http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...ercell-451040/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If anyone is still thinking about upgrading to the leaked version in this thread, forget it, upgrade to the "official" version in the link above. I don't know why, but a lot of us lost memory with the leaked version, and got it back with the official one.
    04-12-10 11:42 AM
    boot time: slow compared to previous version. not sure if it was .411 or an earliar release, but my boot time was like 30 seconds.
    now its back to several minutes.

battery: when i have the 1 bar orangish/yellow battery life, phone just shuts off. cant be turned on. no low battery alers
    i have to pull battery.
    i get back into OS. radio off, no bars, and now getting low battery alerts.

this has happened 5 or 6 times now since upgrade.

gonna try willyboy hybrid when i get home, as my work proxy blocks his download link
    04-12-10 02:48 PM
    If anyone is still thinking about upgrading to the leaked version in this thread, forget it, upgrade to the "official" version in the link above. I don't know why, but a lot of us lost memory with the leaked version, and got it back with the official one.

The leaked version was larger

04-12-10 04:28 PM
    i have been playing with android for a few days now, and honestly, i forgot how far behind blackberry really was...i mean i sold my iphone for the bold, and never regretted it, still don't. but android is something else. i wish i had something to look forward to with blackberry, there simply isn't tho. i desperately want to hear that 6.0 is gonna ditch java, and blackberry is going to move in a good direction, but i really do believe it's a sinking ship... honestly it's close to the same experience i had on a razr, probably because they're both java os's.
    Umm, Android IS Java, you know that right? It's got its own Dalvik runtime environment and they've added C++ APIs, but it's built on Java, just like the BlackBerry OS is. And RIM's not a sinking ship by a long shot. It's just that they're smaller than Google, a HUGE amount of their resources go into security and hardware development, and they're not open source. For a secure communication device that can be administered on an enterprise level, BlackBerry is second to none. RIM is not going anywhere.

That being said, I don't disagree with you about the user experience feeling a bit lacking in terms of a fluid, robust, intuitive and trouble-free environment. My next phone may be an Android depending on what my options are in 10 months, but I don't expect whatever I choose to be without its quirks. My brother's Android can't even handle vcard email attachments. There are definite strengths and weaknesses to every smart phone platform out there.

Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-12-10 at 07:34 PM.
    04-12-10 07:27 PM
    The leaked version was larger

Yep, I know, but if you go to the official .592 sticky in the 9000 forum, you'll see jeffreii and another guy expressing skepticism about the differences in app memory with the leaked and official versions of the same OS.

The leaked version here is All Language, while the slimmer, "official" version is Multilanguage. It makes sense to me that the beefier leaked All Language version simply puts more into app memory, but those guys are or were trying to track down exactly what it could be.
    04-13-10 06:07 AM
    Yep, I know, but if you go to the official .592 sticky in the 9000 forum, you'll see jeffreii and another guy expressing skepticism about the differences in app memory with the leaked and official versions of the same OS.

The leaked version here is All Language, while the slimmer, "official" version is Multilanguage. It makes sense to me that the beefier leaked All Language version simply puts more into app memory, but those guys are or were trying to track down exactly what it could be.
    I know they seem to be trying to figure it out but to me it seems to be pretty strait forward. After shrinking the official version was 7 mb smaller than the post shrunken leaked version.

04-13-10 09:28 AM
    the radio file is also about 4mb smaller in the official than in the leak....
    04-13-10 02:16 PM
    Umm, Android IS Java, you know that right? It's got its own Dalvik runtime environment and they've added C++ APIs, but it's built on Java, just like the BlackBerry OS is. And RIM's not a sinking ship by a long shot. It's just that they're smaller than Google, a HUGE amount of their resources go into security and hardware development, and they're not open source. For a secure communication device that can be administered on an enterprise level, BlackBerry is second to none. RIM is not going anywhere.

That being said, I don't disagree with you about the user experience feeling a bit lacking in terms of a fluid, robust, intuitive and trouble-free environment. My next phone may be an Android depending on what my options are in 10 months, but I don't expect whatever I choose to be without its quirks. My brother's Android can't even handle vcard email attachments. There are definite strengths and weaknesses to every smart phone platform out there.

android is linux, they have libs in it that allow dev's to develop in java, but the OS does not run on a JVM like BB does. android runs a linux kernel. the java libraries it contains are the sole property of google and in no way resemble anything on BB. check here. i think you know as well as i do that i love blackberry, and i dont' mean to make it sound like blackberry is doomed, i do think that within the next 2 years RIM will have a 3rd place market share, if they stay with what they got they won't be competing with apple or google, which may just well be fine with them, but i think on a consumer level, it's not good news, but then again, i'm no analyst and RIM may very well not be that concerned about a consumer market. tho, i think it would be wise for them to become that.
    04-13-10 05:40 PM
  9. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    What is the biggest size memory card that this OS will recognize? I know with my husbands 8310 he has the latest OS and he can get a 16 GB memory card.
    04-14-10 12:44 PM
    folks i believe it is time for me to part ways with my blackberry, and these forums . it's been a blast talking to you all, and playing with OS's, my blackberry has bit the dust tho (screen no longer works, unless i smack it around a lot, side buttons have ceased functioning totally, keyboard buttons stop working) and since i don't really see a newer model thats any better or that i want, i have chosen to purchase the nexus one, seeing as how tmobile is going to have crazy fast hspa here any day, seemed like a good choice. so i bid you all farewell, and wish the best to you all. maybe i'll stop by on occasion and see whats going on. adios.
    04-14-10 03:58 PM
    What is the biggest size memory card that this OS will recognize? I know with my husbands 8310 he has the latest OS and he can get a 16 GB memory card.
    32 Gb is technically the largest it will read. The new 32 Gb cards are due out in May so we will see if they actually work. In the meantime the 16 Gb works fine.
    04-14-10 05:22 PM
    32 Gb is technically the largest it will read. The new 32 Gb cards are due out in May so we will see if they actually work. In the meantime the 16 Gb works fine.
    Thanks, my 16 gig is in the mail. Its good to know it will work.

04-14-10 06:49 PM
    32GB cards are already available. $199 though!

SanDisk® microSDHC™ Card - Ideal Companion for Your Multimedia Phone
    04-15-10 09:57 AM
    folks i believe it is time for me to part ways with my blackberry, and these forums . it's been a blast talking to you all, and playing with OS's, my blackberry has bit the dust tho (screen no longer works, unless i smack it around a lot, side buttons have ceased functioning totally, keyboard buttons stop working) and since i don't really see a newer model thats any better or that i want, i have chosen to purchase the nexus one, seeing as how tmobile is going to have crazy fast hspa here any day, seemed like a good choice. so i bid you all farewell, and wish the best to you all. maybe i'll stop by on occasion and see whats going on. adios.
    You'll be missed.
    I have appreciated your contribution to these OS leak threads & it has helped me with my own BB.
    I'm sure there are others who gained much help here, but haven't posted

I'm sure you'll be back.

_dave_
    04-15-10 12:13 PM
    Wow, my new 16 gig was 29$, you could buy 6 for less than 199

04-15-10 01:39 PM
    A while back I saw a "how to" using BBSAK. Can someone point me in the right direction. I really want the new OS, but would rather do it using bbsak. Thanks
    04-15-10 02:15 PM
    A while back I saw a "how to" using BBSAK. Can someone point me in the right direction. I really want the new OS, but would rather do it using bbsak. Thanks
    If you haven't updated yet, maybe you should get 5.0.0.610 instead.

04-15-10 04:00 PM
    How to load OS in application loader
    11-13-13 12:22 AM
218 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD