YIKES!!! I did some MMS'ing today -- a video and three pics, and also sent 3 pics to Facebook, all stuff I normally do w/o problem. I checked my memory a little while ago and I'm down to 18 MB, after rebooting to 37 MB only this morning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 03:27 PM
    this is the best call quality i've experienced on the 9000 to date, memory isn't as good as .509 but i haven't went under 20mb yet. this guy saying pretty much 'everything' lags like facebook, bbm, etc, maybe should try wifi or another network, facebook, twitter, bbm all fly, i experience no lag anywhere and have never seen a spinning clock once, overall nothing negative to report here.
    04-03-10 05:32 PM
    ?????? What device are you using that you boot with 110MB? Cause it sho-nuff ain't a BOLD 9000.

I installed .592 the day it leaked. Booting with 39 and stabilizing around 32.
    1. Radio is horrible, dropping calls like crazy (then again I have a 9700 so I am spoiled)
    2. I find the build very laggy with a lot of apps.
    Facebook app isn't even worth installing, it lags the entire device, I uninstalled it and use the mobile site.
    BBM sometimes lags
    Yahoo IM also lags
    3. 3G fluctuates wildly while stationary at my other house, which usually got full bars non stop.
    4. Like all 5.0 builds for the 9000, I don't use 3rd party themes...memory leaks kill the phone.
    5. When I'm on the phone the lag is intense.
    6. Also, this build has the speaker phone bug (loud squeal when you put it on speaker) I never use speaker but tested it to see.

It's a bit disconcerting to see build after build and have to settle on a .509 as a 'safe build'. .509 was filled with (I like this word you Englishmen use) "niggles" lol. I think I will have a heart attack the day a niggle free 5.0 for the 9000 hits the streets.
    I got this 9000 2 months ago, it was a warranty return due to a trackball failure (I know, hard to believe!) So the device is brand new. I used 4.6 as long as I could and then couldn't take it. I'm glad I went to 5.0 but sheesh, c-mon devs, order an espresso and get crackin!

Wow, Im not having any of those problems. I have a lot of apps, not having any problems with any of them. I used speaker phone today when my bluetooth died and experienced no problems. My gps is finally working and my battery drain seems to have been temporary. Call quality is awesome! On 509 I had to contsantly call people back becuase of the choppiness.
    04-03-10 07:30 PM
    YIKES!!! I did some MMS'ing today -- a video and three pics, and also sent 3 pics to Facebook, all stuff I normally do w/o problem. I checked my memory a little while ago and I'm down to 18 MB, after rebooting to 37 MB only this morning.

Mine seems to be dropping from 35 to 25 within an hour of a reboot after that it doesnt seem to go down anymore.
    04-03-10 07:32 PM
    Huh, I'm suddenly rebooting to only 34.5, about a 3MB loss since I first installed 2 1/2 days ago (and close to a 8MB loss from .554). I'm as stripped down as I've ever been with this phone app-wise.

The memory here seems a throwback to 4.6.0.167. Don't like the audio sync problems with video either. And I see a display weirdness right here on the CB wap forum -- sometimes the last line of text in a post I am typing will disappear, and I can only see it if I move the cursor over it character by character.

04-03-10 09:07 PM
    Ok so I'm still LOVING everything about this build. Can't find a thing to complain about.

26 hours of uptime now and I'm sitting at 31MB free.

Call quality remains perfect.

10 hours of moderate use today without charging and I'm still at 60%.

Those of you having problems I am sorry!

Last edited by jeffreii; 04-03-10 at 09:17 PM.
    04-03-10 09:14 PM
    How come RIM has trimmed some default games from this package? I cannot find the addictive Sudoku anymore.

04-03-10 10:18 PM
    This thread has finally convinced me that no two 9000s are exactly alike.
    04-03-10 10:30 PM
    How come RIM has trimmed some default games from this package? I cannot find the addictive Sudoku anymore.

Use BBSAK to install the .cod from an earlier OS. It's just one Sudoku.cod file and you won't even need a reboot.

This thread has finally convinced me that no two 9000s are exactly alike.
    Not necessarily. We have different installed apps, different network conditions and different usage patterns/needs. All of those can contribute to a different experience.
    04-03-10 11:03 PM
    Not necessarily. We have different installed apps, different network conditions and different usage patterns/needs. All of those can contribute to a different experience.
    That's exactly what I used to say. I'm quite a moderate user, in the precise same network as you (Miami AT&T), and I have fewer apps installed than you. Explain why you are doing so much better memory-wise than I am. It's the phone. I had this discussion with katiepea a while back. She and her roommate have better phones than I do. So do you.
    04-03-10 11:50 PM
    I installed this 20 hrs ago.
    I did not wipe . I installed this over .411 base with willyboy 1.3 hybrid.

I removed backgrounds (something I couldn't do with freewilly's.
    I removed music ,videos etc but left the default themes .all done with MCP .

I started with same memory as 411 (mind you that I removed background which are 4 MB) which leaves a conclusion that this takes 4 MB more than 411

I was losing memory like crazy with linkedin installed. Since I removed it (you can't shut it down it always stays running) memory only dropped to 18 MB from 24 mb

I have Arabic language installed and the following

Addonis
    Gmail
    Gmaps
    Opera
    Bolt
    Filescout
    Beftp
    Wifi file transfer
    Doc to go 2.0
    Elertify
    Quick launch
    Splashid
    Bbnotepad
    Radio companion
    Im+ lite
    Facebook
    Tsmobiles
    Prayertimes
    Viigo
    A hulkster theme (one that does not leak, some hulkster do by the way)
    411 gave me some choppiness some times which could be fixed by enabling then disabling loud speaker.this one so far is ok.but this is the Easter holiday and I am by the red sea with a location with new huawei cells from my operator ( etisalat Egypt)
    This one seems ok by the way.

I didn't need to enterprise activate as it did this automatically but it stalled for an hour or so at 31% then all was complete

Bes browsing seems faster, and 3g response seems ok.
    GPS lock in 6 seconds from cold start .

Memory drops are ok but I hope I don't see more leaks.
    I used to reboot daily at 411 which was annoying ( I come from a nokia e series world where I rebooted once every 2 months)

I was thinking of combing 509 and freewilly 1.2 with the 9000.sfi from this to fix horrible radio of 509 .

509 was very bad with erricson towers in my home town cairo.muted calls all of a sudden.
    I removed 509 in 1 day.

Every time I rebooted 592 seems to get more settled with slower memory leaks.

The battery life looks very good , but I am now using my Chinese 3000 mah battery .but here is what I did in the past 18 hrs,I started from 90% ( my 3000 mah is equivalent to to a stock 2000 mah )
    Bluetooth music 30 mins
    Calls 30 mins
    3 hours of browsing and viigo
    Enterprise activation

I am left now with 35%
    This is extremely good for my battery.

I will watch memory in a couple of days ,if it drops below 10 MB in 24 hrs I will try a 507 install .

Overall seems like a solid build but I got a couple of hour glasses with very large web sites ( one lasted for a minute ) but that is ok .

Overall problems
    1. Slight leak ( but seems improving with reboots)
    2. Reboot time is not fast (3-4 mins on average)

Other than that its a keeper

Last edited by karimsameh; 04-04-10 at 07:44 PM.
    04-04-10 04:32 AM
    38 hours uptime and up to 32MB free.

FYI my reboot time has been consistently around 90 seconds every time.

I did have a lower memory starting point as well but .592 does not appear to be leaking or dropping memory nearly as fast as .509 did...and I made it 3 weeks on .509. That being said it's only been a day and a half.
    04-04-10 09:21 AM
    That's exactly what I used to say. I'm quite a moderate user, in the precise same network as you (Miami AT&T), and I have fewer apps installed than you. Explain why you are doing so much better memory-wise than I am. It's the phone. I had this discussion with katiepea a while back. She and her roommate have better phones than I do. So do you.
    Granted I am not an engineer...but I don't exactly believe a memory leak is attributable to inferior hardware...perhaps I am wrong.

Yes I can see slower memory or processor and such things being due to that but a memory leak seems otherwise.

I can only explain it by saying we still have different usage patterns. Other subtle differences like how many times we've rebooted at this early stage of the install, the way we installed the OS, the order in which things were done also seem like they could play a small factor in a very quirky OS.
    04-04-10 09:24 AM
    No one is mentioning if the media player issue has been fixed, where it didn't go to next song properly. 509 had this problem. Was this solved? Please let me know b4 I install it. Thanks.
    Yes , the Bluetooth control problem was solved. You can skip and rewind properly via Bluetooth headset controls working Fine on my SE DS-970

04-04-10 02:28 PM
    I am still in awe of these short boot times...
    04-04-10 04:36 PM
    Yeah if your boot time is exceeding 1 minute by much, something is very wrong, I have a 16GB SD card that's nearly full and I boot in around 1 minute

04-04-10 04:58 PM
    I fixed the problem of the phone lagging. Uninstalled Facebook and the whole phone is a different animal. For some reason, my phone doesn't play well with facebook with this build. Never had that happen before on any beta i've ever installed. Weird O Rama. Uninstalling facebook even improved the dropped call syndrome. I tried reloading the OS without facebook, and doing a fresh install, stil the same problem. Using WiFi changed nothing. Throwing facebook in the garbage sure did.
    The most annoying bug of all bugs is the
    Call Waiting ALERT VOLUME INAUDIBLE...
    I can't believe there aren't more people reporting this. Maybe you all don't use the phone as much.
    Tomorrow I go back to my work phone. =(
    04-04-10 05:06 PM
    48 hours uptime and I'm still at 32MB free.
    04-04-10 07:04 PM
    I fixed the problem of the phone lagging. Uninstalled Facebook and the whole phone is a different animal. For some reason, my phone doesn't play well with facebook with this build. Never had that happen before on any beta i've ever installed. Weird O Rama. Uninstalling facebook even improved the dropped call syndrome. I tried reloading the OS without facebook, and doing a fresh install, stil the same problem. Using WiFi changed nothing. Throwing facebook in the garbage sure did.
    The most annoying bug of all bugs is the
    Call Waiting ALERT VOLUME INAUDIBLE...
    I can't believe there aren't more people reporting this. Maybe you all don't use the phone as much.
    Tomorrow I go back to my work phone. =(

Maybe we just are not having these same issues.
    04-04-10 08:14 PM
    When I installed this leak password keeper and memo pad were missing. Im trying to add them via app loader but its telling me they are not compatible with my phone. I cant use DM with my phone as it re-locks the fire wall. Any way to get these apps back on my phone?
    04-04-10 09:04 PM
    Nevermind, got em on with crackutil although when I high light password keeper it says "net_rim_bb_password keeper" at least its on there...
    04-04-10 09:22 PM
    When I installed this leak password keeper and memo pad were missing. Im trying to add them via app loader but its telling me they are not compatible with my phone. I cant use DM with my phone as it re-locks the fire wall. Any way to get these apps back on my phone?
    Should be no problem adding the .cods back with BBSAK.

However, upon initial install of .592 I made sure Apploader had these items selected and they installed just fine.

The only thing I had to add afterward was Sudoku.
    04-04-10 09:40 PM
    Maybe we just are not having these same issues.
    No, I only meant the call waiting alert volume. Are you saying your call waiting alert is super loud like it used to be on 4.6?

04-04-10 09:42 PM
    No, I only meant the call waiting alert volume. Are you saying your call waiting alert is super loud like it used to be on 4.6?

To be honest, I only used 4.6 for a few hours. I already had os 5.0.509 installed and waiting when my phone came in the mail.
    04-04-10 10:43 PM
    To be honest, I only used 4.6 for a few hours. I already had os 5.0.509 installed and waiting when my phone came in the mail.
    Call waiting on this build is not super loud but is audible.

04-05-10 03:33 AM
218 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD