Downloading now from secondary link. If anyone wants it I will try to host it locally.
    04-16-10 08:52 AM
    I installed last night, was booting with 41mb with my 13 apps installed. This am im down to 26. That's a memory leak in my book.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 08:58 AM
    Downloading now from secondary link. If anyone wants it I will try to host it locally.
    I'd love that "secondary link".
    04-16-10 09:36 AM
    Are you guys having issues with 5.0.0.610 or 5.0 in general regarding about huge battery drain after a reboot? I have 80% battery and after a reboot, it went to as low as 50% on .592. I would jump on this if it doesn't have the problem and also if there's no memory leak.
    For what it's worth, I have not had that problem ever occur on any OS I've ever used. Never have I seen the battery drop more than 5% during a reboot.

There are plenty of people who have reported it, however, so I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I just wonder what the difference is. Is it the usual suspect, clean wipe?

I've also heard people say that even though it drops from, say, 80% to 50% on reboot, it stays at 50% for hours and does not drop...i.e. it's just an aesthetic problem, not an actual battery discharge.
    04-16-10 09:52 AM
    I installed last night, was booting with 41mb with my 13 apps installed. This am im down to 26. That's a memory leak in my book.

Not if you stay pretty steady at 26MB. If it keeps dropping then yes, you have a memory leak - but as you know, more times than not, it's due to an app/theme you have installed, not the OS itself.
    04-16-10 09:52 AM
    04-16-10 10:52 AM
    Not if you stay pretty steady at 26MB. If it keeps dropping then yes, you have a memory leak - but as you know, more times than not, it's due to an app/theme you have installed, not the OS itself.
    Same apps on .592 and I never went below 35mb. Today I rebooted 12 hours after initual instal with 12mb.

04-16-10 12:43 PM
    Doing good so far for me. When i first installed i noticed free RAM was at 52.3MB before ANY apps installed which is higher than even 554. 592 started off with 48MB free. After a restore (my MMS/SMS/contacts, ETC) i started with 44MB, So far i installed the new google maps 4.0.1 (1.3MB) and podtrapper 2.6.9 (362KB). I'm down to 42.9MB after installing those 2 apps. I'll be waiting awhile befre installing anymore to see if there's a drastic change.

Weird, first time ever after a restore my calendar is a bit screwed up. Birthday are full day appointments instead of all day at the top.
    04-16-10 12:55 PM
    Does this update fix the choppy phone audio problem I have with .509?
    04-16-10 01:12 PM
    thanks!
    04-16-10 01:20 PM
    I installed the OS last night and also all my apps...I reboot with 29mb...since my last reboot 6 hours ago, I've only went down 4mb...the os seems solid, no issues to report...I recommend this OS to everyone, seems to be the best for me...no choppiness in phone calls...speaker screeching still present, as it was with .592 and earlier builds...one thing I noticed with .592 and was hoping to go away with .610 was that when I receive an sms stating that I have a voicemail, it seems to attach itself to any random thread, so then I won't be able to send an sms to that person unless I delete the thread and start fresh, its wierd but haven't be able to figure out how to get that to stop happening...

otherwise, I'll be sticking to this OS, I'm loving it
    04-16-10 02:15 PM
    After 24 hr of usage my memory is 18.6MB with my regular apps running in the background. With .509 I haven't seen my memory got below the 20MB, so this is a bummer.

Everything else then that, it's quit a good OS for me.

I'm perfectly satisfied with what I have, but I wanna try something new, a newer OS. Lift us some levels higher, RIM. Make the next leak OS 6.0.0.108.
    04-16-10 02:44 PM
    has anyone checked the audio (bluetooth) bug that came up in previous builds?
    04-16-10 02:55 PM
    thank you
    04-16-10 03:29 PM
    What is the bug? I don't use BT very often. Just to stream Flycast to my earpiece or car stereo.
    04-16-10 03:43 PM
    Thanks BlackBerry Brian but is it possible to have a secondary link on Megaupload? Rapidshare really sucks at my end.
    04-16-10 04:36 PM
    I installed it...came over from Willyboys .592 hybrid which has a bug for me in that the phone always shows a message, even after they all are read.

Looks good so far, but the browser seems slightly slower compared to the hybrid. I may drop back to the .554 hybrid.

Had the same quirk on an old OS, until i went into Messages>Menu>View Folders i found that i has a missed call message even though i delete the call log entry in the Phone App, the message was still there, i did reboots, batt pulls and then located the message in the Missed Calls message folder, try looking through the folders, who knows there could be a message hiding from you!
    04-16-10 06:19 PM
    I use my bluetooth daily and I have no issues with it...
    04-16-10 06:35 PM
    I've just installed this one.. and i see that the BBM is core program now... it says 5.0, why is everyone saying its the .66 version??
    04-16-10 08:13 PM
    I've just installed this one.. and i see that the BBM is core program now... it says 5.0, why is everyone saying its the .66 version??
    It's an abbreviation of 5.0.66
    04-16-10 08:46 PM
    I am in utter shock. I went from 464? (I think), briefly stopped by 592, and now this. I don't think this has been mentioned yet. 610 scores 93 on Acid3! The latest Firefox scores 94!

Now the disappointments:

It gets to 93, but it's damn slow getting there. Ditto for other sites with complex styling.

www.google.com/reader/i works almost flawlessly but again, it's slow, and the cursor doesn't change when hovering over links.

www.meebo.com/mobile worked but the scrolling was messed up so I couldn't see the IM's I sent or received but I can verify that it was sent.

So we're getting there in terms of proper rendering but I'm very disappointed on how slow it renders. What's the point of webkit if it's too slow to use?
    04-16-10 11:12 PM
    Anyone experienced any problems with Blackberry appworld since upgrading? I keep getting a DNS error when I try to get anywhere with the app.
    04-16-10 11:18 PM
    It has scored well on Acid3 on the last few builds. Turn off javascript and it's actually fast.

04-17-10 02:20 AM
    Is it possible for someone to post a secondary link to .610 on Megaupload? Don't want to miss the taste of new leak.
    04-17-10 05:50 AM
    Thanks BlackBerry Brian but is it possible to have a secondary link on Megaupload? Rapidshare really sucks at my end.
    Is it possible for someone to post a secondary link to .610 on Megaupload? Don't want to miss the taste of new leak.
    Ya know, you could have just downloaded it from the Rapidshare link in the amount of time you have spent asking for a Megaupload link.
    04-17-10 09:34 AM
197 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD