Dimming problem seems to be corrected
    Keyboard no longer automatically pops up when opening an SMS thread! YAY!
    Facebook, Opera Mini 5, Slacker (except problem below) all work

Got the black lines through the SMS thread when scrolling
    Calendar entries seem truncated when in portrait...don't remember that previously....they're OK in landscape
    Still turns photos taken in portrait 90 degrees when sent by MMS
    Problem typing text in Slacker login screen...when typing in "email address" box, cursor would skip to password box after each letter. works if you type password first then email address.

Just loaded, so I'll try to update later.
    12-19-09 12:03 AM
    Pop up keys are in the hybrid right? I don't have them on.419

No multi touch typing anymore! What the **** we have had that since .167!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wasn't aware we had multi-touch typing, and I've had .328 since its release in October. Older 5.0 builds had no such thing as far as I can remember.

Sounds like a Storm2.

Anyways, I'm loading up 5.0.0.419 with the .428 Java, minus that one .cod file that's been giving people problems. Will post back with findings in a few.
    12-19-09 12:05 AM
    I wasn't aware we had multi-touch typing, and I've had .328 since its release in October. Older 5.0 builds had no such thing as far as I can remember.

Sounds like a Storm2.

Anyways, I'm loading up 5.0.0.419 with the .428 Java, minus that one .cod file that's been giving people problems. Will post back with findings in a few.
    Well it's not true multi touch...but since .167 if you type one character and then go to type a second character before your screen unpresses, you will have typed them both in the correct sequence with one screen click....

On this OS I can only type one letter per click...never two anymore. That's what I mean. Hope that makes sense.

True Storm 2 has complete multitouch typing where you can hold one key and type other characters...
    12-19-09 12:12 AM
    Pop up keys are in the hybrid right? I don't have them on.419

No multi touch typing anymore! What the **** we have had that since .167!
    In .419 to get the popups......Options>Screen/Keyboard>Show Key Indicator. Change it to "Always" or "On Touch and Hold".
    12-19-09 12:18 AM
    In .419 to get the popups......Options>Screen/Keyboard>Show Key Indicator. Change it to "Always" or "On Touch and Hold".
    OK...thanks.

They are different than in the past....little chat bubble type things...
    12-19-09 12:29 AM
    Maybe I missed someone's post, but...

when you plug into the computer the internal memory shows up as a drive again...yay!!!

So far I haven't had any trouble with Bluetooth, but I haven't tested everything. I did bring my profiles forward from .328 though and it paired up and worked beautifully in the car right from the start.

Nice to see the pop-ups back...I like the new version. Hope the bugs are fixed in it too!

I still haven't loaded my apps back on, because we went out to dinner and shopping, but everything seems to be working fine so far. Gonna load apps now and see what happens!
    12-19-09 12:56 AM
    So far so good for me as well.

Browser does indeed seem faster, at least at loading larger pages.

No problems so far with SMS scrolling, contacts or calendar (as described by some of the others above).

VAD is working great. No problems with recognizing contacts, completing calls, etc. (mind you, my original phone was replaced a few days ago due to a tight screen and this new one only had problems recognizing contacts ~40% of the time on .328).

Things seem to flow smoother than my previous .328 install.

BBM Groups are loading faster than they did with .328.

BB Maps is a lot faster.

So far I haven't experienced anything bad. Memory still drops when certain applications are open (e.g. BB Maps) but nothing too serious. We'll have to see how it holds up over the next couple of days.
    12-19-09 01:50 AM
    Well it's not true multi touch...but since .167 if you type one character and then go to type a second character before your screen unpresses, you will have typed them both in the correct sequence with one screen click....

On this OS I can only type one letter per click...never two anymore. That's what I mean. Hope that makes sense.

True Storm 2 has complete multitouch typing where you can hold one key and type other characters...
    i know exactly what you mean...thats my only problem with this os. it might be enough for me to switch back too. the multi touch is a LOT faster for me
    12-19-09 01:54 AM
    I had no problem with my install (5.0.0.419 with the .428 Java), as I took out that one .cod that was giving everyone problems. Shrunk a lot of stuff out to slash the OS footprint on my app memory.

- Boot memory is more or less the same as 5.0.0.328, 25.1MB w/ 22 Third Party apps installed (4 of them running in the background)
    - Boot-up time is similar to 5.0.0.328.
    - Options -> About shows 5.0.0.428. Now if we could only have the .428 radio (or later)

- Popup keys have returned ("Show Key Indicator"), and are much more pleasant to look at than the version in 5.0.0.230
    - May be placebo, but transitions feel more fluid and faster
    - The "Terms of Use" screen when opening RIM apps for the first time actually flick scrolls like it has momentum. Took much less time to reach "Agree" than ever before.
    - 5.0.0.191 and .230 had this glitch where if you were typing really fast in a text field in the Browser, you would somehow click whatever webpage button was "behind" the Virtual Keyboard. This only happened to me with Popup Keys enabled. This problem is no longer there, no matter how fast you type, even with Key Indicators enabled
    - Accelerometer is fast, just like .328 if not a tiny bit quicker. RIM seems to have got the accelerometer thing down pat now
    - Is it just my bad memory, or did the number of pictures that can still be taken come back to the Camera? I don't remember the Camera in .328 saying I had x amount of pictures left to take.
    - Browser feels faster than the .328/.428 hybrid I was running earlier. Is browser speed governed by the Browser .cod, the .sfi file, or both?
    - the new highlights around the keys make it much easier to see what you're pressing, even without the popup keys.

- Contacts flick scroll still acts like its having a seizure
    - Switching from "Normal" sound profile to "Vibrate" by holding down the Mute button from within a holster still doesn't work, and hasn't since like 4.7.0.148 or .151. Is this ever coming back?
    - Device does not cook my food for met yet.

I don't have any active SMS chats open, so I can't check for the black lines everyone is talking about.
    12-19-09 02:02 AM
    OK, I'm still having problems with stereo bluetooth when playing some videos (frame drop, sound gets ahead of video...). Not the end of the world, but still frustrating since this was never a problem in 4.7.

I just discovered that my text and email messages did not restore from the backup for some reason. Not a big deal for me, but might have been if it were someone else...

StormSlider is having issues with this OS and keeps activating itself at random. Have set permissions to allow and done numerous reboots and it's still acting up. Guess I'll bug DMG about this.

There are definitely improvements over .328 (so far), most notable of course is the lack of the dimming problem and the return of the pop-ups.

I noticed that the browser seems to be rendering pages better than before. Can't say if it's faster or not though.

I also managed to get an extra 4MB of memory somehow in this upgrade.

BTW, I installed the straight .419.
    12-19-09 02:22 AM
    So far the only thing I've noticed is that the keyboard doesn't pop up automatically when opening an sms string now. Anyone else? Hopefully a fix will come??
    12-19-09 06:23 AM
    could everyone please state what java they used when posting findings. I just woke and can't decide which to download.
    thanks in advance!!
    12-19-09 06:55 AM
    Is the fixed cdma/java file from .419? I loaded .428 and then used the fix error files and my phone now reads .419.
    12-19-09 07:34 AM
    So far the only thing I've noticed is that the keyboard doesn't pop up automatically when opening an sms string now. Anyone else? Hopefully a fix will come??
    I think this is a new look for SMS. I was reading the storm 2 threads and they have it also.
    12-19-09 07:39 AM
    I can finally reset my Storm with Meterberry! I have been able to do every thing but that with the last couple of hybrid but now works. Keeps getting better!
    I've been able to reset with Meterberry ever since Meterberry came out with an upgrade...a few months ago. Maybe you should upgrade Meterberry.
    12-19-09 08:08 AM
    I got latest version but no worries not since it works. Went to bed at 38mbs and stayed there while on the cradle. Never moved. That is a first for me. Usually drops down 1/2 or so over night. Love it so far have not seen anything I use that does not work.

I've been able to reset with Meterberry ever since Meterberry came out with an upgrade...a few months ago. Maybe you should upgrade Meterberry.
    12-19-09 08:16 AM
    What are you talking about?! lol... MOST people are thrilled that the keyboard no longer pops up automatically!
    12-19-09 08:21 AM
    Black lines in the SMS are there. I find that if you tap screen over the lines, they go away for the most part. Weird.
    12-19-09 08:28 AM
    Black lines in the SMS are there. I find that if you tap screen over the lines, they go away for the most part. Weird.
    what java are you using?
    12-19-09 08:42 AM
    I used the 428 since I ran the 328/428 hybrid
    12-19-09 08:47 AM
    So far so good with this leak. Memory stayed at 33.9 over night. Browser seems quick. The pop up keys are nice along with how the blue high lights on the keys look a lot better.

Only small problem I had was a java error on boot but deleted the mailbox cod. And black lines in the inbox sometimes.

All in all its a very nice release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 08:51 AM
    PRESS ENTER KEY TO SEND OPTION!!!! (in sms text)
    12-19-09 09:11 AM
    I just opened up Opera Mini 4.2.... and it now has a menu bar at the bottom of the screen with "Menu", a clock, and "Back"..... It's never been there before... there are also some new options in the settings menu..
    12-19-09 09:36 AM
    PRESS ENTER KEY TO SEND OPTION!!!! (in sms text)
    Hasn't that been there for awhile now?
    12-19-09 09:46 AM
    Yes, it has been like that for a long time.

Hasn't that been there for awhile now?
    12-19-09 09:47 AM
609 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD