is screen dim prob still there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 09:08 PM
    pros:
    -seems a little faster all around
    -pop up keys if you like it...i personally am not much for it.
    -the highlight over the keys has changed for the better
    -browser possibly a little quicker
    -loading up with more memory than before
    -looks like the dim screen problem is gone

cons:
    -touchscreen seems not to do right sometimes when i click on stuff now...this could just be the os settling though...ever reboot seems to get better.

all my apps seem to work fine too...edocrab didnt seem to work very nice with my last os, but it seems to be working now

ill edit if i find anything else
    Last edited by WLJohnson05; 12-18-09 at 09:14 PM.
    12-18-09 09:10 PM
    Screen Dimming Gone

Edit: Email link issue appears to be gone too...

Beejive seems to be having some difficulties ...I'm going to delete and reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Beejive works (had to reinstall)

Black lines appear when scrolling through sms/mms app. They go away if you back out of the conversation and then go back into it.
    Last edited by gafly; 12-18-09 at 09:43 PM.
    12-18-09 09:11 PM
    What about the email link issue

12-18-09 09:14 PM
    Thread cleaned up. Finding and fixes only folks!
    12-18-09 09:55 PM
    According to lyr you have to remove that file, maikboxiconmanager, and the boot errors go away.

How do you remove this file, where is it located, and when would you remove it? Thanks.
    12-18-09 09:57 PM
    Can anyone confirm the contents of the mega upload zip thats out? I downloaded it but it its only one java folder and a cdma folder. The java folder is 318 files at 41.9 MB. Is this just a shrunken down .419 and if so wheres the removed files folder? I assume this isnt the full lyricidal package thats out. I went to BBhybrids but cant download,keep getting error. Others are too as im seeing. Can anyone put the entire package in a zip and load to mega?
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 12-18-09 at 10:04 PM.
    12-18-09 09:59 PM
    Can anyone confirm the contents of the mega upload zip thats out? I downloaded it but it its only one java folder and a cdma folder. The java folder is 318 files at 41.9 MB. Is this just a shrunken down .419 and if so wheres the removed files folder? I assume this isnt the full lyricidal package thats out. I went to BBhybrids but cant download,keep getting error. Others are too as im seeing. Can anyone put the entire package in a zip and load to mega?
    You copy the Java file into the Java folder on your PC. You copy the CDMA radio file into your CDMA folder. All of these should be in the following directory if you're using Windows XP:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530AMEA_v5.0.0.328_P4.2.0.128

And then you can shrink the OS how you see fit.
    12-18-09 10:08 PM
    The folders were taken off a PC that had a web update on it. This means that the only files that were downloaded into those folders are the ones that were needed for that perticular phone to be updated properly... hence, not ALL files from this release will be in there. We've run into this before when we had another "non-leak" zipped up like this. Not all the files where in there and what ended up happeing when people installed it is you ended up with an incomplete load and some mix and match files. Then a few other releases came out that had all the files, with the exception of just a few, then the final build official exe came out. The rumor with that release was that the Java folder was taken from a PC that ran that version update on a Tour and the CDMA folder was taken off a PC that had run the Storm update... you know back when people "leaked" (wink wink) the builds.

I guess I'm the only one that remembers that...
    12-18-09 10:12 PM
    The folders were taken off a PC that had a web update on it. This means that the only files that were downloaded into those folders are the ones that were needed for that perticular phone to be updated properly... hence, not ALL files from this release will be in there. We've run into this before when we had another "non-leak" zipped up like this. Not all the files where in there and what ended up happeing when people installed it is you ended up with an incomplete load and some mix and match files. Then a few other releases came out that had all the files, with the exception of just a few, then the final build official exe came out. The rumor with that release was that the Java folder was taken from a PC that ran that version update on a Tour and the CDMA folder was taken off a PC that had run the Storm update... you know back when people "leaked" (wink wink) the builds.

Doesnt sound like i should install what i have right now then . Why cant someone get the .exe from the carrier that released it? I read this was a official release, what happened?
    12-18-09 10:19 PM
    OK seriously have that many people moved on to another device? where is everyone!
    Storm2 and Bold2 FTW !
    12-18-09 10:26 PM
    I remember that one too. There was alot of drama with that "leak" because of the Tour files that they filled in with. Still worked fine for me, but some people bitched for some reason.
    12-18-09 10:29 PM
    the leak works. i have it working on my phone right now. the only thing that seems to bug out some for me is the touchscreen when typing it is being quirky
    12-18-09 10:48 PM
    Doesnt sound like i should install what i have right now then . Why cant someone get the .exe from the carrier that released it? I read this was a official release, what happened?
    If it is official, then the exe will follow in a couple of days. The online installer and DM will sometimes allow the updated OS to be installed even though the exe hasn't been made official yet. Don't ask me why it's like this... it's a RIM thing.
    12-18-09 10:50 PM
    the leak works. i have it working on my phone right now. the only thing that seems to bug out some for me is the touchscreen when typing it is being quirky
    That kinda qualifies as a 'BIG THING". lol
    12-18-09 10:50 PM
    Which is precisely why I said that this was FAIL until we had a full exe.

But the "Brawndo's got electrolytes" crowd jumped me.

Whatever
    12-18-09 10:57 PM
    I actually have a finding:

It takes 4 seconds to close any media menu (i.e. music, videos, pictures), all else, such as inboxes and sms, is instant. Kind of odd..

Anyone else notice this?
    12-18-09 11:05 PM
    Also, I am shocked how few posts in this thread, usually there would be 300 or so by now. My Storm 2 is arriving Monday, so I'm migrating one forum up!
    12-18-09 11:07 PM
    I actually have a finding:

It takes 4 seconds to close any media menu (i.e. music, videos, pictures), all else, such as inboxes and sms, is instant. Kind of odd..

Anyone else notice this?
    all the menu stuff seems really snappy on mine
    12-18-09 11:08 PM
    Also, I am shocked how few posts in this thread, usually there would be 300 or so by now. My Storm 2 is arriving Monday, so I'm migrating one forum up!
    Yeahright. DROID!!!
    12-18-09 11:14 PM
    Weatherbug GPS locates much better and faster....it also updates much faster.....in .328 it was really slow and would fail a lot while indoors.

I don't see option for pop up keys....

I also don't see most of my third party apps listed in my applications list....they work they just don't show in the in the list....wonder if that is because I restored them with BBSAK....I don't usually do t that way

12-18-09 11:15 PM
    I don't think much of the black lines ruiming through the SMS box
    12-18-09 11:27 PM
    There is something going on where the camera zooms more than it used to....it still only goes to 2x but even zoomed all the way out it is zoomed in closer....Ok further testing shows zoomed out is the same...but 2x zoom is more zoomed in than 2x on .328

It also does something weird when you snap the picture while zoomed....like it shows at two zoom levels while processing...Basically it goes blank when you snap, shows the view from completely zoomed out for a moment and then snaps back to the correct zoom setting when the preview is fully processed.

Side by side the picture quality seems better than .328....in media folder thumbnails and pictures still look bad...pixelated. Pictures don't display in best quality unless you fit to screen....lame.

The icon for set picture as is also changed in the preview window directly after snapping a photo
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 12-19-09 at 12:17 AM.
    12-18-09 11:28 PM
    popup keys!!!

contacts still dont scroll smoothly the first time through..
    12-18-09 11:44 PM
    Pop up keys are in the hybrid right? I don't have them on.419

No multi touch typing anymore! What the **** we have had that since .167!

12-18-09 11:59 PM
609 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD