Ok so I've been waiting for Verizon to release the 5.0 os for the 2 months that I've had my Tour. What exactly is the official os that is out right now because I had some ***** today at their technical support tell me to go to their website and download the 5.0 software that was supposedly out( which it was not!) What is the newest leaked version and how is it working? Does it fix all of the ringtone problems?
    12-25-09 03:20 AM
    The leaked version that's out right now is the 5.0.0.230 and its pretty good, most seems to like it, you can download it from bbleaks.com and update through DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 05:51 AM
    Ok so I've been waiting for Verizon to release the 5.0 os for the 2 months that I've had my Tour. What exactly is the official os that is out right now because I had some ***** today at their technical support tell me to go to their website and download the 5.0 software that was supposedly out( which it was not!) What is the newest leaked version and how is it working? Does it fix all of the ringtone problems?
    theres a handfull of 5.0 leaks out there for the Tour, but the better one of them all is .230, dont download anything thats higher then that as there very buggy yet as we found out. .230 is the most stable of them all.
    12-25-09 05:52 AM
    4.7.0.61 is the "official" Verizon OS at this time. I converted to 5.0.0.230 about a week ago and there is a noticeable difference in lag, speed and overall performance on my phone. It only took about 20-30 minutes to update my phone via PC and USB connection.
    12-25-09 07:23 AM
    I can't seem to get mine installed, I followed many guides, and each time I plug my Tour in, it says no updates are needed. Anyone know why?
    12-25-09 01:08 PM
    4.7.0.61 is the "official" Verizon OS at this time. I converted to 5.0.0.230 about a week ago and there is a noticeable difference in lag, speed and overall performance on my phone. It only took about 20-30 minutes to update my phone via PC and USB connection.
    When you say there is a noticeable difference in lag you mean that the 5.0 is better right? I am having problems with the ring tones and stuff on 4.7.0.61 and I have heard all that is fixed in 5.0 is that correct? Do I have to remove anything like the vendor file or anything else or is it cool just downloaded?
    12-25-09 01:29 PM
    Can't seem to get .230 installed. installed once perfectly last week left a bluetooth pairing on there had to downgrade to 4.7 to get rid of pairing now it won't let me upgrade to .230 someone help
    12-25-09 01:40 PM
    The latest official tour release is 9630/4.7.1.65 from CBeyond. I am currently using this os and I find it to be faster and better battery life then the current sprint release of .57

12-25-09 02:12 PM
    Can't seem to get .230 installed. installed once perfectly last week left a bluetooth pairing on there had to downgrade to 4.7 to get rid of pairing now it won't let me upgrade to .230 someone help
    I also goofed and left my older bluetooth pairings and so far have just left it slightly botched up that way. Since I do not want to go through what you are going through.

I've thought about removing what I think is the bluetooth module and hoping that erases the pairings but my luck, that is the type of data that will be preserved even if I manually yank out the cod (hopefully, the right cod) and then reinstall it.
    12-25-09 03:57 PM
    I run 5.0 since I got Tour, and it worked just fine, until I have cracked LCD screen. Now I can not see anything - must be the buggy OS.
    12-25-09 04:05 PM
    Also, this is the link to use when you want to check for any 'official' updates, at least from Verizon:

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    12-25-09 06:38 PM
    5.0.230 is definitely the way to go. Loaded it and never looked back.

12-25-09 07:35 PM
    I still think it is better to upgrade when your carrier notifies you of OS updates..
    but it you have to update and have problems then you only have yourself to blame.
    Mine is on the 4.7.1.61 that Verizon notified me about and I don't have any issues.
    I have sod wireless and it is best to wait for notifications. But this is my opinion.
    12-25-09 07:43 PM
    Out of curiosity, what advantages does OS5.0 offer thats not present in 4.7? Any new features etc.?
    12-26-09 12:31 AM
    I still think it is better to upgrade when your carrier notifies you of OS updates..
    but it you have to update and have problems then you only have yourself to blame.
    Mine is on the 4.7.1.61 that Verizon notified me about and I don't have any issues.
    I have sod wireless and it is best to wait for notifications. But this is my opinion.
    In my opinion you must work for Verizon to be talking like this, either that or your not using your BB that much to have problems with it. Verizon sucks and is holding out on the 5.0 software for us Tour users while we sit around and have problems with this OS.
    12-26-09 12:39 AM
    In my opinion you must work for Verizon to be talking like this, either that or your not using your BB that much to have problems with it. Verizon sucks and is holding out on the 5.0 software for us Tour users while we sit around and have problems with this OS.
    And why do you believe Verizon is holding out on us? What about all the other carriers of the Tour that haven't released 5.0?
    12-26-09 06:30 AM
    Out of curiosity, what advantages does OS5.0 offer thats not present in 4.7? Any new features etc.?
    The biggest feature I have found is threaded SMS. Instead of having hundreds of texts in your inbox, you only have one conversation for each person. It's looks like instant messaging/blackberry messaging, but it's texting. Great feature! I love it.
    12-26-09 07:38 AM
    I had this happen the first time I loaded .230 and somehow managed to get it on the Tour.

Says "only blackberry service subscribers are entitled to install this BB Device software update".

Click next and I get this.

I clicked the link last week when I loaded the OS and somehow managed to get it loaded, now I cant figure out WTF is going on. I have loaded tons of OS's on my Storm and my wife's prior curve and never saw this message before.

I also cant load it through BBSAK or through Apploader. So i am at a loss for words and thoughts on how to load it. I also uninstalled my previous download of .230 and reloaded from another source and still get this message. Any thoughts?

I dont have BIS since I am on ATT and will not pay for it. Never figured with a leaked OS this would be the case to have BIS???
    12-26-09 09:22 AM
    When you say there is a noticeable difference in lag you mean that the 5.0 is better right? I am having problems with the ring tones and stuff on 4.7.0.61 and I have heard all that is fixed in 5.0 is that correct? Do I have to remove anything like the vendor file or anything else or is it cool just downloaded?
    +1

Curious if this bogs down your device.....ran the 5.0 OS on my 8330
    and it didn't run so well
    12-26-09 09:35 AM
    So I wiped and got 5.0.230 reloaded. Problem is I have no task or memopad option to load through DM. I loaded those yesterday and didnt realize that I was downgrading my OS in the process. So now the question is, where am I able to find memopad or tasks by not going through DM, or even possibly App world since I dont have BIS.
    12-26-09 10:56 AM
    My biggest complaint with .230 is that SMS freezes at the end of each line typed. It reallllly drives me up the wall.
    12-26-09 11:45 AM
    i don't have that bug. My biggest bug is the "Send Location" feature in BBM in OS 5 doesn't work
    12-26-09 01:20 PM
    I just installed .230. Do i have to find a leaked verison of BBM 5 to run on this now though?
    12-26-09 02:08 PM
    .230 is installing now. Just finished loading all the apps in the Desktop manager. Now its waiting for device initialization. Has been stuck on a bout quarter through the bar on loadup screen on the Tour. Should I be worried?
    12-26-09 02:12 PM
    I had this happen the first time I loaded .230 and somehow managed to get it on the Tour.

Says "only blackberry service subscribers are entitled to install this BB Device software update".

I clicked the link last week when I loaded the OS and somehow managed to get it loaded, now I cant figure out WTF is going on. I have loaded tons of OS's on my Storm and my wife's prior curve and never saw this message before.

I also cant load it through BBSAK or through Apploader. So i am at a loss for words and thoughts on how to load it. I also uninstalled my previous download of .230 and reloaded from another source and still get this message. Any thoughts?

I dont have BIS since I am on ATT and will not pay for it. Never figured with a leaked OS this would be the case to have BIS???
    Disconnect from the internet before updating.
    12-26-09 05:29 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD