I would like to shrink my OS .402 with BBHTools that I have downloaded. I also would like to factory wipe then load the .402 from my laptop to my bb after shrinking it.

Would one post some step by step instructions as I have searched CB and havent come across instructions all in one place.

I saw a post stressed not to shrink maps as it deletes other files. Is there any other file/s I should leave well alone ?

The reason why I am wanting to shrink .402 which I already have is I hear mixed messages about the latest Chinese .437 and I havent heard much about .428.

If you have suggestions to update and shrink one of these I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
    06-02-12 02:06 PM
    If you're using BBH Tool, then anything on the checklist is safe to shrink out.

I would however keep the Latin TrueType font, as that will cause issues if removed.

Ignore the post you read about not shrinking out BB Maps. I've always done it and never had a problem.

As for instructions, you don't need them. Just check off what you want to remove, press Shrink My OS, then install it... job done.
    06-02-12 04:32 PM
    If you're using BBH Tool, then anything on the checklist is safe to shrink out.

I would however keep the Latin TrueType font, as that will cause issues if removed.

Ignore the post you read about not shrinking out BB Maps. I've always done it and never had a problem.

As for instructions, you don't need them. Just check off what you want to remove, press Shrink My OS, then install it... job done.
    Ok cheers. I've decided to update to .437. (Downloading now) Can you confirm that NFC is still there & that its similar to other OS's & isn't awful as some posts would suggest.
    06-02-12 04:39 PM
    .437 is awful... stick to .342 or .391 until something better comes along.

.437 is just an ancient build with a new number. It's full of bugs that were fixed long ago, but somehow reintroduced into this OS.

.402 and .428 have the embedded IT Policy and sketchy BIS. There's something fishy about that IT Policy...
    06-02-12 05:16 PM

.437 is just an ancient build with a new number. It's full of bugs that were fixed long ago, but somehow reintroduced into this OS.

.402 and .428 have the embedded IT Policy and sketchy BIS. There's something fishy about that IT Policy...
    Ok I've stopped & deleted the .437 DL.

I will shrink .402 - factory reset my bb in DM - then reload the shrunk .402 via DM

^Are these the correct steps^
    Last edited by Ben1232; 06-02-12 at 06:11 PM.
    06-02-12 05:25 PM
    I will shrink .402 - factory reset my bb in DM - then reload the shrunk .402 via DM

^is this the correct steps^
    No... the factory reset is pointless.

You use a Factory Reset to remove an IT Policy. With .402 you're installing an IT Policy.

Just wipe your device instead, and use Loader.exe not DM.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    06-02-12 05:32 PM
    No... the factory reset is pointless.

You use a Factory Reset to remove an IT Policy. With .402 you're installing an IT Policy.

Just wipe your device instead, and use Loader.exe not DM.
    It all went well. I now have 178Mb app storage.

Thanks
    06-02-12 06:08 PM
    Actually just running loader would have sufficed. It would remove the shrunk apps, while not requiring a reload at all.
    06-02-12 11:41 PM

Sorry for being lazy for not combing through those threads and at the risk of appearing naive, what in a nutshell is "bad" about the embedded IT policy? Thanks.
    06-10-12 05:47 PM
    Sorry for being lazy for not combing through those threads and at the risk of appearing naive, what in a nutshell is "bad" about the embedded IT policy? Thanks.
    Nothing 'bad' about it... I just don't like it being there. If I wanted to be restricted, I'd have gone with a company BES

Now we all know what it's actually there for (the new Parental Controls security feature), it's not really a problem anymore.
    06-10-12 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD