Hi, I'm in the uk using o2 carrier and I was just wondering our networks work differentlly from the ones in us for example sprint getting an update for the 8520 and verizon doesn't or w/e. Anywho my question is will I be able to updrage my os through my phone or do I have to do something in order to get it on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 11:35 PM
    First, both Sprint and Verizon are CDMA carriers so thier OS's won't work on your 8520. Any 8520 OS will work, regardless of what carrier releases it. The wireless update feature won't work unless o2 releases the OS and enables the wireless update feature. Otherwise, you'll need to download the OS you want and install it using Desktop manager.
    12-29-09 12:11 AM
    Isn't their a OTA download anywhere? I don't really want to do it through dm because firstly I don't know what I'm doing and secondly ill mess it up even if I attempt it p.s this is my first blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 03:50 PM
    Hi, I'm also on O2 in the UK. We don't get the Wireless Update feature for new OS upgrades, probably because its over 100MB files and just imagine every person doing that on their network which is already saturated by the iPhone users.

To upgrade you need to do it via the desktop manager, its very simple as I've just done an upgrade earlier today.

This is the link to the O2 carrier page, all you need to do is download the file related to your phone model. Then install the file that downloads and plug in your BlackBerry and open the Desktop Manager and then wait for it to be analysed and click on install. Then leave it alone until everything comes through saying its complete, it will turn off your phone and it will reinstall the driver on your PC.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B73B97E1AAA491
    12-30-09 12:46 PM
    I've had a look at that site, and the newest one is 4.6.1.465, so I'm guessing their is no 5.0? for the 8520.
    Last edited by iLPJ; 01-01-10 at 03:21 PM.
    12-31-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD