ever since i installed this os my indicator light has been permanently blue ive tried turning bluetooth on and off and ive done numerous battery pulls but it still stays blue
    12-20-09 05:32 PM
    is there an .exe installer for any of these yet or are they all hybrid-type installs?
    12-20-09 05:33 PM
    Anyone having issues with Nimbuzz with this hybrid? I cant log in
    12-20-09 05:53 PM
    Well for me, installation went without a hitch. I reinstalled os 5.0.328 on my pc. Then installed the .428 exe in the .328 directory, as explained in the forum. When you first click on the new .428 exe file it gives you 3 choices. I chose .428, but I must admit I didnt really read completely wht the differences was between the 3. Rebooted my pc, connected phone to pc, opened app loader, as installed as usual. After installation, did a battery pull, went through my typical adjustments on my phone, and good to go. I was very happy with .328, but had 2 issues for me. screen dimming when going from portrait to landscape, and I use voice dialing 99.9
    % of the time and most of the time since installing .328, would not work. It would always recognize who I was asking for and say connecting but would just hang. this new build fixes screen dimming issue and fixed voice dialing. It also has the return of pop up keys (ghosting) which I really liked in the older 5.0 builds. The pop up keys are now white and look more polished IMO. Everything else seems the same for now, no issues to speak of as of now, but hasnt been 24 hours yet since install. If anyone had those issues I spoke of and lots of you did lol definetly try this. Very happy thus far
    12-20-09 05:54 PM
    The two best OS that I have used prior to this .428 OS, .151 and .167, were pretty good but I got to say that this new OS is combining the best of all the OSs of the past and fixing just about anything that was wrong with the Storm. I have yet to find anything that does not work with this OS. My average battery discharge is about 5 with good usage and my memory is staying put at about 37 mbs plus since the OS hit the forum, about 48 hours ago. I am running these apps without any issues: Doc-to-go, Gmail app, Opera Mine Beta 2, Pandora, The Weather Channel app, Where, Google Maps, Google Sync, Meterberry, Poynt, Speedtest, Gvoice app, BB Messenger, Facebook, MemoPad, and Tasks. So about 15 apps and still got 37 mbs plus and phone does not miss a beat and BTW radio signal is real good. The best yet.

Can the 9530 really get better? I don't really know. I am not sure that for business functions it really can.
    12-20-09 06:26 PM
    i was on bbsak and looked for bb_mailbox... and it is not there.. and i still have black lines on my sms.. please help..
    12-20-09 07:02 PM
    go to options>sms test and change the conversation style to stripes. Should get rid of the black lines for you.

i was on bbsak and looked for bb_mailbox... and it is not there.. and i still have black lines on my sms.. please help..
    12-20-09 07:05 PM
    go to options>sms test and change the conversation style to stripes. Should get rid of the black lines for you.
    Hey thanks for the help but I already did that and the black stripe lags.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 07:14 PM
    Not really sure why it did not work for you. You may need to wipe and reload if it did not go away unless someone else has better idea. Sorry I can't help you more.

Hey thanks for the help but I already did that and the black stripe lags.

12-20-09 07:20 PM
    After several battery pulls, I can confirm speed dial is not working for me. It would work once right after reboot. But tried a second time, doesn't respond. In fact when I hold the number 3 (nothing assigned to it), it would say "Assign a Speed Dial to the 5 key?" Holding the number 9 will go to voicemail even though voicemail was suppose to be assigned to the number 1.

Has anyone's speed dial worked since doing a .419/.428 upgrade? Haven't tried rebooting my phone yet, but speed dial is a no go for me in this boot instance. Not a deal breaker for me, but if someone had this problem and found a fix (besides "downgrade to .328") please do tell!

12-20-09 08:01 PM
    After several battery pulls, I can confirm speed dial is not working for me. It would work once right after reboot. But tried a second time, doesn't respond. In fact when I hold the number 3 (nothing assigned to it), it would say "Assign a Speed Dial to the 5 key?" Holding the number 9 will go to voicemail even though voicemail was suppose to be assigned to the number 1.
    Just noticed this evening that I am having this same speed dial issue while using .428
    12-20-09 08:50 PM
    Curious about the speed dial issues. I just confirmed that mine is working on .419.

After I deleted the .328 files and reinstalled, I have had no problems at all with .419. .328 never should have been released officially.

I'm still not sold on this version restoring my faith in RIM. 5.0 has been a pretty huge letdown. The browser *is* faster than previous 5.0 incarnations, but is it fast enough to warrant staying with the Storm series rather than upgrading to the Droid/Nexus? I don't know the answer to that yet.
    12-20-09 09:06 PM
    Curious about the speed dial issues. I just confirmed that mine is working on .419.

After I deleted the .328 files and reinstalled, I have had no problems at all with .419. .328 never should have been released officially.

I'm still not sold on this version restoring my faith in RIM. 5.0 has been a pretty huge letdown. The browser *is* faster than previous 5.0 incarnations, but is it fast enough to warrant staying with the Storm series rather than upgrading to the Droid/Nexus? I don't know the answer to that yet.
    I too am tempted by the Droid. My son will be getting a Droid for Christmas, so I will have opportunity to check it out more closely.
    12-20-09 09:36 PM
    .328 definately a major improvement over .148 (for me at least ). But this .419 is miles ahead of .328. The keyboard is much better and the dimming issue is gone. I've never used speed dial, so its not an issue for me. RIM is getting very close with this one.
    12-20-09 10:17 PM
    Well for me, installation went without a hitch. I reinstalled os 5.0.328 on my pc. Then installed the .428 exe in the .328 directory, as explained in the forum. When you first click on the new .428 exe file it gives you 3 choices. I chose .428, but I must admit I didnt really read completely wht the differences was between the 3. Rebooted my pc, connected phone to pc, opened app loader, as installed as usual. After installation, did a battery pull, went through my typical adjustments on my phone, and good to go. I was very happy with .328, but had 2 issues for me. screen dimming when going from portrait to landscape, and I use voice dialing 99.9
    % of the time and most of the time since installing .328, would not work. It would always recognize who I was asking for and say connecting but would just hang. this new build fixes screen dimming issue and fixed voice dialing. It also has the return of pop up keys (ghosting) which I really liked in the older 5.0 builds. The pop up keys are now white and look more polished IMO. Everything else seems the same for now, no issues to speak of as of now, but hasnt been 24 hours yet since install. If anyone had those issues I spoke of and lots of you did lol definetly try this. Very happy thus far
    I downloaded the file from megaupload, but there was no installer? only CDMA and Java folders with .cod files in them? I know I'm sounding like a noob here but how do I get this to work?
    12-20-09 10:44 PM
    there are download leaks in the groups that are an .exe file
    12-20-09 10:55 PM
    If you downloaded Lyr's executable it will install the OS files over the top of whatever OS you have installed on your computer (should be .328). From that point you can use the loader to load it like any other OS. If you downloaded something that is just the files you copy and paste them over the OS installed on your computer, I would recommend getting Lyr's installer file to be safe.

I took this from someone elses post hope it helps. The .exe file you want is 116 megs
    12-20-09 11:27 PM
    0.428 is the best OS yet! Its definitely faster and I can't seem to find anything wrong. It just seems to work great.
    12-21-09 01:43 AM
    I too am tempted by the Droid. My son will be getting a Droid for Christmas, so I will have opportunity to check it out more closely.
    Be sure and let us know your impressions! I played with one briefly in the store on Saturday and was impressed.
    12-21-09 07:16 AM
    Still running the offical .328 and I haven't been on a hybred for a while ... yeah I know ... so the speed dial issue is definately holding me up. Been searching for a fix and hoping someone finds one. I downloaded the lyric .419/.425/.428 installer and I'm hoping someone can confirm if either of them has functioning speed dial. Maybe .419 ... but I don't want to be away over the holidays with an iffy OS. Don't want to do an ota downgrade either 'cause my berry is shrunk nice and tidy right now. Thanks
    12-21-09 08:53 AM
    Is anyone having issues with themes on .428? I have Elle WB today, and I am having all sorts of issues. For starters, most of my 3d party apps did not reload, yes they were backed up. But for some reason, my wallpaper is always showing using this theme. No matter what I click on, it still shows, but I get a black box around the selected or hovered choice. Odd.
    12-21-09 09:07 AM
    Running 419.

Keyboard spazzes. While typing in web input boxes, keyboard randomly pops down.

Plain text e-mail html links now work.
    12-21-09 09:22 AM
    Ok, what am I doing wrong? I downloaded and installed over .328 but I have no choice of what to install..at least that I can tell. just gives me .419 which blows on my phone. Also, for some reason theme settings wont tranfer
    12-21-09 09:23 AM
    anyone else having an issue getting 428 to activate properly on BES?
    12-21-09 10:15 AM
    anyone else having an issue getting 428 to activate properly on BES?
    I activated on BES a few hours ago without a problem. After installing the OS i just plugged into the DM on my work computer.
    12-21-09 10:24 AM
609 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD