Probably if you start below 30 MB with this build -- that is, if you are currently starting below 35 MB with .509 or .544 -- you're not going to like it because the stabilization point (assuming it is relative to your starting app memory) would be in the mid-teens and below. For example, NoahFecks said he's now starting off at 28 MB with .592 -- if his experience is anything like mine, his memory would stablilize at around 14-15 MB (after dropping as low as 13 MB on the first dip). By which point he may well have rebooted and/or gone back to .554.

As always, though, who knows and YMMV.
    After only 4 hours I'm down to 17 MB with just a few BBMs here and there. I can already tell I'm not gonna like this build if I'm gonna be stabilizing in the teens, if at all. Definitely going back to .554. Was hanging in the high 20s on that.
    04-02-10 02:07 PM
    After only 4 hours I'm down to 17 MB with just a few BBMs here and there. I can already tell I'm not gonna like this build if I'm gonna be stabilizing in the teens, if at all. Definitely going back to .554. Was hanging in the high 20s on that.
    Used it from the time it was leaked until yesterday. Everything you highlighted is what pushed me back to .554

To me right now .554 is the best 5.0 o/s behind that .238
    04-02-10 02:14 PM
    hi

i�ve updatet today my Bold to the newest leak .592 from .554

-sms delete Error is gone
    -Switcher in Browser works again as it should
    -3G Stability on Call are much better
    -Battery Duration still testing
    -Battery draining on Reboots not yet now

-App World Disappearing when remove some apps direct from the Application Manager, seems to be fixed, but still leaves App Ghosts in the Folder, so a second reboot is necessary

- App World error - force close - no answer from server, when click on some app and want to see the reviews, is not fixed.

Anyway a very good leak compared to the horrible .554
    04-02-10 02:38 PM
    just installed, reboot with all restored is 46mb. will report back later on where memory is going, but everything else seems fine here. wifi is definitely connecting better for me. i was extremely happy on .509 so this has a lot to live up to. .509 never once dropped below 25mb for me, and always climbed back up when it got to that point.
    04-02-10 02:42 PM
    just installed, reboot with all restored is 46mb. will report back later on where memory is going, but everything else seems fine here. wifi is definitely connecting better for me. i was extremely happy on .509 so this has a lot to live up to. .509 never once dropped below 25mb for me, and always climbed back up when it got to that point.
    Is that 46 MB a drop from your usual post restart memory? (Or, to be more precise, the post-retart memory you had when you first upgraded to .509?)

I'm at 21.8 now, a drop of 16 MB in the 31 hours since last reboot. Since I generally reboot when I drop below 20, this could turn out to be a reboot every other day OS for me. I've had those before and can live with it, but I would definitely prefer the much lengthier timed between restarts that came with .509 and .554. Unfortunately, those builds also came with either choppy calls or the app switcher problem.

Why do these recent 5.0 builds come all come with one annoying thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 03:36 PM
    I think it's somewhere in the same ball park for free space, I always shrink the os's prior to installing them too, without restoring or installing apps I booted with 59MB, which is probably how it SHOULD be judged, since anything other than that will vary from device to device

04-02-10 03:39 PM
    Ok I finally upgraded.

My initial bootup was at 49MB - I guess I have to look into Shrink A OS if it's gonna get me an extra 10MB of space?? I thought CrackMem worked well enough lol.

My memory now with everything restored and installed is 41MB - exactly the same as it was on .509. (EDIT: Forgot to install app world. Now at 40MB fresh off reboot.)

My first impressions are that everything is pretty much the same as on .509 except:

1) I like the bigger text back on the today screen. I use a theme with my calendar entries on the today screen and having them in smaller text was annoying and harder to read.

2) Shazam does not work. When I run it I click on "setup" and it starts to configure my device and immediately closes with no errors. Anyone else? I have version 2.5 though I think there's a 2.5.1 I should try. (EDIT: Upgraded to 2.5.1 still no dice)

3) The SMS lockup bug might be gone. Maybe my text messages aren't long enough but I've restored them from before and have some good sized threads going that did not lock up at all when navigating through them.

More to come as I experience it. Oh yeah, bootup time right now is at 90 seconds and I've yet to see a reboot cause more than a 5% drop in battery level.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-02-10 at 07:04 PM.
    04-02-10 06:49 PM
    It'll be interesting to see how far you drop in the first 6 hours . . . if all goes according to form, you should drop down to 25-26 MB, then bump up a couple of meg to 27-28 MB after 12 hours and start a slow dribble from there, probably to around 24 after 36 hours.

04-02-10 08:48 PM
    Ok I finally upgraded.

My initial bootup was at 49MB - I guess I have to look into Shrink A OS if it's gonna get me an extra 10MB of space?? I thought CrackMem worked well enough lol.

My memory now with everything restored and installed is 41MB - exactly the same as it was on .509. (EDIT: Forgot to install app world. Now at 40MB fresh off reboot.)

My first impressions are that everything is pretty much the same as on .509 except:

1) I like the bigger text back on the today screen. I use a theme with my calendar entries on the today screen and having them in smaller text was annoying and harder to read.

2) Shazam does not work. When I run it I click on "setup" and it starts to configure my device and immediately closes with no errors. Anyone else? I have version 2.5 though I think there's a 2.5.1 I should try. (EDIT: Upgraded to 2.5.1 still no dice)

3) The SMS lockup bug might be gone. Maybe my text messages aren't long enough but I've restored them from before and have some good sized threads going that did not lock up at all when navigating through them.

More to come as I experience it. Oh yeah, bootup time right now is at 90 seconds and I've yet to see a reboot cause more than a 5% drop in battery level.
    Hi

What apps are you currently running?
    04-02-10 09:20 PM
    Does everyone here use bb messanger? I cant detete it as it is now in the core apps section. Bummer

Battery is horrible, dropped 50percent between 7:30 and 9:30 this am just stitting on the counter. Also memory is pretty bad.
    Since upgrading to .592 GPS doesnt appear to be working but its also really overcast, not sure who is to blame at the moment but if its the build, GPS is a deal breaker.

This build did solve the problem I was having with calls turning choppy...
    04-02-10 09:23 PM
    Oops -- audio sync is all screwed up on videos taken with the phone.

04-02-10 09:29 PM
    Hi

What apps are you currently running?
    BerryBuzz
    Hulkster's 10 icons L style, 7x calendar today section theme
    FileScout
    FlashOn
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile App
    Shazam
    CaptureIt
    AIM
    BBM 5.0.0.66
    BB App World
    04-02-10 09:29 PM
    Does everyone here use bb messanger? I cant detete it as it is now in the core apps section. Bummer
    Yes, you can delete BBM. You'll first have to download the most recent (leaked) version, 5.0.0.66 (look in the BB Native Apps forum here on CB for the link -- it was on the second page of that forum when I checked yesterday). After you install it, you'll see BBM has switched from being a Core App to a (fully deletable) Add-on App.

04-02-10 09:36 PM
    Yes, you can delete BBM. You'll first have to download the most recent (leaked) version, 5.0.0.66 (look in the BB Native Apps forum here on CB for the link -- it was on the second page of that forum when I checked yesterday). After you install it, you'll see BBM has switched from being a Core App to a (fully deletable) Add-on App.

I downgrade to .66, delete messanger then upgrade again?
    04-02-10 09:42 PM
    It'll be interesting to see how far you drop in the first 6 hours . . . if all goes according to form, you should drop down to 25-26 MB, then bump up a couple of meg to 27-28 MB after 12 hours and start a slow dribble from there, probably to around 24 after 36 hours.

3 hours in I've dropped from 40MB to 36MB with moderate use.

Since upgrading to .592 GPS doesnt appear to be working but its also really overcast, not sure who is to blame at the moment but if its the build, GPS is a deal breaker.

This build did solve the problem I was having with calls turning choppy...
    My GPS is very fast. Clear skies here in Miami. My first GPS lock took 15 seconds. So I went to options/advanced/gps and refreshed the GPS which took about 5 seconds to lock on. Then I loaded up Google Maps again and it locked on in 3 seconds flat. This is on my porch with less than 50% of the night sky visible.

I've had a few calls with my girlfriend, total of an hour or so, and have not experienced ANY call choppiness like I often got on .509. I'm not ready to say it's fixed but so far the calls have been perfect.
    04-02-10 09:58 PM
    I downgrade to .66, delete messanger then upgrade again?
    No, no -- you actually upgrade just BBM itself (from version 5.0.0.0 of BBM to version 5.0.0.66 of BBM) -- then you can delete it.

04-02-10 10:44 PM
    i just get the memory less than before...n will drop till 0mb
    booting so slow...
    04-02-10 11:53 PM
    I rebooted this a.m. when I dropped to 20 MB (from 37.6) after almost 48 hours. I probably could have gone a while longer but I wanted to see how memory goes after another reboot (the 5th since I installed the OS). Rebooted to 37 MB even and have dropped 3 in the last 3 hours.

Jefreii: if I had BBM installed, my numbers would be 4-5MB lower.

Last edited by JasW; 04-03-10 at 09:31 AM.
    04-03-10 09:28 AM
    I rebooted this a.m. when I dropped to 20 MB (from 37.6) after almost 48 hours. I probably could have gone a while longer but I wanted to see how memory goes after another reboot (the 5th since I installed the OS). Rebooted to 37 MB even and have dropped 3 in the last 3 hours.

Jefreii: if I had BBM installed, my numbers would be 4-5MB lower.

After wiping and putting .592 on I did at least 10 reboots before letting it settle down. Maybe that's why I am not having any memory issues.

After 15 hours I'm at 35MB free.

After over 90 minutes of phone use I have noticed the perfect call quality. This is exactly what I was hoping for when upgrading from an otherwise great .509.

The SMS lockup bug also appears to be fixed.

I am VERY happy with this OS.
    04-03-10 09:44 AM
    No, no -- you actually upgrade just BBM itself (from version 5.0.0.0 of BBM to version 5.0.0.66 of BBM) -- then you can delete it.

Thanks! Its gone.
    Last edited by sweetlittlehugs; 04-03-10 at 11:00 AM.
    04-03-10 10:35 AM
    Call quality is great, best since getting the phone (2 weeks ago, os 4.6). Boot time is crazy fast, on .509 it was taking so long, now its under a minute.

Still no GPS though
    04-03-10 11:04 AM
    Call quality is great, best since getting the phone (2 weeks ago, os 4.6). Boot time is crazy fast, on .509 it was taking so long, now its under a minute.

Still no GPS though
    I wanted to check boot time. First time I rebooted using QuickLaunch. Phone froze up on reboot and after 5 minutes I pulled battery. From battery pull to desktop phone took 4 minutes and 25 seconds. Too long by my standards. I wish I had boot times like you are claiming. I have 110mb of free mem also so I don't have too many apps loaded.
    04-03-10 11:40 AM
    So you're not using a 9000 but reporting results in the 9000 thread?

04-03-10 11:42 AM
    I wanted to check boot time. First time I rebooted using QuickLaunch. Phone froze up on reboot and after 5 minutes I pulled battery. From battery pull to desktop phone took 4 minutes and 25 seconds. Too long by my standards. I wish I had boot times like you are claiming. I have 110mb of free mem also so I don't have too many apps loaded.

Ive never had boot up times this fast. Im use to waiting 3 or 4 minutes. I didnt have 110mb even before I added all my apps. 48 was the max before adding all my apps.

IMO this is the best build.
    04-03-10 01:48 PM
    ?????? What device are you using that you boot with 110MB? Cause it sho-nuff ain't a BOLD 9000.

I installed .592 the day it leaked. Booting with 39 and stabilizing around 32.
    1. Radio is horrible, dropping calls like crazy (then again I have a 9700 so I am spoiled)
    2. I find the build very laggy with a lot of apps.
    Facebook app isn't even worth installing, it lags the entire device, I uninstalled it and use the mobile site.
    BBM sometimes lags
    Yahoo IM also lags
    3. 3G fluctuates wildly while stationary at my other house, which usually got full bars non stop.
    4. Like all 5.0 builds for the 9000, I don't use 3rd party themes...memory leaks kill the phone.
    5. When I'm on the phone the lag is intense.
    6. Also, this build has the speaker phone bug (loud squeal when you put it on speaker) I never use speaker but tested it to see.

It's a bit disconcerting to see build after build and have to settle on a .509 as a 'safe build'. .509 was filled with (I like this word you Englishmen use) "niggles" lol. I think I will have a heart attack the day a niggle free 5.0 for the 9000 hits the streets.
    I got this 9000 2 months ago, it was a warranty return due to a trackball failure (I know, hard to believe!) So the device is brand new. I used 4.6 as long as I could and then couldn't take it. I'm glad I went to 5.0 but sheesh, c-mon devs, order an espresso and get crackin!

04-03-10 02:11 PM
218 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD