP so you can see more the SMS on whole screen instead of Tiny A** box MAJOR Plus. . .

EDIT: I've been playing around with the BB Browser ... not seeing any difference in the speeds of stuff loading ..

EDIT2 : For those using Weather Bug - it does appear to be a lot "speedier"
    Last edited by des123; 12-22-09 at 07:48 AM.
    12-22-09 07:22 AM
    I agree with everything you've said. I'm running on Verzion and it works great. Gained some megs / typing is quick / everything seems to have loaded back on perfectly fine / dim is fixed / the SMS does have that black line, not sure whats with that / however for SMS the KEYBOARD NO LONG AUTO COMES UP so you can see more the SMS on whole screen instead of Tiny A** box MAJOR Plus. . .
    Forgot about that in my earlier post. Love the sms without the keyboard! It was my big complaint with .328. the lines, I can live with, plus they "go away" if you touch them.
    Last edited by sokar42; 12-22-09 at 07:30 AM. Reason: can't spell...
    12-22-09 07:30 AM
    This is the best OS ever. I think it is safe to say, its absolutely perfect. I'm keeping my storm for a long while.
    12-22-09 07:33 AM
    I'm running .419 Official from MTS Mobility.

Great update from .328

Speed Dialing is not working properly. Will work once after reboot, then no more, not even for Voicemail speed dial.

Anyone find a fix for this yet?
    I only use the voicemail speed dial, it worked last night and it is still working this morning. So I'm guessing it could be an app that is causing this issue?
    12-22-09 07:39 AM
    Hey where are my pop up buttons? Is there away to turn them on? What gives....
    12-22-09 07:39 AM
    Hey where are my pop up buttons? Is there away to turn them on? What gives....
    options -> screen/keyboard->show key indicator
    12-22-09 07:41 AM
    I only use the voicemail speed dial, it worked last night and it is still working this morning. So I'm guessing it could be an app that is causing this issue?
    That's a scary thought. But I can't get voicemail speed dail to work anymore either. Hope it's not quicklaunch. That would mean having to go back .328, which I didn't like very much.
    12-22-09 07:46 AM
    options -> screen/keyboard->show key indicator
    Thanks, this is one feature I thought should have been included from day one.
    12-22-09 07:46 AM
    That's a scary thought. But I can't get voicemail speed dail to work anymore either. Hope it's not quicklaunch. That would mean having to go back .328, which I didn't like very much.
    I don't use speed dial other than for voice mail (I have QuickLaunch for everything else). I tried the VM speed dial, no problem. I added a number to my speed dial list, no problem. Everything seems to be working as expected.
    12-22-09 07:55 AM
609 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD