Absolutely disagree.

Really? You think the operating system is terrible?

This is absolutely off-topic but as someone who came from Windows Mobile and is always fixing things on my girlfriend's, family's, boss' iPhones...I am quite familiar with the differences between BB and the competition. Other operating systems might be prettier but if you compare BB and iPhone you'll see that there's customization on the BB that the iPhone nazi-OS would never dream of. The speed at which I can get things done on my BB makes iPhone looks like the toy it is.

Everything on my BlackBerry works well right now. I am so impressed with the browser - it's now closed the gap between itself and iPhone significantly in the last few builds. That was the only significant weakness I feel other than what i deem unimportant visual appeal and gaming categories when compared to the iPhone.

You are obviously trying all the new beta OS leaks...and I can't imagine you'd actually be basing your comments on the results you get as a beta tester. The SMS bug? It's FIXED in this BETA. I don't use BBM enough to know if avatars are showing up or not. I've never had any contact getting corrupted...but I have it backed up in 3 different ways so it wouldn't be a big problem. The point being that these are beta, leaked versions, that can be wildly buggy sometimes. You know this though.

If you need a toy - you have the wrong phone.

If push comes to shove, you can still lean on the fact that there is no phone keyboard in the world that even comes close to that of the Bold 9000 (and successors), in my opinion. You can have the touchscreens out there any day...until I can have one with my Bold keyboard (neeeeed a Dakota please)...I'm not going anywhere soon.

My Iphone was fun (until it was stolen) but it could not provide the bb experience. As far as communication and security go, bb is still on top.

If you listen to the crackberry podcast, there are exciting things in the works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 04:07 PM
    you pretty much didn't read anything i typed i see, first of all i didn't say i wanted an iphone, and if you want to talk about customization, android annihilates blackberry in that department, it's open source, you can change literally every aspect of it, and has a way larger development community than RIM will EVER get. i never said i needed a toy, and if you're seriously going to say everything works great on blackberry well then i sort of have to assume you're smoking crack. there is simply no comparison in android to blackberry. our blackberry's are running a java os that is the same as a motorola razr ran nearly 7 year ago. and saying that the blackberry browser has closed the gap between the iphone...dude, load a page with javascript, i can show you a few pages that will completely lock the phone up trying to load, and the iphone or android will load them in 10 seconds with full java...i mean seriously, the browser is ancient. but again, i said nothing about wanting an iphone, actually i HATE the iphone.. as for exciting things to come for blackberry...i mean it's just not going to happen, not anytime soon anyway. this webkit browser... i'll bet any of you any amount of money that no current blackberry will run it, and you won't see it till 6.0, and even that, i'd bet won't be out till next year. if it was even remotely close to release or on the horizon you'd be seeing more of it right now. thats how it was with 5.0 and all the other ones. i just think that RIM can't change anything quick enough. with analysts and surveys showing numbers like at least 40% of current blackberry owners are getting an android or iphone in the next year...rims consumer market is at it's end.
    Last edited by katiepea; 04-09-10 at 04:10 PM.
    04-09-10 04:07 PM
    you pretty much didn't read anything i typed i see, first of all i didn't say i wanted an iphone, and if you want to talk about customization, android annihilates blackberry in that department, it's open source, you can change literally every aspect of it, and has a way larger development community than RIM will EVER get. i never said i needed a toy, and if you're seriously going to say everything works great on blackberry well then i sort of have to assume you're smoking crack. there is simply no comparison in android to blackberry. our blackberry's are running a java os that is the same as a motorola razr ran nearly 7 year ago. and saying that the blackberry browser has closed the gap between the iphone...dude, load a page with javascript, i can show you a few pages that will completely lock the phone up trying to load, and the iphone or android will load them in 10 seconds with full java...i mean seriously, the browser is ancient. but again, i said nothing about wanting an iphone, actually i HATE the iphone.. as for exciting things to come for blackberry...i mean it's just not going to happen, not anytime soon anyway. this webkit browser... i'll bet any of you any amount of money that no current blackberry will run it, and you won't see it till 6.0, and even that, i'd bet won't be out till next year. if it was even remotely close to release or on the horizon you'd be seeing more of it right now. thats how it was with 5.0 and all the other ones. i just think that RIM can't change anything quick enough. with analysts and surveys showing numbers like at least 40% of current blackberry owners are getting an android or iphone in the next year...rims consumer market is at it's end.
    You are simply overreacting.

First you have to recognize that BlackBerry is first and foremost a business phone. The consumer market is a new segment for them. Don't think for one second they're going to ditch what made them successful in the first place to cater to kids who need a toy rather than a communications device. I'm going to hope that you're aware of how long it took for RIM to get the OS, security first, to where it is and how difficult a process it would be to just jump off the java ship and recreate the same thing on an entirely new platform.

I used the iPhone as an example because it is the most popular smartphone (if you exclude 83** BB's) and I do not have hands on experience with the relatively new Android OS.

I'm sorry but for me, BlackBerry works amazingly quick and efficiently and I can really only think of a few complaints at this point...

1) Memory constraint. This is only an issue until you upgrade to a new BB with 256MB+ instead of the 128MB on the Bold 9000. Still, I went 3 weeks without reboot on .509 and just did a week without reboot on .592 before installing upgrades that required a reboot. On 4.6 I hit 40+ days of uptime.

2) Browser. It is INDEED much better than before...so much better. Large websites with javascript and lots of pictures load MUCH faster than than they did with 4.* OS and early 5.0. What's really missing is Flash support but even iPhone doesn't do that. Oh and I still see my friend's iPhone Safari browser crash or freeze once in awhile. That's rare but same with my BB. That being said I don't think a small screen is the place to expect amazing browsing anyways. It works quite well in a pinch though.

3) Shazam doesn't work on .592. The 1-2 times a month I use it I'm gonna be pissed. I know.

Lastly, hate on Java all you want but saying the Razr and BB have the same OS because they both are Java-based is totally ridiculous. That's like saying a computer with Windows 3.0 and one with Windows 7 are comparable.

If you love Android so much then go. BlackBerry is improving and growing it's customer-base with or without you...don't expect that to change all of a sudden next year because some analyst poll says it will. RIM's consumer market is not at it's end...it's at its beginning.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-09-10 at 04:35 PM.
    04-09-10 04:31 PM
    Anythings possible. :-) I'm happy with my berry.

04-09-10 04:32 PM
    You are simply overreacting.

First you have to recognize that BlackBerry is first and foremost a business phone. The consumer market is a new segment for them. Don't think for one second they're going to ditch what made them successful in the first place to cater to kids who need a toy rather than a communications device. I'm going to hope that you're aware of how long it took for RIM to get the OS, security first, to where it is and how difficult a process it would be to just jump off the java ship and recreate the same thing on an entirely new platform.

I used the iPhone as an example because it is the most popular smartphone (if you exclude 83** BB's) and I do not have hands on experience with the relatively new Android OS.

I'm sorry but for me, BlackBerry works amazingly quick and efficiently and I can really only think of a few complaints at this point...

1) Memory constraint. This is only an issue until you upgrade to a new BB with 256MB+ instead of the 128MB on the Bold 9000. Still, I went 3 weeks without reboot on .509 and just did a week without reboot on .592 before installing upgrades that required a reboot. On 4.6 I hit 40+ days of uptime.

2) Browser. It is INDEED much better than before...so much better. Large websites with javascript and lots of pictures load MUCH faster than than they did with 4.* OS and early 5.0. What's really missing is Flash support but even iPhone doesn't do that. Oh and I still see my friend's iPhone Safari browser crash or freeze once in awhile. That's rare but same with my BB. That being said I don't think a small screen is the place to expect amazing browsing anyways. It works quite well in a pinch though.

3) Shazam doesn't work on .592. The 1-2 times a month I use it I'm gonna be pissed. I know.

Lastly, hate on Java all you want but saying the Razr and BB have the same OS because they both are Java-based is totally ridiculous. That's like saying a computer with Windows 3.0 and one with Windows 7 are comparable.

If you love Android so much then go. BlackBerry is improving and growing it's customer-base with or without you...don't expect that to change all of a sudden next year because some analyst poll says it will. RIM's consumer market is not at it's end...it's at its beginning.
    i don't think it's ridiculous of me to compare bb os to razr's java os because well, that comparison has been made by a myriad of different sites and blogs, namely, this one. there have been numerous articles written by the people that run this, and other blackberry fan sites criticizing rim's decision to stick it out with java and not move on. they've compared it to band-aiding a race engine going at the speed of light. and well, it's true, theres nothing new coming out of blackberry, just band-aids over irrelevant technology. and that said, i love my blackberry, i just am upset that they aren't making steps forward. at least, not big ones.
    04-09-10 06:23 PM
    i don't think it's ridiculous of me to compare bb os to razr's java os because well, that comparison has been made by a myriad of different sites and blogs, namely, this one. there have been numerous articles written by the people that run this, and other blackberry fan sites criticizing rim's decision to stick it out with java and not move on. they've compared it to band-aiding a race engine going at the speed of light. and well, it's true, theres nothing new coming out of blackberry, just band-aids over irrelevant technology. and that said, i love my blackberry, i just am upset that they aren't making steps forward. at least, not big ones.
    Java itself has greatly improved since the days of the RAZR. Just like Windows has improved since the early days. The RAZR wasn't even a smartphone...a better metaphor might be comparing something like the Windows Mobile Phone OS (not pocketpc) from 2005 to the current Windows Mobile 7 (sorry I don't remember what they're calling the Windows platforms these days...they've done a horrible job of branding).

I am not saying Java is the most robust platform. I am not saying RIM should never consider leaving it. What I am saying is that RIM continues to improve its OS and I think it's great. I've only been a BB user for 18 months now and I've seen vast improvement in the only device I've owned; the 9000. Compared to my boss' 8330 it's vastly superior. Compare that to the 8700g without trackball (read: it has a wheel on the side instead) and THAT is vastly superior.

RIM has come a long way and they've done so without compromising that which makes BB's the superior communications device on the market...along with enterprise security and customization/control. I am confident they will continue to improve.

I still don't see what's so great about Android that makes you predict the impending death of BlackBerry. You don't seem inclined to point to specifics.
    04-09-10 07:15 PM
    Java itself has greatly improved since the days of the RAZR. Just like Windows has improved since the early days. The RAZR wasn't even a smartphone...a better metaphor might be comparing something like the Windows Mobile Phone OS (not pocketpc) from 2005 to the current Windows Mobile 7 (sorry I don't remember what they're calling the Windows platforms these days...they've done a horrible job of branding).

I am not saying Java is the most robust platform. I am not saying RIM should never consider leaving it. What I am saying is that RIM continues to improve its OS and I think it's great. I've only been a BB user for 18 months now and I've seen vast improvement in the only device I've owned; the 9000. Compared to my boss' 8330 it's vastly superior. Compare that to the 8700g without trackball (read: it has a wheel on the side instead) and THAT is vastly superior.

RIM has come a long way and they've done so without compromising that which makes BB's the superior communications device on the market...along with enterprise security and customization/control. I am confident they will continue to improve.

I still don't see what's so great about Android that makes you predict the impending death of BlackBerry. You don't seem inclined to point to specifics.
    it's as simple as numbers like 40% of blackberry owners want to switch to android or iphone, i'll make the windows analogy since you like that one so much. blackberry is windows 95 compared to android/iphone being windows 7. as far as what can be done with development for it.
    04-09-10 08:05 PM
    it's as simple as numbers like 40% of blackberry owners want to switch to android or iphone, i'll make the windows analogy since you like that one so much. blackberry is windows 95 compared to android/iphone being windows 7. as far as what can be done with development for it.
    It's not that simple if you actually look at the survey and ask questions. Questions like how many BlackBerry users is that 40% number based on? The answer is 171. Specifically, users who took the time to take a random online survey. What does that say about the survey? By the way...that survey was done by "Crowd Science" - a beta startup company whose blogs receive no responses...that's the kind of research RIM should be looking to for advice on their multi-billion dollar franchise?

For me, it's not so plain and simple that it's something you can assume is basically factual. Rather, I think it's quite a waste of time...especially considering MANY of those 171 who spell the doom of RIM are probably using a value BlackBerry like the 83** or 87** series and see Android and iPhone as big upgrades. Those BB models are, of course, the most popular and yet they are many years behind the newer models. You can't compare them to new, top of the line smart phones. Do you realize how many people have an old crappy Curve and don't realize what a massive improvement they'd see by upgrading to a newer model with 3G, OS 5.0, more memory and faster processors and so much more? Perhaps that is RIM's fault.

Your Windows metaphor definitely fails...Windows 95 has been improved every few years to its current state of Windows 7. Just like Java has been improved. Just like RIM's BlackBerry lines have improved from scroll wheels to track balls to optical trackpads and 4.* OS to 5.0.

I still haven't heard any examples of what you expect a BlackBerry to do that's so great on an Android or iPhone.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-09-10 at 09:54 PM.
    04-09-10 09:48 PM
    how are those models years behind newer models? the only difference is theme and screen resolution really, i mean yeah speed wise, but thats just hardware, the operating system is nearly identical and as far as functionality goes, an 8330 does everything a 9000 does. and no, the windows metaphor is probably the only accurate one made today. to sit here and defend java like this..i mean jesus man.. do a little research, nobody in their right minds thinks that java is the future of anything except RIM. in fact it won't even be used on the web after html5 is standard, so the only people using it would be RIM. and scrollball to trackpad is definitely an improvement, it's a new piece of hardware utilizing no new features and even the trackpad is old technology.
    04-09-10 09:53 PM
    nobody in their right minds thinks that java is the future of anything except RIM.
    Oracle do that's why they $7.4B for Sun to get Java (and clean it up).

But now this is really getting off topic...

-- Robert.
    04-09-10 10:04 PM
    how are those models years behind newer models? the only difference is theme and screen resolution really, i mean yeah speed wise, but thats just hardware, the operating system is nearly identical and as far as functionality goes, an 8330 does everything a 9000 does. and no, the windows metaphor is probably the only accurate one made today. to sit here and defend java like this..i mean jesus man.. do a little research, nobody in their right minds thinks that java is the future of anything except RIM. in fact it won't even be used on the web after html5 is standard, so the only people using it would be RIM. and scrollball to trackpad is definitely an improvement, it's a new piece of hardware utilizing no new features and even the trackpad is old technology.
    For someone with over 1,000 posts on CrackBerry you are quite the hater.

I am not defending Java - I am saying it does everything that 99% of people want their phones to do and it does it really well. Maybe it's not the future, but for the present it's working quite well. Each response I have asked for some specific thing you want the BlackBerry to do that it can't do because of Java and you've given me nothing...I'm just waiting for you to say you want to play World of Warcraft of your phone or something.

Everything is better about a Bold 9000 compared to a Curve...and Bold 9000 is 18 months old. Faster processor, more memory, higher screen resolution, OS 5.0 (compared to most 83** models), more application support, WAYYYY better keyboard, sleeker design, etc. etc. etc.

I just want to add that I hate that you're one of those people who makes claims without any sort of evidence or explanation...just a "no you're wrong" like: "and no, the windows metaphor is probably the only accurate one made today." No offense but that's becoming clear to me.
    04-09-10 10:05 PM
    Woops, sorry....thought this was the .592 OS thread. How did I wind up in "Blackberry sucks" thread? eh
    04-10-10 03:08 PM
    The irony is that you have done exactly what you say you hate that I have done, which is counter everything with "I know you are but what am I".
    Your Windows metaphor definitely fails...Windows 95 has been improved every few years to its current state of Windows 7. Just like Java has been improved. Just like RIM's BlackBerry lines have improved from scroll wheels to track balls to optical trackpads and 4.* OS to 5.0.

I still haven't heard any examples of what you expect a BlackBerry to do that's so great on an Android or iPhone.
    well i still haven't seen you give an example of how RIM has improved it's OS that much, which is my only point, it's minor upgrades and band-aids on every aspect of it. I'm sorry but you've failed to really exemplify exactly what is better about a bold than a curve, all you did was mention hardware upgrades when clearly this discussion has been about software from the start. The software difference between 4.5 and 5.0 is noticeable, however it's not drastic and it's all virtually speed increases. An 8330 does everything a 9000 can do, and a 9700 for that matter the newer ones may do it faster, but you're missing the point, nearly all functionality is identical. If you want specific examples well then ok.

The iPhone and Android platforms have a developer community that is dedicated and massive, making rich content featured apps that interact with the user, phone, and contacts in a way that blackberrys java os can not provide. the iphone was taunted for lagging with mms and push services, but as of date, RIM is now behind in push services. apple released 3rd party push services last year, RIM just did this last month. it's a big deal especially for a company that keeps putting out phones with extreme memory limitations. each year apple releases a software update for their platform, every year has brought numerous upgrades and features, from exchange support, to push services, to app store, the same applies to android, tho they're at a much faster pace. with blackberry, what we get are a myriad of nearly identical phones, what are there now, 5 curve models that vary slightly? a 9700 that is arguably worse than a 9000, or at least identical just smaller. a storm that is widely considered to be the joke of the mobile industry. a tour that has a 40% return rate. and each one, has the same old OS. the same unfeatured java OS that nobody wants to develop for anymore. apple and android have major developers, billion dollar companies developing for them. there are applications that can scan streets with your camera on an android phone and iphone and put up virtual reality directions and rich content , meanwhile us blackberry users get this newsflash today
    or this

calling me a hater is absurdity at it's worst. whats wrong with me wanting blackberry to be better? and well, the simple truth is, that right now it's not better than android, the end. people can sit here and blindly defend RIM and charge full steam ahead with that thought, people can say OHHH YOU HATE BLACKBERRY WTF GTFO, but that simply isn't the case. i love blackberry, i just want it to be better, and judging from the past, i don't see it getting there. you can also keep screaming PROVE THAT BLACKBERRY ISN'T THE BEST, and claim i'm not giving examples but i've given plenty, especially in a side by side manner, theres not one single app that exists on all platforms that is better on the blackberry, blackberry twitter clients, facebook, instant messengers, radio, music, mail etc clients all are worse iterations of iphone and android offerings, and dramatically so. the stuff that android and iphone can do aren't possible within constraints of java. if java were the future, someone other than RIM would be using it. but as time goes on in the next year, you'll get more and more and more and more stories about developers leaving, projects being abandoned, and marketshare dwindling. why do i think this? because it's already happening, it's been happening, and until people stop being fanboys and face the reality of it, it's not going to improve.
    04-10-10 03:18 PM
    The irony is that you have done exactly what you say you hate that I have done, which is counter everything with "I know you are but what am I".

well i still haven't seen you give an example of how RIM has improved it's OS that much, which is my only point, it's minor upgrades and band-aids on every aspect of it. I'm sorry but you've failed to really exemplify exactly what is better about a bold than a curve, all you did was mention hardware upgrades when clearly this discussion has been about software from the start. The software difference between 4.5 and 5.0 is noticeable, however it's not drastic and it's all virtually speed increases. An 8330 does everything a 9000 can do, and a 9700 for that matter the newer ones may do it faster, but you're missing the point, nearly all functionality is identical. If you want specific examples well then ok.

The iPhone and Android platforms have a developer community that is dedicated and massive, making rich content featured apps that interact with the user, phone, and contacts in a way that blackberrys java os can not provide. the iphone was taunted for lagging with mms and push services, but as of date, RIM is now behind in push services. apple released 3rd party push services last year, RIM just did this last month. it's a big deal especially for a company that keeps putting out phones with extreme memory limitations. each year apple releases a software update for their platform, every year has brought numerous upgrades and features, from exchange support, to push services, to app store, the same applies to android, tho they're at a much faster pace. with blackberry, what we get are a myriad of nearly identical phones, what are there now, 5 curve models that vary slightly? a 9700 that is arguably worse than a 9000, or at least identical just smaller. a storm that is widely considered to be the joke of the mobile industry. a tour that has a 40% return rate. and each one, has the same old OS. the same unfeatured java OS that nobody wants to develop for anymore. apple and android have major developers, billion dollar companies developing for them. there are applications that can scan streets with your camera on an android phone and iphone and put up virtual reality directions and rich content , meanwhile us blackberry users get this newsflash today
    or this

calling me a hater is absurdity at it's worst. whats wrong with me wanting blackberry to be better? and well, the simple truth is, that right now it's not better than android, the end. people can sit here and blindly defend RIM and charge full steam ahead with that thought, people can say OHHH YOU HATE BLACKBERRY WTF GTFO, but that simply isn't the case. i love blackberry, i just want it to be better, and judging from the past, i don't see it getting there. you can also keep screaming PROVE THAT BLACKBERRY ISN'T THE BEST, and claim i'm not giving examples but i've given plenty, especially in a side by side manner, theres not one single app that exists on all platforms that is better on the blackberry, blackberry twitter clients, facebook, instant messengers, radio, music, mail etc clients all are worse iterations of iphone and android offerings, and dramatically so. the stuff that android and iphone can do aren't possible within constraints of java. if java were the future, someone other than RIM would be using it. but as time goes on in the next year, you'll get more and more and more and more stories about developers leaving, projects being abandoned, and marketshare dwindling. why do i think this? because it's already happening, it's been happening, and until people stop being fanboys and face the reality of it, it's not going to improve.
    Again, it appears that you need a toy.

I need my phone to do calls, text, email...and I don't see any other phone that does that better than BlackBerry. Maybe it's just the keyboard - that is a big deal for me. The vastly improved browsing and efficient and easy interface for videos and mp3s are nice bonuses.

I'm not hopping over to Android of iPhone any time soon because they have better Facebook or Twitter apps or something. I don't need to use those so often that they need to be on my phone.

This OS, 5.0.0.592, is another step towards improving BlackBerry and I am quite happy with what they've done - and I hope they keep it up.

Good luck to you - I'm done derailing this thread with my responses to your ranting. Sorry everyone.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-10-10 at 04:45 PM.
    04-10-10 04:26 PM
    Sometimes, people just wake up angry at their phone.

04-10-10 04:41 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...ercell-451040/

04-10-10 05:57 PM
    Sometimes, people just wake up angry at their phone.

Lol

04-11-10 01:55 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...ercell-451040/

Thanks for the link, is there any benefit to upgrading to the official os?

04-11-10 01:56 AM
    Thanks for the link, is there any benefit to upgrading to the official os?

I'm not sure, I just thought I'd post the link to give the ppl in the thread the option to update!

04-11-10 02:09 AM
    I'm not sure, I just thought I'd post the link to give the ppl in the thread the option to update!

Well sounds like if nothing else, the official is a tad smaller. More memory is more memory. :-)

04-11-10 02:31 AM
  21. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    How do I remove BBM from this version? Its part of the core apps and I can't remove it under applications. I will have to some how use app loader to remove it but I dont know how. I never use BBM and it just takes up room and memory and is a waste for me!
    04-11-10 03:16 AM
    How do I remove BBM from this version?
    1. On your BlackBerry browse to www.blackberry.com/messenger
    2. Download BBM OTA there (5.0.57 at time of writing)
    3. Reboot
    4. Now you will can remove BBM through Applications on your BB.

-- Robert.
    04-11-10 04:26 AM
    How do I remove BBM from this version? Its part of the core apps and I can't remove it under applications. I will have to some how use app loader to remove it but I dont know how. I never use BBM and it just takes up room and memory and is a waste for me!

Roberts method is the only way. In app loader its greyed out and unclickable. I don't know why they are making it a core app. Some of us have no use for it with all the other forms of communication this device supplies. :-)

04-11-10 05:05 AM
    Again, it appears that you need a toy.

I need my phone to do calls, text, email...and I don't see any other phone that does that better than BlackBerry. Maybe it's just the keyboard - that is a big deal for me. The vastly improved browsing and efficient and easy interface for videos and mp3s are nice bonuses.

I'm not hopping over to Android of iPhone any time soon because they have better Facebook or Twitter apps or something. I don't need to use those so often that they need to be on my phone.

This OS, 5.0.0.592, is another step towards improving BlackBerry and I am quite happy with what they've done - and I hope they keep it up.

Good luck to you - I'm done derailing this thread with my responses to your ranting. Sorry everyone.
    I totally agree and disagree.

I too use my blackberry for business and while I find messaging is top notch with bes and is really the most reliable email system to date; I find other areas truly lacking.

1. VOIP , our company uses sip protocol and all , I repeat all business phones support that .my older nokia supported that over wifi.even skype is not supported for the lack of full duples audio recording /playback. I used VOIP over wifi for unif. Communications.now I don't .

2. Browser is a joke in 2010 . While it does 80% of what I want , we compare it to opera mini . For god's sake opera mini is targeted to lower end mobile sets and is a substitute for an ok browser. And believe me a browser now is a business tool. My 9000 does not open e banking portals nor markets trading ..I have to drag my laptop for that.

3. Java is really a joke ,nokia, windows and android only use java for very simple tools not a full os .. Did u even know that rim has a show case that was leaked for the os 4.2 that runs as an application on htc tytn 2. Java just adds too much over head , even the core of the os is written in c and compiled natively to run on arm .
    128 Mb is a lot of memory by smartphone standards (9000), but under java we have to keep looking for better builds that have no mem leaks .

To me the only reasons on black berry (which I started using 6 months ago after symbians, windows , iphones ) are

1. Top notch email.really nothing is comparable.
    2. Bbm
    3. Flat rate blackberry plan.
    4. Very low traffic while roaming hence lower costs for me.

I loved BB to the degree that I sold all my phones ,since I don't like carrying more than one.
    But come on , what's with the 9700 . After 2 years fromm 9000 and all they could do is double the ram and add a touch pad but they even screwed up and made a smaller screen ..

I really hope that rim looks up a bit and start moving perhaps in 2 parallel tracks.

Perhaps even start os 7 from now that is not based on java .

04-11-10 03:09 PM
    Anybody have a problem with Opera Mini 5 and posting here? Some posts work, others don't. I have a time getting to post as well as strange scrolling through text in a post field in a web page (like the app switcher scrolling problem). I am running 5.0.0.592 with Opera Mini 5.0.18739.

Last edited by pineypl; 04-11-10 at 10:10 PM.
    04-11-10 10:07 PM
218 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD